Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Seen & Heard Everywhere DiGitalChamberz's Avatar

yea i see that.......................... smh

Quote Originally Posted by DiGitalChamberz View Post
    yea i been there id figure i could get sum quick real time answers on here though cuz im spending too much time researching shit and no time actually creating lol good lookin tho!
    lol

i got this new machine and it looks really cool...and i know it's a "hip hop" machine. i read about that on the internet. i know that you push buttons and stuff and sounds come out, but there is all this other stuff, wires and connections and stuff. and i'm such a fucking idiot i can't take a week to learn how to use my new "hip hop" machine, I just wanna start hitting buttons and sound like Pete Rock NOW!!!!!!!!!!

lol in all the time ive been posting here ive only just noticed the lower case H in (ThE AUDIO TIPS AND TRICKS THREAD)

lol u guys must be 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
    lol

i got this new machine and it looks really cool...and i know it's a "hip hop" machine. i read about that on the internet. i know that you push buttons and stuff and sounds come out, but there is all this other stuff, wires and connections and stuff. and i'm such a fucking idiot i can't take a week to learn how to use my new "hip hop" machine, I just wanna start hitting buttons and sound like Pete Rock NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahaha!

I'm still not sure if this guy is being sarcastic, after all this is Wu Corp.

Don't see why anyone needs more than a good soundcard, FL and a midi keyboard for hip hop beats.

sometimes when you're starting out you just gotta shut off your internet and mess with the damn machine
    it can get tempting to watch tutorial video after video until you realize it's been several hours and you still have the same skill set

Quote Originally Posted by iove View Post
    hahahaha!

I'm still not sure if this guy is being sarcastic, after all this is Wu Corp.

Don't see why anyone needs more than a good soundcard, FL and a midi keyboard for hip hop beats.
    loool @ him either way.

as far hardware. yeah you are right, in theory all you need is midi, sounds, DAW...but different kinds of samplers and gear have different sounds that you simply can't replicate with VSTs. also experienced ears can usually pick up on purely digital beats b/c they lack warmth, even if they knock hard, compared to beats that come out of hardware. but you will get as many opinions as producers you ask on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    sometimes when you're starting out you just gotta shut off your internet and mess with the damn machine
    it can get tempting to watch tutorial video after video until you realize it's been several hours and you still have the same skill set
    And we have a winner.

lol

-dead!-

loool @ him either way.

as far hardware. yeah you are right, in theory all you need is midi, sounds, DAW...but different kinds of samplers and gear have different sounds that you simply can't replicate with VSTs. also experienced ears can usually pick up on purely digital beats b/c they lack warmth, even if they knock hard, compared to beats that come out of hardware. but you will get as many opinions as producers you ask on this topic.
    yeah this is true about experienced ears.Im not gonna say who but an experienced Producer/beatmaker/DJ put me on to something and what he told me I am not gonna really reveal either but I will put it this way

real mf's know when we are using just fl ,midi controller and daw.no matter how tuff you flex it.they know better.you gotta really freak that shit.Im dead serious.

and as far as sitting here fishing for tips goes.... that shit only go so far Dun,.Its cool an all to pick up some shit from the net but FIRST - read your fuckin manuals. Second EXPERIMENT EXPERIMENT EXPERIMENT!!!!

Im not a pro by any means but I love this shit and was Born like this on the real so I know whats up and whats really good.

LMAO @ Sin "I wanna be able to touch pads right now and sound like PEte Rock NOWWWWW!!!!"

hahahaha

but for real though

sometimes if your not gna say anything... you shouldnt.. lol but alas this is Wu corp.. so i expect dick heads to come outta the wood work like sharks hehe, just thought in the Audio help thread cats would wanna help instead being all tsk tsk tsk n give a lecture about shit eh kids these days rite?
    Last edited by DiGitalChamberz; 03-31-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    yeah this is true about experienced ears.Im not gonna say who but an experienced Producer/beatmaker/DJ put me on to something and what he told me I am not gonna really reveal either but I will put it this way

real mf's know when we are using just fl ,midi controller and daw.no matter how tuff you flex it.they know better.you gotta really freak that shit.Im dead serious.
    Nah that's all bullshit.

Maybe you can hear when someone got something off youtube, but you're not gonna hear the difference between someone using FL and an MPD and someone hitting the MPC2500.

In the end you're playing parts of wav files over eachother.

dude its just that you keep on with it like you havent even tried to do things hands on yourself.Its like you are looking for an answer to life when you ask how to hook your gear up the way you are.

some of the stuff you are asking is pretty straight forward and you should just try some trial and error in my opinion.

....but like Levar Burton - "dont take my word for it"

Quote Originally Posted by iove View Post
    Nah that's all bullshit.

Maybe you can hear when someone got something off youtube, but you're not gonna hear the difference between someone using FL and an MPD and someone hitting the MPC2500.

In the end you're playing parts of wav files over eachother.

jasper you are ill with the beats an all (and I know how you just recently started) but I trust a real producer over you.somebody that this is their bread and butter.I trust when they tell me they have listened to what the Corp audio booth has to offer and they can tell who is and isnt mixing their shit right.

Im not saying that dude said you cant just use fl and a midi. Im saying about the experienced ear.

dont hold bias here buddy.lets be real.

peace

Technically there's nothing you can't do with the MPC you can't with a PC. I'm coming from the technical perspective here. The sound output all depends on what happens with the mastering and mixing. The only difference is psychoacoustics.

Feel free to trust him over me, but I'd be surprised if I had two beats here one coming straight from the MPC the other out of a PC and you could tell which one is which.