Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DISCIPLE View Post
    Is there anyone who knows how to make dope bass lines? With what program (for example midi-keyboard)?

Peace
    Aint no program gonna make dope basslines for ya!u gotta do it ya self.any midi keyboard will do but u gotta have a trained ear to play basslines along with ya samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Any tips for recording with low quality mics? I.E. headphones.. radio shack mics.. headsets?
    buy a better soundcard then the one you got it will help alot, also pad the room u record in so the sound doesn't echo & bounce around and sound crappy

umm get a pop filter too and eventually get a better mic

home recording is the lowest option but it can be done

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

What mic is recommended for Mcs at home?/ive seen some SHURE mics for hip hop artists etc,but they usually say they for live performances etc..i need a good mic with a condenser etc that i can plug into my computer and make some dope tracks...any help is greatful.

aka SKEPTICISM

Quote Originally Posted by 5_ELEMENT_NINJA View Post
    Aint no program gonna make dope basslines for ya!u gotta do it ya self.any midi keyboard will do but u gotta have a trained ear to play basslines along with ya samples.
    That wasn't my question! My question was if any all y'all know a midi-keyboard or a software program with some dope basses. I know how to put them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Any tips for recording with low quality mics? I.E. headphones.. radio shack mics.. headsets?

check this....

hardware..

soundcard..............what u will need to improve ur sound is a better soundcard thats what i did,,,or get a preamp

cpu ram..............u need A good amount so ur comp dosnt run slow..this will drain the life out of it ...gotta have ram

mic..........of course this but try my tekneeks first mynbee it will help u

.................................................. ..................................................
    software.........

program...need a decent programewith some good filters like sfx and a eq

.................................................. .................................................. .

try this ..to see if it helps

recoarding................

tip 1.............with the mic u got now u will need to throw some cloth over it something thin wrap it twice......this will be ur pop filter..it will some what help with hearing of ur breathing and other small sounds u dont want

tip2............ when spitting in the mic u will want to move ur head away from the mic to catch a breath try to not breath to heavy

tip3............when done spitting take ur verse and copy it overlay it by throwing it under the verse copy.... turn one down a lil..this will help make it sound more bright more clear a lil louder 2

tip4.............befor u make 2 copies eq the verse turn the hight down some this will take some of the harsh noises out...and u could turn down the bass just a tad

tip5............add sfx to it....put a lil compression on ur verse and some reverb just a lil of both

tip6 ..........add a background verse......spit out lines or words u want to stand out more.....................also when complete go threw the background verse and cut it up and move ur words so some to make it even up to the words in the verse on ur first take..so it sounds better........also eq it add compression and reverb to it...dont double up on it
    u want the background verse not to over shine.....and eq it a lil diff ;like try upping the mids a bit and having the highs up a lil more then ur first recording ...also add a lil more reverb to it to

tip7.........clean up every thing by cutting it up and deleting blurbs and other sounds u dont want in their

thats it from me......

i have a 5$ comp mic ......go listen to my shit tell me if it sounds like it

peace

p.s onother tip try and do a verse in one take..u dont want to many takes cuz each time u record it will sound diff..so one take per verse
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 01-13-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_ELEMENT_NINJA View Post
    Imma give u cats a jewel,that alot cats know.Take ya loop and make 2 copies of it.on the 1st one put a low pass filter on it so its just the bass then eq it or ad some subtle distortion.on the 2nd one put a hi pass filter on it.
    i almost do that.

well, that's one of my tricks...

Veteran Member

for da Microphone I can Say that Behringer B1 is a pretty cool Thing
    with high quality and not extrem expensive 100 bucks u need only a mixer with 48 V Phantom 60 till 100 bucks and pop killer 15-40 bucks and u hav a nice record

i just bought dese shit and and it s better than normal old tools

and it will be mo better to check extern sound card firewire USB 24bit/114khz with pnatom 48V with this ish ut sure u got like studio quality
    the problem it coasts 200 till 300 euro but only if u hav bucks to spend for quality :-D

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    check this....

hardware..

soundcard..............what u will need to improve ur sound is a better soundcard thats what i did,,,or get a preamp

cpu ram..............u need A good amount so ur comp dosnt run slow..this will drain the life out of it ...gotta have ram

mic..........of course this but try my tekneeks first mynbee it will help u

.................................................. ..................................................
    software.........

program...need a decent programewith some good filters like sfx and a eq

.................................................. .................................................. .

try this ..to see if it helps

recoarding................

tip 1.............with the mic u got now u will need to throw some cloth over it something thin wrap it twice......this will be ur pop filter..it will some what help with hearing of ur breathing and other small sounds u dont want

tip2............ when spitting in the mic u will want to move ur head away from the mic to catch a breath try to not breath to heavy

tip3............when done spitting take ur verse and copy it overlay it by throwing it under the verse copy.... turn one down a lil..this will help make it sound more bright more clear a lil louder 2

tip4.............befor u make 2 copies eq the verse turn the hight down some this will take some of the harsh noises out...and u could turn down the bass just a tad

tip5............add sfx to it....put a lil compression on ur verse and some reverb just a lil of both

tip6 ..........add a background verse......spit out lines or words u want to stand out more.....................also when complete go threw the background verse and cut it up and move ur words so some to make it even up to the words in the verse on ur first take..so it sounds better........also eq it add compression and reverb to it...dont double up on it
    u want the background verse not to over shine.....and eq it a lil diff ;like try upping the mids a bit and having the highs up a lil more then ur first recording ...also add a lil more reverb to it to

tip7.........clean up every thing by cutting it up and deleting blurbs and other sounds u dont want in their

thats it from me......

i have a 5$ comp mic ......go listen to my shit tell me if it sounds like it

peace

p.s onother tip try and do a verse in one take..u dont want to many takes cuz each time u record it will sound diff..so one take per verse
    WORD, IN ADDITION TO DAT TIP, FOR DA HEAVY SMOKERS OUT THERE, SPLIT YA 16 UP IN 4 PARTS, LIKE SPIT 4 ON BEAT, THEN CATCH DA BEAT AGAIN W/ DA NEXT 4, MAKES U SOUND MORE ON POINT WHEN ITS MIXED DOWN

YEAHHH!!thanks to some of the tips for recording here,im now able to record my raps with out any pops and fucked up sounds coming onto the track cause i have an absolutely shit mic,all i did was put a thick sorta sock over my mic and it doesnt make any of those popping sounds now lol...yeaheyah..it still sounds amateur though cause of the shit mic

any1 who knows how to make my voice sound more integrated with the beat,sound more warm,levelling n shit can u let me know..i use Cool Edit Pro to record.

Damn 100proof.. that's what up.. school in session.. haha, will keep all that in mind. Thanks and thanks Sun Tzu as well.

When you're laying down drum patterns, put a high sound on tops of ya kicks to make 'em kick a lil' harder

Support the Real. Click HERE

dope link Ghost, thanks

Support the Real. Click HERE

Question

I need to know how to d/l new sound packs and install them into FL. If anybody can help me with this then I would appriciate it. I got a link for sample packs but I have no clue how to put them in FL.