Thread: Edgar Cayce.....20th Century prophet

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Default Edgar Cayce.....20th Century prophet

saw a show on the History channel yesterday all about this dude i thought it was pretty dope...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

he mostly gets alot of attention for supposedly having predicted World War 2....

what he would do is, he would lay down on his back like on a couch or whatever...and just fold his hands on his stomach and kinda relax and he would enter into a "hypnotic" state....

and while he would be in this state he would receive "readings" about stuff..after he woke up he would have forgotten the whole thing.....really weird.....it started out with him receiving medical things like his son burnt his face and he was blind in one of his eyes and the doctors said it would be like that for life but he did the little trance thing and came up with some herb or something that was able to heal the kid...

when it became known to ppl that Cayce could do this stuff, ppl started to flock to him to get answers about stuff....on the show they said sometimes ppl would take advantage of him and ask like who would win the horse race or some shit like that....

theres definitely dispute about his "readings" but its very interesting nonetheless...the guy had an 8th grade education..

i thought this was VERY cool:

The choice of which elements of the Cayce corpus to emphasize is fraught with hermeneutic hazards. The health readings are most numerous, and they involve many alternative health concepts and practices. Cayce described his work in terms of Christian service. Finally, people with esoteric interests have focused on a somewhat different set of topics.

Origin and destiny of humanity. "All souls were created in the beginning, and are finding their way back to whence they came." [Reading 3744-5] The Cayce readings suggest that human souls were created with a consciousness of their oneness with God. Some "fell" from this state; others —led by the Jesus soul— volunteered to save them. The earth, with all its limitations, was created as a suitable arena for spiritual growth.

Reincarnation. Cayce's work teaches the reality of reincarnation and karma, but as instruments of a loving God rather than blind natural laws. Its purpose is to teach us certain spiritual lessons. Animals have undifferentiated, "group" souls rather than individuality and consciousness. Humans have never been incarnated as animals. He describes a very complex design arranged between souls and God to "meet the needs of existing conditions", which was a reference to the souls who became entrapped in the Earth's physical materiality which was not intended for a habitat of the soul. Spirit "thought-forms" stayed near and guided the anthropoid ape which was chosen to be the most ideal vehicle for the human physical race to be created from, and psychically guided their separate evolution into a Homo sapiens species. Cayce's view arguably incorporates Theosophical teachings on spiritual evolution.
    Astrology. Cayce accepts astrology on the basis that our souls spend time on other planets (or perhaps their spiritual counterparts) in between incarnations. The position of the planets at our birth records these influences.

Universal laws. Souls incarnated on the earth are subject to certain spiritual laws such as, "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" (karma) or "As ye judge (others), so shall ye be judged." Properly regarded, such laws represent an aspect of God's mercy whereby no matter what our circumstances, He has promised to guide us in our spiritual path.

Jesus and Christ. Following New Thought precedent, Cayce distinguishes between Jesus and Christhood. Briefly, Jesus was a soul like us, who reincarnated through many lifetimes (and made many mistakes). "Christhood" is something which he achieved, and to which we also ought to aspire. Cayce accordingly calls Jesus our "elder brother."

Unknown Life of Jesus. Cayce presented narratives of Jesus' previous incarnations, including a mysterious Atlantean figure called "Amilius" as well as the more familiar biblical figures of Adam, Enoch, Melchizedek, Joshua, Asaph, and Jeshua. Cayce describes Jesus as an Essene who traveled to India in his youth in order to study Eastern religions.

Ideals. Cayce repeatedly stresses the choice of an ideal as the foundation of the spiritual path. "And O that all would realize... that what we are... is the result of what we have done about the ideals we have set" (1549-1). We may choose any ideal we feel drawn to. As we attempt to apply it in our lives, God will guide us further, perhaps inspiring us to revise our choice of ideal. The highest ideal, says Cayce, is Christ; however, the readings recognize "the Christ spirit" in some form as the basis for religions other than Christianity.

