Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: what do yall think about reparations?

Veteran Member

What I mean is the dividends families of founders continue to get. Dont tell me they magically stop making a profit when it goes public. There also options not available to the public even in "public companies".

Quote Originally Posted by eD View Post
    the sad thing is that some people think they are owed something simply because they are black. not because they personally were enslaved, raped, humiliated etc etc......but because they are black.

and that is wrong.

The slaves we owe our apologies and if this were those days we would owe them a lot more no doubt.

But to say today that the playing field is not level is just plain dumb.

I started with nothing, I grew up in poverty. Am I owed something? No.Or do I owe it to myself to make something out of myself? Or when i fail should I blame another race? Another class? No. If I fail I failed. Simple as that. You cant waste your life pointing fingers etc and blaming others for what ultimately is your own responsibility and your own destiny.
    True. I mean some white people got it just as bad as blacks do nowadays too. It aint a black and white thing anymore. It is beyond that even. Politics in a democratic society is what it is all about nowadays.

And I admit that the past was as bad as it gets. But what is done is done, that can never be changed. Plus none of them today are directly responsible. Alot of them even feel sorry or guilty, but it aint even directly their faults. It was the white people of back then not today is the realistic way of looking at it. Plus never forget that imagine if they never changed, it could be much, much worse then it is now or the same as it was then. Hell.

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

i agree with ed.. i never owned any slaves. i never held anyone down or any of that horrible horrible stuff that 7EL7 mentioned. that happened many generation ago.. and for someone to say they are owed somthing is bullshit. all this energy is being put forth to claim what is owed.. pointing fingers... claiming one doesnt have a equal oppurtunity.. its all bullshit. if half that energy was put forth into something positive like trying to overcome adversities then it would be time and energy well spent. we can sit back and blame white folks all day long.. aint gonna get us nowhere. its time to stop lookin for a fuckin handout and make shit happen. now i will agree that being white in america may have its advantages but thats everywhere. not just in the country and not exclusive to being white. excuses will get you nowhere. lets not forget what horrible stuff has been done... but at the same time put forth some time and effort into bettering the situation insteading of always blaming someone else...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1 View Post
    True. I mean some white people got it just as bad as blacks do nowadays too. It aint a black and white thing anymore. It is beyond that even. Politics in a democratic society is what it is all about nowadays.

And I admit that the past was as bad as it gets. But what is done is done, that can never be changed. Plus none of them today are directly responsible. Alot of them even feel sorry or guilty, but it aint even directly their faults. It was the white people of back then not today is the realistic way of looking at it. Plus never forget that imagine if they never changed, it could be much, much worse then it is now or the same as it was then. Hell.
    It never was a black/white thing. Have you read Jim Goad's "The Redneck Manifesto?" Insightful shit.

Even the Black Panthers had "rednecks" they were cool with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_Party

"Many of the strategies that the Patriot Party employed were borrowed from the Black Panthers, with whom they were especially close. They had a Free Breakfast for Children program and the Eugene, Oregon chapter garnered much community support with their "Free Lumber" program. At this time many poor mountain-dwelling people still used wood-stoves and cheap wood was hard to come by."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fist View Post
    What I mean is the dividends families of founders continue to get. Dont tell me they magically stop making a profit when it goes public. There also options not available to the public even in "public companies".

lawls....dood....companies that operated then do not exist now. the label/the name might but it was probably bought up in a merger a 100 years ago. And if the company didnt get bought out or go public it probably sunk and went bankrupt long, long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by born invincible View Post
    i agree with ed.. i never owned any slaves. i never held anyone down or any of that horrible horrible stuff that 7EL7 mentioned. that happened many generation ago.. and for someone to say they are owed somthing is bullshit. all this energy is being put forth to claim what is owed.. pointing fingers... claiming one doesnt have a equal oppurtunity.. its all bullshit. if half that energy was put forth into something positive like trying to overcome adversities then it would be time and energy well spent. we can sit back and blame white folks all day long.. aint gonna get us nowhere. its time to stop lookin for a fuckin handout and make shit happen. now i will agree that being white in america may have its advantages but thats everywhere. not just in the country and not exclusive to being white. excuses will get you nowhere. lets not forget what horrible stuff has been done... but at the same time put forth some time and effort into bettering the situation insteading of always blaming someone else...

