3 9.68%
  • Mediocore

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Afro Samurai Reviews

Default Afro Samurai Reviews

01. Afro Theme feat. RZA: Cool introduction to the album, wish it would be longer than 29 secs cuz the beat is bangin 10/10

02. Afro Instr: An interlude but the music is deep very ost sounding but then again is cool though 6/10

03. Certified Samurai feat. Talib Kweli, Free Murder & Suga Bang Bang: The first banger talib and free are on point ( don't know why everybody hating on free cuz he flows quite good) but the king of the winner is RZA , god damn what a beat with the scratching and the melody sounding beat a 10/10

04. Just A Lil Dude feat. Q-Tip & Free Murder: This is dope great beat, i wish the new clan album sound something similar to this and i'm loving q-tip flow on these one, hooks great too and free kills it again, i'm loving his swagger 10/10

05. Afros Father Fight: Instrumental this shit is funky on some black explotation shit is good 7.5/10

06. Oh feat. Stone Mecca & Allen Anthony: Ok first r&b track from the new killa beez, this is some smooth shit not bad but...the album was sounding so gritty and 36 that this shit cuts quite a bit the feeling of this album anyway i like the bassline i think RZa could have flipped this shit to be more of a banger and continue with the dark sound 5/10

07. The Walk feat. Stone Mecca: 2 R&B track of the album, this one is more smooth than the last one, i ain't feeling this shit, i don't think RZA produce this shit, totally fucks the vibe of the album 2/10

08. Bazooka Fight: Intrumental ost type it doesn't bring nothing new but i like they he experiments 5/10

09. Who Is The Man feat. The Reverend William Burke: Fuck here we go again with the vibe of the album william burke is good we need to know more about this cat, how he hook up with the RZA and if he is down with k.beez. The beat is fucking good with the guitar and the sample reminds me of some james bond type song shit but a little short 10/10

10. Ninjaman: Instrumental this shit is funky as hell too i like this shit but sounds a little west coast too, RZA loves to makes this type of beats on some the sting vibe shit 7.5/10

11. Cameo Afro feat. Big Daddy Kane, GZA & Suga Bang Bang: Wu sound in it's purest form, for god shake this the shit we want from the RZA, Kane & Gza make a good combo , the hook from kane is dope and his flow is impressive (everybody can talk shit bout age but kane shits on every young cat) and the beat is fire cut and paste type shit with horns, i love rza horns he a master of that type of beats 10/10

12. Tears Of A Samurai: Instrumental this is some oriental feeling beat with a melody that grows and grows, fuck rza is a genius 8/10

13. Take Sword Pt. 1 feat. RZA & Beretta 9: My fav track this is awesome, kung fu intro, this is the shit that makes me love to death the wu-tang clan, this is a hard ass beat fuck commercial this is the shit that made me love hip hop, RZA sounds like he coming from the gravediggaz era the beat is so gritty, hard , 36 chambers and at the same type some experimental new sound fuck the best track in years coming from the rza (please do the new clan album with this beats) and beretta 9 lazy flow fits perfectly with the track a fucking 100/10

14. The Empty Theme: Instrumental oriental meets black explotation meets soul very original beat, the best instrumental 10/10

15. Baby feat. Maurice: R&B totally out of place...don't need to say no mo check the rate 0/10

16. Take Sword Pt. 2 feat. 60 Seconds & True Master: Oh my fucking god!!! fucking awesome beat with an eery sound with swords, great drums and bassline similar to cream, 60's back with his style rhyming like he's talking and true master is giving to ya raw too, i'm loving the lyrics lots of kung fu references 9/10

17. Bazooka Fight II: Instrumental similar to part I 5/10

18. Fury In My Eyes/Revenge feat. RZA & Thea: This song has potencial even with the singer from holland that RZA signed to his label this is dark, the lyrics are so wu-tang with kung fu references, i'm loving it the beat is incredible a mix of soft side with Thea and a hard side with RZA 10/10

19. Afro Samurai Theme (First Movement): Instrumental This is great fuck i have no words for RZA he really knows how to make a soundtrack and music, my personal Idol 8/10

