Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ***ThE AUDIO TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

If your bored while making a beat, and you have tried for over a half hour. STOP, if you keep grindin' for hours without anything, you will hurt yourself in the long run, because you will fall into a pattern of disillusionment. Take a break, and start fresh after like 1-2 hours at least.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i've been thinkin lately of buyin an SP-404...

only I've NEVER worked with any equipment before or made beats of any kind on anything...

you think somebody with no prior knowledge of this kinda technology can just jump right in and play around with it for a while and learn how to crank out some actual beats????

i'm from s-WU-tzerland swizz-chef's Avatar

i got a question...how can i make that my own made samples adjust themselves to the bpm?
    i'm using FL 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by swizz-chef View Post
    i got a question...how can i make that my own made samples adjust themselves to the bpm?
    i'm using FL 8.0

Ummmm... your suppose to make the bmp adjust to the sample lol. The other way around... unless you are going to stretch them.

shit. well...if i stretch them i have to define by ear if it matches...
    well anyways, found this site... http://www.bpmdatabase.com/

Quote Originally Posted by swizz-chef View Post
    i'm using FL 8.0

If you're using FL 8, then there should be an effect called Edison. It's a sample editor. If there isn't; you can download a free sound editor called Audacity. Both of these programs can change the tempo of a sample to whatever you tell it. For example: you might open up a song in audacity and the tempo of the song is 102 bpm an you want to slow it down to 92. You select what part of the song you want to edit by highlighting it and go to effects and select change tempo. You type 102 in the original tempo box and 92 in the second box and it will change the tempo without affecting the pitch. Hope this helps.

BTW, to anyone looking for some free VSTs; here is one of the best I've found. It's a digital replica of a real synthesizer called the "Nord Lead 2".

http://sonictransfer.com/synth1-free...thesizer.shtml

If you're new to VSTs, all you have to do is extract the files into a folder that your workstation (Fruity Loops, Cubase, Reason etc.) recognizes. Each program probably has a different way of doing it, basically you need to look through your preferences or settings and find where it shows you which folder is designated for VSTs and make sure it's the same as the folder you extracted the files to. You might have to refresh your list of VSTs in some cases, but that's about it.

PS. The synth might seem overwhelming if you've never used one, but just get a pattern going and fuck with all the knobs and pay attention to what changes. There's probably some youtube tutorials explaining how to program some dope shit. Just look up Synth1 vst on youtube, you're sure to find something. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
    If you're using FL 8, then there should be an effect called Edison. It's a sample editor. If there isn't; you can download a free sound editor called Audacity. Both of these programs can change the tempo of a sample to whatever you tell it. For example: you might open up a song in audacity and the tempo of the song is 102 bpm an you want to slow it down to 92. You select what part of the song you want to edit by highlighting it and go to effects and select change tempo. You type 102 in the original tempo box and 92 in the second box and it will change the tempo without affecting the pitch. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, i'm cutting them with edison. thanx i'll try later then.

How to improve synchronisation of acapella and my beat on FL?

Recently i started doing some remixes, and i never done that before so i'm new on that field.

Where can i find what is it's bpm?

bendin spoons like Keanuu neo n tha matrix's Avatar

Yo this is prolly not tha thread to be askin but could yall bless me with some instructions on how to upload beats to this forum? It would be appreciated

Peace2thaGods&thaEarths

Quote Originally Posted by Shogah View Post
    How to improve synchronisation of acapella and my beat on FL?

Recently i started doing some remixes, and i never done that before so i'm new on that field.

Where can i find what is it's bpm?
    checking for the tempo in an acapella is hard to do, it's better to use the beat from the song it came from.

either the full version or an instrumental will work and there's two ways you can do it. 1) add a sampler channel and load the song and then right click on the wav pattern and click detect tempo or 2) right click on the project tempo and click 'tap tempo' to bring up a window that you can use to sync the tempo to the original song yourself. I think you can use the letter c key as the tap, then just listen to the beat in the background and hit the c key in time with the song.

if for whatever reason you don't have access to the original song, just try and make the main rhyme words fall on the snares.

for example: "thug related style attract millions, fans they understand my plan, who's the kid up in the green land?"

^ the words fans, plan and land should all be on the snares. if you were using that acapella over your own beat and fans fell on a snare, but land was slightly after, then you would need to slow the tempo a little bit.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by neo n tha matrix View Post
    Yo this is prolly not tha thread to be askin but could yall bless me with some instructions on how to upload beats to this forum? It would be appreciated
    http://zshare.net

^ this site lets you upload mp3s and then gives you a direct link that you can post here.

peace

Quote Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
    checking for the tempo in an acapella is hard to do, it's better to use the beat from the song it came from.

either the full version or an instrumental will work and there's two ways you can do it. 1) add a sampler channel and load the song and then right click on the wav pattern and click detect tempo or 2) right click on the project tempo and click 'tap tempo' to bring up a window that you can use to sync the tempo to the original song yourself. I think you can use the letter c key as the tap, then just listen to the beat in the background and hit the c key in time with the song.

if for whatever reason you don't have access to the original song, just try and make the main rhyme words fall on the snares.

for example: "thug related style attract millions, fans they understand my plan, who's the kid up in the green land?"

^ the words fans, plan and land should all be on the snares. if you were using that acapella over your own beat and fans fell on a snare, but land was slightly after, then you would need to slow the tempo a little bit.

hope this helps.

Yeah, thanks.

Can someone advice which software to use for my production, cause i want to base my production on sampling with a slight touch of composing to it.

Fruity is becoming to boring and vst's are bad quality.

My friend offered me to give me his Logic, but do i really need so big and demanding program?, i just need some quality vst's, simply so i could add them to my samples...

Is reason a good choice? Recommend something!

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH manhattan360's Avatar

anybody know how to make acapellas out of real songs
    GIFSoup

Visit the Site Peace
    http://www.themathhattan.com/

I'm getting so fucking frustrated with Fl studio! AHHH
    I know exactly what I want to do but can't figure how to do it lol
    anywayz, I'm a noob at it and I got this like 5 second sample I want to loop, but I have no idea how to have it match perfectly with the number of beats
    like it either cuts it off, or I have space left after the sample plays

this should be a very simple thing to fix I would imagine, but I've been working at this specific thing for a few hours now

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mumm ra View Post
    i'm getting so fucking frustrated with fl studio! Ahhh
    i know exactly what i want to do but can't figure how to do it lol
    anywayz, i'm a noob at it and i got this like 5 second sample i want to loop, but i have no idea how to have it match perfectly with the number of beats
    like it either cuts it off, or i have space left after the sample plays

this should be a very simple thing to fix i would imagine, but i've been working at this specific thing for a few hours now
    you will neverr bee satisfied until you buy an sp! 303 orr 404!