Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what do yall think about reparations?

Veteran Member

No it isnt. If it isnt then what does it matter? For me its a highly symbolic matter. I'm getting mine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fist View Post
    Fuck you eD. That is what I do. Hell, this is principle. If I shot your grandma and took her gold necklace would you want me wearing it when I got out of prison?
    lawls....dood....again your comparing today with 200 years ago.

you cannot blame ppl today for what happened so long ago. we had nothing to do with it and the money made of off the slaves is long gone. work for your money dont keep asking for free money that you didnt earn.

Veteran Member

And what's so bad about that?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by eD View Post
    you cannot blame ppl today for what happened so long ago. we had nothing to do with it and the money made of off the slaves is long gone. worl for your money dont keep asking for free money that you didnt earn.

But on the otherside of that why should they get free money either just for being a descendant of someone who owned slaves?

life isnt equal. life isnt fair. life never will be. you just have to hope you run into decent, good and honest people while you live.

Yes but that doesn't change what was said.

Being white has it's advatages. AND how come being black doesn't ??

they probably are not getting free money....are you really that dumb? money made 200 years ago off of slave labor is not around today. the companies have been bought and sold and bought again and closed and sold etc etc.

you seem to think rich ppl owe you something when no one owes you anything but yurself.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1 View Post
    Yes but that doesn't change what was said.

Being white has it's advatages. AND how come being black doesn't ??

I dont know why. i didnt build the system.....but if you continue to believe this then you will go no where. you need to prove everyone who believes that wrong. prove them wrong.

Veteran Member

they probably are not getting free money....are you really that dumb? money made 200 years ago off of slave labor is not around today. the companies have been bought and sold and bought again and closed and sold etc etc.

you seem to think rich ppl owe you something when no one owes you anything but yurself.
    How the fuck can you say its not around today? It was invested into other things multiple times but that doesnt mean the net capital still isnt there. Why do the police bust people for money laundering? Just because you "invest" drug money into something else doesnt mean the net capital didnt come from drugs.

And I doubt I could even get reparations. I'm like 1/4 black so stop with that "you feel entitled" bullshit.

Your right. BUT how come being white has it's advatages and being black not ??

Could it be that blacks are minority ?? Or could it be that blacks just don't know how to act ?? Just kidding. But the black on black crime needs to stop for real and then that goes for all crimes as well too.

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

everyone remember what tron carter did with his reparations? shit was classic!!!

kid had a hot hand in a dice game...

I dont know why. i didnt build the system.....but if you continue to believe this then you will go no where. you need to prove everyone who believes that wrong. prove them wrong.
    Exactly. Too bad most people don't see it that way. Your right people should stop blaming others and making excuses about the past and shit. We are here NOW, so we have to build from where were at NOW. Like I said it is beyond race to me. Because your own people will try to do you in or go against you or whatever. Like you said it is about good people that is it bottom-line. Good people does not have anything to do with color in my opinion. Plus, there is alot of good white people in my opinion nowadays anyways. As well as good and bad black people even.

Quote Originally Posted by born invincible View Post
    everyone remember what tron carter did with his reparations? shit was classic!!!

kid had a hot hand in a dice game...

LOl.

Wu Vatican

thats honestly what i always think when i hear black people bitching about the white man and what not. if you really want to fuck him over bust your ass get money and live big. and by the time your rich it wont matter anyways.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

im not saying that whites today should be penalized for what people with white skin did centuries ago. i'm just wondering how the problem should be addressed. and there is an uneven playing field; to say that isnt to say that black people shouldn't take control of their life and try to make something happen for themselves instead of pointing fingers. but you can't say that the racial history of america doesn't still play its part in our society today. asking for reparations goes beyond an excuse to not work as hard as you could...its about easing the pain of crimes done to your ancestors.
    but at the same time, i also think, to a certain extent, that if you live by your skin color than you're no better than the people who, in a sense, 'began' racism in the first place. so there is a conflict. it comes down to whether the person wants to think of his or her self as an individual or as one facet of a larger entity. the problem is, we're forced to think in terms of skin color. so do you try and rise above that, or give into it?
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-