Oh so being white does have it's advantages ?? Really ?

Well, then that aint so equal.

And yes, I agree that bettering the situation is the key.

Veteran Member

40 acres and a mule. What would that cost in today's market?

Quote Originally Posted by born invincible View Post

indeed.

Veteran Member

lawls....dood....companies that operated then do not exist now. the label/the name might but it was probably bought up in a merger a 100 years ago. And if the company didnt get bought out or go public it probably sunk and went bankrupt long, long ago.
    Still the descendants have money AND it wouldn't really hurt them too much financially to pay up...

And yes, I agree that bettering the situation is the key.
    life isnt equal. life isnt fair. life never will be. you just have to hope you run into decent, good and honest people while you live.

Still the descendants have money AND it wouldn't really hurt them too much financially to pay up...
    all this sounds like is you want a handout.....the decendents had nothing to do with slavery either so why should they be punished? if you want money....if you want to be well off and live comfortable then get it through your head that you have to work for it. and the work is not going to be easy but frustrating, sweaty, long days long nights, self sacrafice type of shit.........that is the way it works today if you want to make an honest living.

stay on the straight and narrow....fuck all the bullshit with drama and this and that. set goals and focus on achieving them. if you fail and are poor your whole life you have no one to blame but yourself.....especially in America where its easy as hell to make money.

It never was a black/white thing. Have you read Jim Goad's "The Redneck Manifesto?" Insightful shit.

Even the Black Panthers had "rednecks" they were cool with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_Party

"Many of the strategies that the Patriot Party employed were borrowed from the Black Panthers, with whom they were especially close. They had a Free Breakfast for Children program and the Eugene, Oregon chapter garnered much community support with their "Free Lumber" program. At this time many poor mountain-dwelling people still used wood-stoves and cheap wood was hard to come by."

Yes, that's what I always believed it was and is all about just the poor or poverty vs. the rich.

Because every poor person regardless of race black or white is trying to come up. And that means every rich person be it black or white is trying to hold on to what they got.

Veteran Member

all this sounds like is you want a handout.....the decendents had nothing to do with slavery either so why should they be punished? if you want money....if you want to be well off and live comfortable then get it through your head that you have to work for it. and the work is not going to be easy but frustrating, sweaty, long days long nights, self sacrafice type of shit.........that is the way it works today if you want to make an honest living.

stay on the straight and narrow....fuck all the bullshit with drama and this and that. set goals and focus on achieving them. if you fail and are poor your whole life you have no one to blame but yourself.....especially in America where its easy as hell to make money.
    Fuck you eD. That is what I do. Hell, this is principle. If I shot your grandma and took her gold necklace would you want me wearing it when I got out of prison?

and that is capitalism.....^^ you wanna be paid and well off? it really isnt that hard.

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

you and i both know this is true.. there is really no debating it. but since some white dude has a better chance at something does that mean that you or me are entitled to something? not really... i will tell you what i am entitled to.. success. black, white, brown, yellow or red... success is achieveable. its a matter of what your willing to sacrifice or put forth to attain it. military folks get alot of shit for being in the military. people say i would rather go to jail than serve. well thats their personal choice and i respect that.. but dont say you dont have any options. when i joined the military.. i didnt have shit. my parents aint have shit. and it was lookin like i was headed for life of shit... but i made a choice. a tought choice. at the time i didnt particularly want to join the army. but i made a move to better myself. the army feeds me.. pays me.. pays for me education. 100% paid for education. i have alot more now at my age then my parents did at the same age.

folks say shit fair.. welcome to life. the shit aint fair. but you gotta take your situation and improve on it.

this shit is gettin out there and the reparations subject is what is important i guess. i just dont think its legit.