2. Around The Way Girl
    3. Eat 'Em Up L Chill
    4. Mr. Good Bar
    5. Murdergram
    6. Cheesy Rat Blues
    7. Farmers Blvd. (Our Anthem)
    8. Mama Said Knock You Out
    9. Milky Cereal
    10. Jingling Baby (Remixed But Still Jingling)
    11. To Da Break Of Dawn
    12. 6 Minutes Of Pleasure
    13. Illegal Search
    14. The Power Of God

How does this album not have a thread? It’s LL’s finest hour lyrically, but the production is also perfect thanks to Marley Marl. Whether I’m 13 or 20 I still break my neck like a maniac whenever I hear Murdergram. That was my favourite LL track of all time at one point.

The balance is what makes the album fantastic of course, he's got the tracks that show people why he's one of the greatest MC's ever (aforementioned Murdergram, The Boomin' System, Eat Em' Up L, Jingling Baby, Cheesy Rat Blues).

He had the hardcore anthems that had everybody from the student to the gangsta talking & bobbing their heads (Mama Said Knock You Out, Illegal Search, Farmer's Blvd, To The Break Of Dawn) and of course it's not an LL album without the ladies getting their due (Around The Way Girl, Milky Cereal, 6 Minutes of Pleasure). Of course he also kicked some knowledge on The Power of God.

To this day there are people out there trying to match what LL accomplished with this record. Maybe it's the nostalgia but there aren't many current releases as complete and satisfying as this one was. Show some respect people.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 12-Gauge Sun Roof View Post
    poop.
    Huh?

Where in newcastle you from Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Crook View Post
    Where in newcastle you from Flow
    High Heaton.

Classic album, milky cereal is creative, and funny
    The dealer of hope is selling me lies
    Reasons to live are reasons to die, in disguise
    This life was never mine, the rivers never ran
    Cross your arms, its too late for helping hands
    Spit your pity elsewhere, there's no sympathy needed
    For one who's never alive, for one who's never completed (Bigot Hitman)
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...=25482&page=61

Great album, the highlight of LL's career - it was definitely a wise move to collaborate with the hottest hip-hop producer (at the time) to make this album. Lyrically LL is at his peak right here, as the threadstarter said he covers the whole spectra, with hardcore bangers, lyrical joints, shit for the ladies, you name it.. Marley's backdrops are funky as hell wether they're slow-paced grooves or slap-in-your-face music (Murdergram, Mama Said Knock You Out), and although it sounds a bit outdated in 2008 it's still damn enjoyable. The title track stays as one of the rawest, most energic hip-hop tracks ever created...

9/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

the best ll cool j album by far. instant classic. boomin system and mama said knock you out being my favs on the album.

-

Mama Said Knock You Out album is a classic. He ripped it on Murdergram. People forget that LL is ill lyrically. Just because he's doing gay music now doesn't mean he can't get hardcore lyrically if he wanted to. I miss the hardcore LL. He's too soft now. His last 3 albums have shown how soft he is now. The GOAT was his last good album. People slept on 14 Shots To The Dome album. He had several hard joints on there. I think his best albums are Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out. He pissed me off with Phenomenon album. That album is so gay except for 4,3,2,1 song. LOL@Master P's lyrics on 4,3,2,1 remix.

Mama said knock who out? I'll punch that bitch in the mouth 'cause she don't know what she's talkin about.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Bigot Hitman, I agree and I like the cereals he named on Milky Cereal. The Boomin System is my jam and I love Eat Em Up L Chill, Murdergram, Cheesy Rat Blues, Jingling Baby remix, 6 Minutes Of Pleasure and The Power Of God. Props to Redman for sampling a little bit of Mama Said Knock You Out on Time 4 Sum Axsion when LL said explosion and Das EFX sampled Mama Said Knock You Out on Hard Like A Criminal when LL said hard. I love Time 4 Sum Axsion and Hard Like A Criminal songs.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.