20. Afro Samurai Theme (Second Movement): Instrumental oriental feeling RZA it's really a musician i'm telling you, i bet no one of the these great producers can't approach him and the way he understand music 8/10

21. Insomnia feat. Bobby Digital & J-Love: y'all know this track by now great beat great lyrics don't know why people hate on this track, j-love made a lovely beat with a great sample even if it's old 9/10

22. So Fly feat. Bobby Digital & Division: Up-tempo track the sample of this song sounds familiar on some flick shit, i think it will grow on me, very fast paced maybe, but love the way RZA flows on the track division is on the hook but i'm getting used to it, fuck!! this song is dope 8/10

23. We All We Got feat. Bobby Digital & Black Nights: Whoaa bob digi is in tha house, this is experimental beat shit, RZA is on a lazy flow he's known for, this is rare but i'm liking it, i know a lot of you going to hate on this but this is on some stroke of death experiments (don't know why so manny people hate on that track is awesome) the black knights feature is reduce to a minimum and i think tash mahogany is on too, this is short track 8.5/10

24. Glorious Days feat. Bobby Digital & Dexter Wiggles: Uuum hard to swallow at first listen, the singer annoys a little and the piano beat too, but RZA is good and the drum pattern comes from brutality and presidential mc's, could been better but anything can't be good lol 5.5/10

25. Series Outro: Intrumental beat sounds good with a little old school vibe shit, piano ( u know RZA is good with instruments) good end to this album, need to remember y'all this is an OST 7/10

I'm loving this album if u take out the r&b shit or only keeping the first one called Oh! this shit is a straight banger from star to finish and i think the idea of bringing talib, tip and kane will make this approach to an audience even wider and i read a lot of reviews from the tracks that leaked and people from hip hop forums were loving it, RZA chapeau for u now you need to makes beats from the clan album on these vibe, the wiiner of the soundtrack is TAKE SWORD PART I the best track in years coming from the THE RZA peace

OL'DIRTY BASTARD (R.I.P.)

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Pretty good reveiw. Now i have a better idea what to expect when i kop the album.
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Song with The Reverend William Burke is insane!!!

lemme guess....leaked?

I am tryin to find this shit but I cant..
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

Yeah, this shit is ill and I actually like the R&B joints, they sound like some older soul shits. Stone Mecca is ill. I dont like the added Bobby Digital tracks though, I don't mind the Bobby stuff, but not these.

P.E.A.C.E.

Certified Samurai is that shit. Everytime I hear it I wish some of the generals were rhyming on it. That beat is pure genius.

They have a pre-order I think, at undergroundhiphop.com but it's not that many tracks...are their 2 different albums? There was no Black Knights on the other one.

truth0ne SGC/ Studio Griz truth0ne's Avatar

BUY THIS ALBUM.

Downloading is a given (and I'm rocking that shit right now at work in the headphones) but PUT UP THE MONEY FOR IT.

Quote Originally Posted by truth0ne View Post
    BUY THIS ALBUM.

Downloading is a given (and I'm rocking that shit right now at work in the headphones) but PUT UP THE MONEY FOR IT.
    Always, I'm just an impatient motherfucker, lol, but definitly. Its just something about having the booklet that I like, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquel View Post
    Song with The Reverend William Burke is insane!!!
    ^^^no question

I want you to put your hands together and
    welcome him to the stage -- a big round of applause for Jackson Heights'
    own, Mr. Randy Watson! Yesssss!!!! Randy Watson!

I realise any opinion on RZA’s input into this is incredibly bias on this site, but after one full listen I have to say RZA well and truly murdered this whole thing production wise. From what I can tell, even the R & B type songs are incredible. As for Kane, he has maybe the best verse on the entire soundtrack, he assaulted the track, seriously.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

shit i gotta find this...

that song Take Sword pt 1 has me buggin...dopest Wu cut i've heard in a looooong time

cant fuckin WAIT for this to come out

very good album, i'm actually surprised...gza and true master have the best lyrical performances to me, rza's instrumentals are very impressive, especially 'Empty Theme' is very progressive. This album makes me very excited for CL2 and 8th Diagram. I already ordered this. I hope you guys buy this.