Body, Mind, Spirit. Cayce often invokes these three terms, or their equivalents, to describe the human condition. "Spirit is the life. Mind is the builder. Physical is the result." (conflation of various readings). The concept has application not only to holistic health but also to the spiritual life.

Meditation. While Cayce sometimes describes particular meditation techniques of sitting or chanting ("Arrr--eee-oommm" which is strikingly similar to popular Hindu mantra "Hari Om") the crucial element is that of opening up to divine influences. The Search For God books say that "Through prayer we speak to God. In meditation, God speaks to us." Cayce's concept of meditation has some aspects in common with Hinduism or Buddhism (the chakras, kundalini) but is most similar to Christian versions of New Thought. The symbolism of the Book of Revelation, he says, is based on meditative experiences.

ESP. Cayce accepted psychic experiences and ESP as a natural by-product of soul growth. God may speak to us through dreams (many readings consist of dream interpretation), or through intuitions similar to the pangs of conscience. However, Cayce does not endorse Spiritualism or mediumship on the grounds that entities thus contacted are not necessarily particularly lofty. Instead, he encourages seekers to focus on Christ.

Atlantis. The Cayce readings affirm the existence of Atlantis, a vast continent with an advanced technology whose refugees peopled ancient Egypt as well as pre-Columbian America. Cayce's description of Atlantis has much in common with that of Ignatius L. Donnelly. According to Cayce, Atlantean society was divided into two long-lived political factions--a "good" faction called the "Sons of the Law of One," and an "evil" faction called the "Sons of Belial." Many people alive today are the reincarnations of Atlantean souls, who must now face similar temptations as before. In this regard Cayce also predicted the coming of a certain 'blue stone' of Atlantean origin, that was to be found on "an island in the Caribbean" and was to have the power to heal. In 1974 a Volcanic blue pectolite now known as the Larimar was found in the Dominican Republic. In occult circles this colored gemstone is said to have healing powers; as with most crystals and gemstones, there is no scientific evidence that it has any special properties. Atlantis suffered 3 major destructions one of which was the deluge. According to the readings, a major source of turmoil was the Sons of Belial's desire to exploit the Things, sub-humans with animal appendages and low intelligence, and the movements to protect and evolve them by the Sons of the Law of One. The final destruction was the overcharging of the Crystal which caused a massive explosion.

Egypt. Next to biblical times, the most significant era for the "life readings" was a pre-dynastic Egyptian civilization consisting of Atlantean refugees. Cayce purported to have been an Egyptian priest named "Ra Ta" who built a spiritually-based healing center (the "Temple of Sacrifice") and educational institution (the "Temple Beautiful"). His diagnostic readings and narratives about the past and future were supposed to be a continuation of his ancient work. This civilization also built monuments on the Giza plateau, including the Great Pyramid, and left records of Atlantis in a "hall of records" located somewhere beneath the Sphinx. These readings bear a close resemblance to books by AMORC founder H. Spencer Lewis.

Earth changes. Some Cayce readings allude to massive earth changes—perhaps in conjunction with a pole shift—in the 1930s, 1960s, or 1990s. Cayce people have developed several creative ways of interpreting such passages, although some were disappointed with the failure of 1998 to bring either the rising of Atlantis, the sinking of California, or the Second Coming of Christ. Although he didn't actually state these would happen at this specific time, the period was referred to as a pivotal point that could see the beginning of many of these prophecies. Cayce however, stressed repeatedly that free will influenced all facets of what will become reality and even something predestined to happen can be postponed or altered.

"Cayce cures." Cayce's medical readings typically prescribe poultices (often of castor oil), osteopathic adjustments, colonic irrigation, massage (often with peanut oil), prayer, folk remedies (e.g. charcoal tablets), various forms of electric medicine and patent medicines (such as Atomidine), and specific recommendations concerning diet and exercise. Cayce is often seen as a practitioner of holistic medicine, and has particularly strong philosophical ties with naturopathy.

