Thread: Gift Of Gab

Default Gift Of Gab

More flows than KRS One. Better breath control than Busta. More diverse content than pretty much everybody. He's a complete emcee. Some people were disappointed with his solo, but I thought it was great, when he's with Xcel there are always just some tracks I don't feel much because of the style of production, I liked the overall vibe of his solo album more plus I think it showed even more growth of his flow from his Blackalicious material.

I really think Gab is one of the best five emcees out right now, and his flow is second to none, Tonedeff is up there to as far as his flow, but while Tone is skillful with his flow, Gab seems to have more of an ability to adapt to different beats. Gift of Gab is definitely one of the most skilled emcees I've heard.

I think he makes it into my top 30 of all time without breaking a sweat. Any fans on Wu-Tang Corp?

ill vouch for gab (not that he needs it)

hes definately one of the best i know and id say on his way too gaining legendary status

all blackalicious albums are dope dope, although i couldnt get into the craft like the others, but i still bump it

i used to bump 40oz for breakfast, and drink 40's for breakfast
    i played alphabet aerobics to teach my english class some vocab
    sometimes i do some exercises to release

i bought the supreme lyricism mixtape, but lost it when i moved...i got to listen to it once and remember it being pretty good...

id like to see a wu collabo with them, maybe on a think differently album-mabybe with deck or ugod, that could b dope

What happened to Blackalicious and Gift of Gab?

Back when they came out they had their own unique style and lyrically and consciously had some of the best hip hop you could find.

Gift of Gab - Way of the Light is one of my favorite Hip Hop songs ever!

I bought the CD Fourth Dimensional Rocketships Going Up when it came out. Still have that album somewhere.

What happened to Blackalicious and Gift of Gab? It's another group that was awesome during the 2000's but I didn't hear much from them since 2010.

Back when they came out they had their own unique style and lyrically and consciously had some of the best hip hop you could find.

Gift of Gab - Way of the Light is one of my favorite Hip Hop songs ever!

I bought the CD Fourth Dimensional Rocketships Going Up when it came out. Still have that album somewhere.
    Also check out the album Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow

Mod can delete one of the double posts.

Gift of Gab (feat. R.A. The Rugged Man and A-F-R-O) - Freedom Form Flowing (Official Music Video) youtube.com/watch?v=L3dtIyt6U1E

Nia by Blackalicious was solid. Glad to see this thread. I had completely forgotten about them. Haven't heard the album in years. Gotta go dig up my copy.

Old School

Blackalicious dropped Imani Vol 1 about 5 years ago. Great album.

Gab did have another solo album post 2010 titled The Next Logical Progression. Other than that, I think it has just been a mixtape from a couple of years ago, but I don't think those were new recordings.

If you haven't heard it, he also had a collaboration with Lateef and Headnodic called The Mighty Underdogs. They dropped an EP and an LP in 2008.

Old School

Thanks logitrax. I will see if those albums are for sale anywhere.

If you have any clips or videos please post them.

He's a fantastic lyricist and the songs are really soulful.

Is an overhyped virus a method of population control?
    Gift of Gab - Population Control
    Last edited by Sense-A; 05-22-2020 at 07:41 PM.