Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mind of Mencia

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Default Re: Mind of Mencia

Dude is funny...I laughed a lot at his shit..."Hate crimes against Hindus have gone up 200% since 9/11...for you idiots, that's five times, okay?" That ghost of Johnnie Cochrane was funny as fuck: "If a chick breaks ya dick, it just ain't that thick"...had me rollin'!

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

the show bored me...The Daily Show is even more interesting (I die laughing watching that shit.......)

I WANNA FUCKIN SEE THAT ARIES SPEARS STAND UP AGAIN, THAT SHIT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Last night's (Wednesday, for every1 in other countries) was the funniest yet...I still can't get over the Johnnie Cochrane shit..."If you swim with the fish, you one dead bitch!"

=Akrobatik

Quote Originally Posted by TheMASSIVE

That's because what he's doing is great... I'm sensing a little jealously here. Are you upset that he's been one of the most popular touring comedians in the country for years now with a huge, dedicated following?

Why would I be jealous of a comedian? It's not like I'm a comedian competing against him.

I'm not saying you don't understand anything... I'm just saying maybe the reason you think he's a lame gimmick is because you’re not mature enough to see past comedy to decipher the jewel inside... But maturity is only part age, the rest is mental, and I'll agree that there are allot of older people than you here that are immature, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them retarded...
    That's just further showing and proving your immaturity.
    MASSIVE, re-read my statement closely, i didn't call anyone retarded, I was saying that alot of the older people THINK that 16 yearolds are retarded.

I dont see why do you have to insult everyone who doesnt agree with your views on Mencia. No one has insulted you yet, but you feel the need to call us narrow minded dogmatic creatures? Chill out man, we're all Wu fam, no need to insult everyone.

Peace TheMASSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69
    So, I'm narrow-minded because I don't agree that a second rate comedian is talented? So, if I reject a free-thinking philosophy, why do I have the ability to disargee with your opinion? If I agreed with you just because you tried to convince me, then I would truly reject free thought. You're not enlightened because you watch a show on Comedy Central. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69

Also, you realize he only has a show because Dave Chappelle doesn't want to do a third season.

Here is what I said regarding that statement...
    I think many will fail to see the genius of it all because they are narrow minded dogmatic creatures who will fear and reject contemplation of a free-thinking philosophy because they are idealistic fundamentalists.

I didn't say you were narrow-minded... I said you wouldn't be alone in failing to see the level of intellectualism because there are many people who are dogmatic, they are comfortable with keeping their beliefs regardless if they are right or wrong because they are most likely lazy and don't like to think and they are filled with fear of damnation for questioning what is most likely an inherited belief system. By the way I never claimed to be enlightened because I watch comedy central. Also, I been watching him do stand up for a while now and at his shows for about two years now he’s been talking about developing this show with comedy central. Wayyy before Dave Chappelle decided to disappear right before filming his third season and went on his "spiritual retreat" in South Africa!

dave chapelle better then all the rest? si?

Quote Originally Posted by rzarectah_93-??
    im a proud latino and LOVE latino humour, no doubt....but Mencia just aint that funny...plain an simple yo.....i seen him on stand up and its just kinda boring....same shit....seems like all modern day comedians just HAVE to be against EVRYTHING.....what happened to crackin jokes bout music or they families or just watever u know.....i'd rather watch some George Lopez or Paul Rodriguez anyday....aint dissin ya opinion Massive...jus stating mine

peace
    P.E.A.C.E...... I respect that. One's man's treasure may be another man's trash. I'm just happy we have the freedom to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by INSpectah~Deck
    Why would I be jealous of a comedian? It's not like I'm a comedian competing against him.

MASSIVE, re-read my statement closely, i didn't call anyone retarded, I was saying that alot of the older people THINK that 16 yearolds are retarded.

I dont see why do you have to insult everyone who doesnt agree with your views on Mencia. No one has insulted you yet, but you feel the need to call us narrow minded dogmatic creatures? Chill out man, we're all Wu fam, no need to insult everyone.

Peace TheMASSIVE

Okay, I re-read your statement closely… I misunderstood what you were saying. I’m not trying to insult anyone… I’m just stating my thoughts, if that offends somebody to the point where they feel they have to retaliate in defense it’s not my fault they are overly-defensive to the point where they feel they’re under a verbal attack. Also, I wasn’t calling you narrow-minded dogmatic creatures, read my last couple of posts… P.E.A.C.E.

This show has gotten better week by week...

=Akrobatik

i dont wanna say that massive is dickridin or watever but u really ridin this guys dick, sayin u been followin him for 10 yrs,cmon man hes just some fuckin comic that thinks hes revolutionizing the whole standup shit by tellin people to speak there mind, yea hes got some funny jokes but u need to chill wit that
    "i got drug spots from NY to Canada/
    cuz Big L b fuckin wit more keys then a janita/"
    Follow me @SkiLLs456

Lyrical Collective

I don't find him that funny...i saw his comedy central stand up special and thought it was pretty good, but I just flat out didnt laugh at his show at all. the one thing he does that pisses me off is:

Mencia tells a joke about someone doing something stupid...like I remember "I saw a sign on a local store that said 'Open 7 days a week....Even Sundays'"

*audience laughs*

Mencia: Now some of you arent laughing...and that concerns me.

*Mencia breaks out into retarded impression mocking someone who would think there are more than 7 days in a week.*

Now this might be funny every once and a while, but it seems like he does it for every joke. Also....Its cool hes not worried about being politically correct all the time, but he touches on the most cliche stereotypes of each type of person he talks about. hes better than everyone on Comicview (which isnt saying much) but I would not put him up there with legends like Leguizamo, Rock, Murphy, Pryor and Cosby or even with future legends like Jon Stewart and Chapelle.

Now, 80's Eddie Murphy is the master of not being politically correct to me.

But everyone has their opinions on whats funny, so I'm not hating on that, just my opinion.

peace

Big Risk 1 of the Realest Big Risk's Avatar

I think hes soooo fuckin funny. Hes like one joke away from being the mexican Dave Chappelle.

Quote Originally Posted by adedwutang
    i dont wanna say that massive is dickridin or watever but u really ridin this guys dick, sayin u been followin him for 10 yrs,cmon man hes just some fuckin comic that thinks hes revolutionizing the whole standup shit by tellin people to speak there mind, yea hes got some funny jokes but u need to chill wit that

I don't wanna say that adedwutang is bein a cockgobbler or whateva... Oh wait, yeah I do. Chu talkin bout I gotta chill wit that? Watching his show? Seeing him live? Biggin him up online? U crazy mayn... I'll do how I do when I do what I do, nah mean?!?