3 9.68%
  • Mediocore

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Afro Samurai Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
    he is saying the hip hop joints on afro will shatter ghostdog, but ghostdog as a soundtrack was better... thats what im gettin at at least

peace
    yes, thank you
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Wu Vatican

In that case, I disagree with you.

fair enough
    Christianity = White Supremacy

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

just got this in the mail...playin in the stereo as i type this..

definitely love the case...lotta dope pictures n shit..plenty of Wu signs

so far..

nice to hear 60 Second on a track again...hes not that good tho

True Master always came crazy on the mic but he was only aight..

Take Sword pt 1 is worth the price of this shit....song is amazing...

Insomnia is really fucked up...they shooda just put on the original version, they edited it way too much..

So Fly is kinda stupid but Rza shows that he cood still spit with a crazy ass flow...that was dope

Glorious Day is cool...little bit of a recycled verse (from Fam members only) but dope nonetheless...subtle messages in there
    Last edited by the silencer; 02-02-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Outro = dope

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by Erquel View Post
    Song with The Reverend William Burke is insane!!!

Co Sig!!!!!

L~>1<~NKS

The whole album sound is fuckin bananas! It's got some funky soul R/B from Stone Mecca, which to me is a very underated clique. I'm not feelin that "Baby" joint - it's CACA. Also, Every track that has a verse is crazy and Rev. William Burke def. needs to get out more.

I know Bobby Digital is RZA's alter ego and an ill one @ that, but those 4 bonus tracks from the forthcoming album are actually ight , the worst outta the whole Afro Samurai CD IMO. "We All We Got" is too short, that beats sick!

But yo, this is prime grade RZA shit. Near classic - if there's such a thing.

wuswordz95

i finally got tthe album today in the mail. the album is really good, i havent heard it fully but i think it may be better then fishscale,

Wu Vatican

I kinda got a headache right now so i'll just get to it...

Afro Theme- Just a theme

Afro Intro- Has a dark, gutter feel

Certified Samurai-5/5- Well it looks like RZA can produce better than everyone stilll. What a sick fucking beat good god. Best part is the "operator standing by" line with the phone line sound effect right after that's dope. GREAT track even though it's not lyrically special.

Just A Lil Dude-5/5- Another banger. This beat seems to build higher and higher as the song goes on. Beautiful. This time the MC'in is a little better because Q-Tip's on it. Another banger.

Afro's Father Fight- Cool instrumental

Oh-2/5- Well I don't much care for this track because.....well it ain't Wu Tang at all or RZA.

The Walk-2/5- This track is more listenable than "Oh" though both of these tracks sound similar.

Bazooka Fight- This is dope well done RZA.

Who Is The Man-5/5- Dope track I love the chorus and the beat once again is nice. Nice guitar loop.

Ninjaman- This is as well a dope instrumental.

Cameo Afro-5/5- Sick beat again. I mean, this beat is crazy. Let's not forget that their are legends on this track, and Kane and GZA don't disappoint.

Tears of a Samurai- This is musically superb well done RZA

Take Sword Pt. 1-5/5- Oh my god the beat is out of this world. Haven't heard too much stuff like this. This is so cinematic and grimy. Unbelieveable.

Empty 7 Theme- This is one of the instrumentals that I don't mind listening to at all. Probably the best one on the album.

Baby-2/5- This track that bad for what it is, R&B. I don't listen to R&B though so i'm not going to be listening to this.

Take Sword Pt.2-5/5- This beat is far more simplistic, but does have a good catchiness, which I think is because of the drum pattern. I think 60 Second Assassin improved the track with his ranting-yet-rapping style. True Master is a pretty dope MC, and I don't hear many hip hop verses that sound like his on this track.

Bazooka Fight 2-Pretty much same as the first

Fury In My Eyes-5/5- This is crazy. Beat is once again outstanding. But the best part is, RZA just goes fucking nuts with the piano in the last half of the song. Brilliant. I love RZA's MC'ing, this was his A rate effort.

Afro Samurai Theme- Ok

Afro Samurai Theme- Ok

Insomnia-4/5- Cool track. Very nice beat. Good verses from RZA. Not a skip track at all.

So Fly-5/5- It's not perfect because of Division and the hook but god damn the beat is gonna make you nod your head. RZA's flow is nuts here and it's that Bobby Digital wordplay that make this track a banger.

We All We Got-3/5- This is so-so. I don't like the beat.

Glorious Day-5/5- Ok, we all know the drums are recycled because we're all wu heads here, but this beat is still sick. This is hip hop at it's best right here. I have a feeling I'll be listening to this for a long time.

Point blank, if you cut this down to just Hip-Hop, it's classic material. The production is breath taking. I was amazed at RZA's work on this, it was nothing short of brilliant. This is some of his best work I have to say. I don't really know how to rate this album because it is a soundtrack and not a hip hop track. So i'll just say, sticking right with the hip hop tracks, it's probably a 9, 9.5/10. Excellent.

Veteran Member

for those that havnt got the album yet i thoguht id drop my own lil review. got it a couple of days ago frm my girl for valetines haha yes

the amount of tracks is decieving so ill break it down abit. 25 track album

actual songs (11 tracks)
    afro theme: put this as a song as rza does rap on it even though the song is 29 secs long. its the tv programs intro so makes sense to make it the albums intro

certified samurai: one of the best tracks on the album in my opinion. great beat and talib sounds great over it. free murda is alright too. and the hook by suga bang is good too. quality track

just a lil dude: q-tip comes off pretty good and free murder is also alright too. the hook is alright gives the song alot of feel but some may not like it. i thoguht it was alright not amazing jus alright. the beat is good too

oh: this is prob where my reviews gonna differ frm others. i loved this track som like late 60's R&B it sounds like. good shit

the walk: same as above except i prefer this track. seriously cant stop listering to it

who is tha man: i like the beat but the hook where he says who is the man is slightly anoying jus the way he says it. and he keeps repeating stuff he already said which is also abit anoying but still is an okay track

cameo afro: anouther great track.kane is as good as ever and GZAs the same. love the lil singing bit at the end too.

take sword part 1:RZA and B9 on some grimy ass beat. if you like your music grimy you will love this track

baby: was abit lost why this track wa son the album its som striaght up modern day R&B shit. i dont mind the old more sould kind of R&B but not this. i ahte it but if u like new r&b stuff then youll prob like this track. just why is it here?

take sword part 2: was excited to hear 60 second but nah he doesnt do that well at all. seems like he freestyling jus at a slow pace. and true master is alright but same kind of slow freestylign seems like. some may liek this track but i dont

fury in my eyes: great production but the woman is abit anoying. rza is dam good though

instrumentals (10 tracks)
    if you a fan of the tv programe then these will apeal to you alot mroe but if your not then you could see them abit pointless liek if you got it jus for actual songs)

afro intro:short intro

afros father fight: i love this beat!

bazooka fight: on some orchestra shit. its pretty good

ninja man: has tlaking frm the tv programe and fairly good beat

tears of a samurai: dont really liek it

the empty 7 theme: is okay but abit long. should be shorter for the album i reckon

bazooka fight 2: liek the first

afro theme first movement: abit boring would be better if shorter

afro theme second movement: same as above

series outro : the outro to the tv programe so makes sense to have it here is also a good beat

bobby bonus tracks (4 tracks)

insomnia: i love this track. but just wish he kept on about actual insomnia he tlaks about it first couple liens then goes off about guns and stuff. if he kept to the whole insomnia idea for the whole track would be such a great track

so fly: its alright up beat kinda track

we all we got: its alright but very short

glourious day: i really really hate the ebat on thsi track cant stand it!

overall

i think its a very strong soundtrack as come on most soundtracks to films are not worth buying. the major flaw though is i think there needed to be more songs and less instrumentals i know its a soundtrack so i understand they should be there its just we all would prefer more actual tracks. but i guess he realised this and gave us the 4 bobby tracks which was a great idea even if they arnt the strongest tracks ever. its strong soundtrack worthy of your money. and def sends a message to everyone who says rza cant produce any more
    Last edited by Ink Is My Drink; 02-16-2007 at 01:43 PM.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

If RZA would have made this a hip-hop album, it would be classic. Every hip-hop-track is crazy, and RZA proves he's still sharp on the tables
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Default afro samurai

was wondering if you guys can tell me what you think are hot tracks on this cd. i bought it , browse thru it and nothing has captured my attention yet. let me know

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

Pretty much every actual hip-hop-track. Since it's a soundtrack it's stuffed with instrumentals and some RnB tracks, but the real tracks are hot as hell, all of them.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796