The "Cayce diet". Major dietary recommendations include the avoidance of red meat (esp. pork), alcohol (except red wine), white bread, and fried foods; a preference for fruits and (above-ground, leafy) vegetables over starches; and a high ratio (80:20%)of alkaline foods over acidic. One meal per day should consist entirely of raw vegetables. Under strict circumstances, Cayce advocated both coffee and pure tobacco cigarettes to be non-harmful to health. “Food Combining” was also a central idea in the Cayce diet. Several food combinations that are contraindicated are coffee with milk or sugar, citrus fruit with starchy foods and high protein foods with starches. Cayce followed very few of the dietary recommendations that were suggested by the readings.

some pretty deep shit in there..

interesting,but i fail to see which great things he did.

yeah ive done the one on him

I knew about dude way back in 99. Somebody hooked me up with text after I had some convo with them on life. they said that I should take a look at his works. I was glad I did.

i dono i just thought it was pretty sick..

once u accept the fact that it wasnt a hoax, its like...wow, maybe he was coming into contact with other deeper realms of consciousness...

and the fact that he came out of these "trips" to other realms saying stuff like what i posted up there (esp the stuff about Jesus and that ppl should try to be "Christs" themselves) is crazy because i've seen those kinda things mentioned in other places...

and other thing...it kinda makes me think back to (no dissrespect) the revelations that the Prophet Muhammad would have...according to what i've read he would go into a deep state and then recite stuff...maybe it was some shit like this...

the point to the story of christ is that we should all be like christ. We would live alot better as a whole.

ive always been suspicious of things written about cayce

personally i always found crowley to be more interesting and on point - tho i admit i havent taken the time to read up on cayce
    all the points have been made

Read up on him. Crowley was a mastermind but peep what Cayce was doin. Its all about mind control.

Cayce stated from one of his readings that the Christ soul was also Jacob/Mechizedek, which is another search.
    All souls that exist were created by God in the very beginning. None has been made since. This means all souls on this planet, pre-existed before birth. Of the souls which God created, only a comparative few have entered into the experience of our solar system. Many other souls have gone through or are going through a similar entanglement in other solar systems in the universe.\par
    \par
    A way to liberate the souls that were entangled in matter was created. A physical form became available as a vehicle for the soul on earth. A way became available for souls to enter the earth and experience it as part of their evolutionary/reincarnation cycle. Of the physical forms already existing on earth, a species of anthropoid ape most nearly approached the necessary pattern. Souls descended on these apes - hovering above and about them rather than inhabiting them - and influenced them to move toward a different goal from the simple one they had been pursuing. They came down out of the trees, built fires, made tools, lived in communities, and began to communicate with each other. Eventually they lost their animal look, shed bodily hair, and took on refinements of manner and habit.\par
    \par
    The evolution of the human body occurred partly through the soul's influence on the endocrine glands until the ape-man was a three-dimensional objectification of the soul that hovered above it. Then the soul fully descended into the body and earth had a new inhabitant: the homo sapien.\par
    \par
    Homo sapiens appeared in five different places on earth at the same time, as the five races. This evolved human is what the Bible refers to as "Adam". When souls incarnated into physical form, it would bring the divine consciousness (i.e., the spirit) in with it. Cayce referred to this divine consciousness as the "Christ Consciousness" or "Buddhahood" or the "superconsciousness". Christ consciousness has little to do with the personality known as Jesus. It means that a person has attained a complete human-divine unity. This human-divine unity has been attained by many people thus far - one such person was Jesus

