Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZA working on new Bobby digital project

Default RZA working on new Bobby digital project

By: Yves Erwin Salomon

The Wu-Tang Clan's RZA released the soundtrack for Spike TV's animated series, Afro Samurai, today (January 16th). The project features guest appearances by Talib Kweli, Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip, Stone Mecca, and GZA.

The producer and rapper is also busy working on a new Bobby Digital album. He explained that he decided to do the album as a vehicle to give some of his up-and-coming proteges a platform. He said: "I got a little homies with me, you know what I mean, that need to be in the hip hop game right now, you know what I mean? And it's hard to break them in, you know what I mean?"

The rapper added: "And so I went, you know, to get a deal for them. When I went to get a deal for 'em it was like, 'Yo you know they new and this and that. You know you could do a Bobby album. You know you could put them on that. It would put them out and break them through and you could go from there.'"

RZA subsequently released two solo sets under the name Bobby Digital, RZA As Bobby Digital in 1998 and Digital Bullet in 2001.

posted by HipHopHavoc at 1/16/2007

Idk what that first sentence means b/c I haven't seen the soundtrack on the web anywhere. But, I'm glad another album is in the works.

i wonder who hes talking about. Maybe b9, islord, free murda who knows

Another Bobby Album?

That's Gonna Be A Real Banga, No Doubt

i thought he was through with that alter ego. wasn't that the reason he made birth of a prince? not that i'm complaining but damn when is he gonna drop the cure? what ever. i just hope it's a banger like the original bobby digital in stereo.

It seems like that's the reason he puts out the Bobby Digital albums at all, doesn't it? Holocaust and Killarmy were all over the first one, Killa Sin & Prodical all over the 2nd one and BoaP had Division.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

This album will probably feature Cilveringz, Islord, Young Justice, Free Murda, & Suga Bang Bang (I really hope so)

'

He must be back on the acid.

nice...

wuswordz95

afro samuari comes out jan 3oth. im looking foward to the new bobby digital album

GENERAL WISE

I am looking for some RZA beats, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by *Robbydigital* View Post
    He must be back on the acid.

nice...
    the fucked up thing is that you're probably right. hey ghost and rae are back on the sniffy jiffy

Default Finally

It's about fucking time I can't wait hopefully it will be similar to digital bullet!

Veteran Member

Fuck another Bobby album??? What ever happend to 'Return Of The Prince'??? The LP the FANS voted for on the Corp??? He knew we wanted a Prince Rakeem album n goes back to Bobby, wtf. Well I hope its just "Bobby Digital Presents" type of album though

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

The Worlds Greatest Mind Bob Digital!
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by ckretwon View Post
    i thought he was through with that alter ego. wasn't that the reason he made birth of a prince? not that i'm complaining but damn when is he gonna drop the cure? what ever. i just hope it's a banger like the original bobby digital in stereo.

word....... bobby was his street shit.....*shrugs* i predict this album in 09`

hmmm... this should be promising

Domestic Violence 3!!!!

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy