• Average

3 9.68%
  • Mediocore

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Afro Samurai Reviews

Madripoor: 1988 - small island in the southern portion of the Strait of Malacca, s/w of Singapore

Checked all the regular spots but I ain''t seeing it. Oh well, here's to looking forward to next Tuesday.

Enjoyable for the most part. Standout track so far is take sword but the q-tip, kweli, and gza joints are dope too. I can understand someone not liking the ost but to call it garabge is an exaggeration.

I've only heard it once though so these are just early impressions but it got me really looking forward to what rza is gonna hit us off with on cuban 2. Gotta stay checkin for rza.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Only thing I can't stand about the album is that Rza reused the beat from The Brutality beat again

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

A fine companion piece to the Ghost Dog sdt.

dude dat says it`s a soundtrack n it doesnt have to have a flow is right

i lUV all of the tracks even started to like the stone mecca tracks, the only track i cant stand is the track with maurice
    top tracks for me - fury in my eyes (extremely melodical, unique shit) and take sword part 2-60 seconds assassin is makin it sound really raw

but ther`s a song from the third episode thatz missing and dat shit really pisses me off cuz it sounded really dope
    it`s the song dat`s played during the fight in the air between the cyborg and afro
    it`s performed by black knights i think but i dont know the fuckin name so if anyone had heard it before.....LET ME KNOW IT
    Last edited by kempa; 01-25-2007 at 04:51 PM.

first i fucked up my own promise on not listen one more song till the album drops but i couldn't wait damn you internet damn you curiosity damn you Wu Corpians i end up downloading the whole album

1- intro could be longer great beat
    2- is cool but he could added that to another track and be fine
    3- you all ready know this is a certified banga (don't like Free verse)
    4- not even God can make a beat like this
    5- funky
    6- oh this shit don't belong PERIOD shit just throw me off the rawness
    7- AGAIn the same shit as 6 i feel like im listening to the same song twice plus why he would make this 2 crap song 4 minutes and make dope beats like the intro and afro samurai theme last only seconds don't make senses
    8- dope
    9- RZA again doing shit that makes my eyes water
    10- just the Ninja theme i don't like it but is and OK track
    11- classic strictly lyrical
    12- Damn! this shit is perfect just imaging this with a beat
    13- don't you dare to say that RZA lost he's ability cuz this will proof you wrong
    14- kind of cool it entertains you
    15- this fucking shit sound like I'm listenting to R Kelly or D' Angelo what tha fuck is this don't belong like the other R&B tracks
    16- wait a sec i got something on my eyes hold on... OK wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! damn! beats like this and Just A Lil Dude you can save Hip Hop single handedly
    17- great
    18- Tssss! only RZA can do this crazy crazy beat listen to the piano on the background on the begining is captivating
    19- this could be easyly the best tarck if it was longer like 5 minutes (what happen to the sound that appear when RZA's name appear on the trailer)
    20- dope great and everything that is to describe good
    21- i like this song alot for a long time so i don't mind that is here
    22- good sounds bad bad drums bad lyrics this don't belong on a soundtrack
    23- it pass this is good rare but good
    24- good
    25- good

Overall finally a good album where i can say i like more song that the ones i hate def this shit will be on my collection of dopeness this should teach other members on how to do an album these days and that if you stay with RZA only good can come out of it
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

The Lyrical Anomaly Warrior Aggressive's Avatar

This out in stores now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlocka View Post
    This out in stores now.
    what store?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeru View Post
    Only thing I can't stand about the album is that Rza reused the beat from The Brutality beat again

That's classic breakbeat, mad people have used it, but yes it is corny that rza has used that on like 3 different tracks in the last 2 years,

Production wise this album is hot to me, the lyrics are rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by kempa View Post
    dude dat says it`s a soundtrack n it doesnt have to have a flow is right

i lUV all of the tracks even started to like the stone mecca tracks, the only track i cant stand is the track with maurice
    top tracks for me - fury in my eyes (extremely melodical, unique shit) and take sword part 2-60 seconds assassin is makin it sound really raw

but ther`s a song from the third episode thatz missing and dat shit really pisses me off cuz it sounded really dope
    it`s the song dat`s played during the fight in the air between the cyborg and afro
    it`s performed by black knights i think but i dont know the fuckin name so if anyone had heard it before.....LET ME KNOW IT
    Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. The BGM during the beginning of tonight's fight was tight too and its not on the soundtrack. If anything that's the disappoint of the soundtrack, he tried too hard to give it a hip hop influence and left off a bunch of the score.

As far as the criticisms of the album, people are sounding real stupid right now. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong for liking or not liking the album. But honestly people are coming in here saying all the rap songs are tight and everything else is stupid filler. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Its a soundtrack/score. How could you listen that type of album and then call the heart of a score filler? That's like me listening to a Marvin Gaye cd and saying I hate the soul songs. What were you expecting? This isn't a rap album. It is an album to showcase the music used in the anime. That means its going to be composed of the character and situation themes which are usually instrumentals. That stuff isn't filler, it IS the soundtrack.

Again if you don't like the album, that's cool, but saying it sucks because it contains instrumentals and slow songs is just dumb. It was never billed as a rap album, so stop coming on here judging it based on your own wrong expectations.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post

As far as the criticisms of the album, people are sounding real stupid right now. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong for liking or not liking the album. But honestly people are coming in here saying all the rap songs are tight and everything else is stupid filler. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Its a soundtrack/score. How could you listen that type of album and then call the heart of a score filler? That's like me listening to a Marvin Gaye cd and saying I hate the soul songs. What were you expecting? This isn't a rap album. It is an album to showcase the music used in the anime. That means its going to be composed of the character and situation themes which are usually instrumentals. That stuff isn't filler, it IS the soundtrack.

Again if you don't like the album, that's cool, but saying it sucks because it contains instrumentals and slow songs is just dumb. It was never billed as a rap album, so stop coming on here judging it based on your own wrong expectations.

good man

i was gonna do a review of this when i finally copped the album and listened to it and say something along these lines.

maybe he should've done what he did with ghostdog and had one CD which was hiphop and the other CD having the music from the movie.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

wuswordz95

i cant wait till tuesday, how do you people find copies

oh my god, the bobby digi songs are horrible!
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Soundtrack is really enjoyable. the r&b songs belong perfectly in here and they're pretty good, i don't see the point of all that whining... RZA should try and do more of these
    I also think it's better to have rap songs AND instrumentals on the same cd.
    Too bad the end of the cd (2-3 last songs) downgrades the project's global quality.
    RZA still has it, i had doubts so it's a pretty good surprise for me

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

15- this fucking shit sound like I'm listenting to R Kelly or D' Angelo what tha fuck is this don't belong like the other R&B tracks
    R. Kelly ok. Or someone like Usher, Mario Winans etc..... but D'Angelo... come on....
    A wise man knows his limitations.

泣きたくなるの