At first, these souls just slightly inhabited the bodies of ape-men while remembering their true identities as spirit beings. But gradually, after many incarnations, these souls descended even further into physical consciousness and the result was a decrease in their spiritual mentality. They remembered their true selves only in dreams and in fables that were handed down from one generation to another. Religion came into being as a ritual of longing for lost spirit memories. The arts were born which included music and geometry. This knowledge was brought into the world from incoming souls who gradually forgot their heavenly source. This knowledge had to be written down, learned, and taught to each new generation.\par
    \par
    Finally, humans were left with a conscious mind that was separated from their own individuality as souls. This individual identity as a soul became the subconscious mind. The individual identity or awareness of the physical world became the conscious mind. The subconscious mind (i.e., the soul) influenced the conscious mind and gave it its stature and quality. The subconscious mind dwelt in the "suit of clothes" that is the physical body and only in sleep is it disrobed.\par
    \par
    Conscious minds, left to its own influence, will work out the plans and desires of God. Humans eventually developed theories for what they felt was true, but no longer knew to be true. The result was the creation of philosophy and theology. Humans searched and discovered higher knowledge which they carried within themselves but could no longer reach with the conscious mind. This resulted in the creation of science.\par
    \par
    Humans evolved from having an awareness of higher spirit knowledge to having only mystical dreams, revealed religions, philosophy and theology. This evolution of consciousness ultimately reached a plateau and humans generally only believed what they could see and feel and prove in terms of their conscious minds. Then humanity began the struggle of regaining this higher knowledge.\par
    \par
    Meanwhile, the Christ soul continued to teach and lead humanity by incarnating as the Biblical characters named Adam, Enoch, and Melchizedek. Enoch and Melchizedek experienced neither birth nor death. Then Christ soul realized after these incarnations that it was necessary to give humanity a pattern by which they could follow in order to return to God. The Christ soul achieved this goal by incarnating as the personality known as Jesus, who became victorious over the death of the physical body by laying aside the ego, accepting the crucifixion of the body in order to return to God. Jesus created a pattern for humans to follow. Through the acts of leading a perfect life and becoming unjustly killed, this reversed the negative karma (i.e., the law of God, an eye for an eye) which came from Jesus' first incarnation as Adam

Break fast is served

^^^that shit is DEEP

its not so crazy; elements of everything said are found taught all over the world, for 1000s of years

sometimes i forget myself

if you guys want to start looking at things correctly extremely quickly you absolutely need to read 'the power of myth' which is a transcription of an interview with a genius named joseph cambell. he goes into extroardinary detail about similarities in human religion. to the point where he talks about like 4 serpent stories at once. breaking down the origins of christian symbolism.

everything you would want basically. its fucking unbelievable and beautiful when you learn of different ways people have interacted with life as well. theres a great spot on the way some indigenous american people did ceremonies before meals, out of respect and awe, and you know, say what you want about christianity, jesus always said pure prayers

anyway, a lot of these ideas are what i would EXPECT cayce to have if he wasnt a fraud

i couldnt find the whole interview online but heres a taste. the guy really believed in being able to affect your environment and yall shoud run to the liabrary and check out the book

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156-zZH3QS8

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Yea Cayce Defnitly Had His 3rd Eye Open, I Build With Him From Time To Time In Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by froth View Post
    if you guys want to start looking at things correctly extremely quickly you absolutely need to read 'the power of myth' which is a transcription of an interview with a genius named joseph cambell. he goes into extroardinary detail about similarities in human religion. to the point where he talks about like 4 serpent stories at once. breaking down the origins of christian symbolism.

everything you would want basically. its fucking unbelievable and beautiful when you learn of different ways people have interacted with life as well. theres a great spot on the way some indigenous american people did ceremonies before meals, out of respect and awe, and you know, say what you want about christianity, jesus always said pure prayers

anyway, a lot of these ideas are what i would EXPECT cayce to have if he wasnt a fraud

i couldnt find the whole interview online but heres a taste. the guy really believed in being able to affect your environment and yall shoud run to the liabrary and check out the book

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156-zZH3QS8

yo froth, i must say thanks dog..

i had never heard of this dude Campbell before this post and i watched that vid and the other short vid of him on YouTube and i was blown away...i watched a 1 hour movie about him on googlevid and now im definitely buyin this dudes books as soon as i finish what im readin now......but this guy is awesome...thanks for bringin it up