Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Death Poet

Anyone use logic?

anyone using pro-tools to record and mix? i just picked up an sm7b mic and it records at a crazy low volume. think i need a pre-amp. and im still having problems getting my vocals to sound the way i want. any vocalists got tips on what you do to make your sound tight? my room is not treated either...

Death Poet

You definatley need a pre. Which mbox you have?

Death Poet

Looks like you have some descent pre amps. But the gain ain't that great on an sm7. You may really need a mid level amp. Plus it doesn't help your shit ain't treated. Have you tried recording in the closet with clothes surrounding just your head and mic?

i got one of these... it dont wi=ork well though. no closet in the room either.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Primacou...98-i1532537.gc

whats crazy is i can hear all the flaws on my studio monitors, but when i play it in the car it sounds OK...

Frawdulent

does ne one here use virtual dj>?

Death Poet

Quote Originally Posted by cutn' heads View Post
    i got one of these... it dont wi=ork well though. no closet in the room either.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Primacou...98-i1532537.gc

whats crazy is i can hear all the flaws on my studio monitors, but when i play it in the car it sounds OK...
    I'm in Canada. the link takes me to an international site.
    Maybe your monitors ain't that great. Or also the placement is a factor, the may be too low and you an't hear your low end or too high and you can't hear your high end. Plus your room ain't treated so you may have a lot of early reflections which fuck everything up when your monitoring. When you mix and shit, if you want the best opinion on your mix usually your car is the best place. But try listening to your mix on as many different things as you can, clock radio speakers, ipod, home stereo etc. But ya, car is the best. you got to think of where it is people listen to the shit the most. Headphones are wack, unless you have studio monitor headphones. And even then you still have to be aware of frequency response and all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by davedigital360 View Post
    I'm in Canada. the link takes me to an international site.
    Maybe your monitors ain't that great. Or also the placement is a factor, the may be too low and you an't hear your low end or too high and you can't hear your high end. Plus your room ain't treated so you may have a lot of early reflections which fuck everything up when your monitoring. When you mix and shit, if you want the best opinion on your mix usually your car is the best place. But try listening to your mix on as many different things as you can, clock radio speakers, ipod, home stereo etc. But ya, car is the best. you got to think of where it is people listen to the shit the most. Headphones are wack, unless you have studio monitor headphones. And even then you still have to be aware of frequency response and all that shit.
    so much to learn if you wanna do it right. thanks for the tips...

awww mannnnn ive been fucking with Reason 5.0 for the last hour and this shit is mad nice
    i can see me totally abandoning FL studio for this
    i already got mad ideas for the sounds that come packaged with it
    although my laptop cant really run it and im pretty pissed about it haha

can somebody please help with this -
    i cant get any of the synthesizer instruments to play back any sounds in Reason 5.0
    when i hit a key i can see there is feedback in the mixer yet i cant figure out how to hear anything

are you using a midi controller? i sometimes have that happen with pro tools. i usually just turn it off and back on and it works. make sure you have your controller on when you boot the program so that it recognizes it...

yeah im usin a MPK25
    i can hear shit through the drum instruments cause i got a little beat goin but im tryin to put some synth over it
    that last part i already did but i guess ill go back to messin wif it some more...
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    yeah im usin a MPK25
    i can hear shit through the drum instruments cause i got a little beat goin but im tryin to put some synth over it
    that last part i already did but i guess ill go back to messin wif it some more...
    peace
    i gaurantee it's something simple. it always ends up that way for me. like i have something turned off that i didnt notice...good luck...

lol thats what im thinking too
    just asked people on the reason forums about it, hopefully get some feedback soon
    thanks