Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz appreciation thread

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fist View Post
    That's good. Two figures with that much impact should respect each other.
    men of knowledge are men of respect.

it's funny because i'm sure that if you matched up various people from this site and they talked face to face, alot of the confusion or misunderstanding and disagreements wouldn't take place. the internet is not the best vehicle to express different things.

another thing that would be cut out is the slick talk. nobody can be held accountable for what they say here. all the nigga talk wouldn't go down. all the blatent disrespect and name calling wouldn't go down. here, you can say what you want and get away with it.

Veteran Member

Word. The internet is a place where people feel like they can do anything.

Veteran Member

Word. The internet is a place where people feel like they can do anything.
    agreed. in real life, alot of these people would get knocked the kcuf out!

Veteran Member

this is what i'm going to do for you ultimate fist. i extend my hand out to you in peace. i already know we're not going to agree on everything, however, we can have dialogue to better understand one another and learn from each other. i'll give you my word, it will not be my intent to disrespect you in anyway when we do speak whether we agree or disagree about a subject. something righteous will come about.

Veteran Member

Peace. And know if I ever bad mouth you again, that's just because I've got a temper and it's nothing personal. I'll try not to though. We're just passionate people who want to change the world. It's normal for us to clash heads.
    Last edited by Ultimate Fist; 02-07-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Veteran Member

Peace. And know if I ever bad mouth you again, that's just because I've got a temper and it's nothing personal. I'll try not to though. We're just passionate people who want to change the world. It's normal for us to clash heads.
    true indeed. that passion is a good thing. it shows you have an understanding of the times that are at hand. and i won't take it personal nor have i ever. i just think it causes confusion and a breakdown is real dialogue. it's hard to take a person serious when that happens. peace.

Veteran Member

peace

[QUOTE=Slim Tee;731733]

I never understood why the hell was he shot?

QUOTE]

he found out elijah muhammad was having affairs and fathering other children. he learned about the currupt leadership of the nation of islam and so he went public about it. he left the nation to start his own organization. the nation of islam firebombed his home, eventually they shot and killed him.

here is a video of malcolm explainin the situation, trust me there is sound you just need to wait for him to start speaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPpPNDxun0

here's a good video of him,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf70jS98AUc

what made malcolm so different was his complete honesty, both about the society and himself (read his autobiography).

he expressed exactly what he analyzed without tiptoeing around his words. his victory was in having black people take an honest and brutal look at their situation. he changed the mindset.

READ THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X BUT BEFORE YOU READ THIS YOU NEED TO READ THE SOULS OF BLACK FOLK BY W.E.B. DUBOIS!!!!

its not only african-american study. it's oppressor-oppressed study, the lessons in these books can be applied to anyone of any race, color, creed, and the lessons in these books should be learned by both the oppressed and the oppressor.

p.s. i tried embedding the videos but it wouldnt, so check the links
    Last edited by theafghan; 02-07-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    Bless brother Malcolm, he was one of the most incredible people to walk this planet. Asalaam Alaikum, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz.
    Ameen.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Much respect to "Black Man" and "Ultimate Fist" for the example y'all set for people with good sense. And for givin' me another positive example to follow.

Peace
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Veteran Member

[quote=theafghan;732331]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tee View Post

I never understood why the hell was he shot?

QUOTE]

he found out elijah muhammad was having affairs and fathering other children. he learned about the currupt leadership of the nation of islam and so he went public about it. he left the nation to start his own organization. the nation of islam firebombed his home, eventually they shot and killed him.

here is a video of malcolm explainin the situation, trust me there is sound you just need to wait for him to start speaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPpPNDxun0

here's a good video of him,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf70jS98AUc

what made malcolm so different was his complete honesty, both about the society and himself (read his autobiography).

he expressed exactly what he analyzed without tiptoeing around his words. his victory was in having black people take an honest and brutal look at their situation. he changed the mindset.

READ THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X BUT BEFORE YOU READ THIS YOU NEED TO READ THE SOULS OF BLACK FOLK BY W.E.B. DUBOIS!!!!

its not only african-american study. it's oppressor-oppressed study, the lessons in these books can be applied to anyone of any race, color, creed, and the lessons in these books should be learned by both the oppressed and the oppressor.

p.s. i tried embedding the videos but it wouldnt, so check the links
    Malcom took back his accusations about elijah muhammad being the cause of his house being bombed and him fathering children outside of his marriage. It's documented but not in his autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    Malcom took back his accusations about elijah muhammad being the cause of his house being bombed and him fathering children outside of his marriage. It's documented but not in his autobiography.
    I don't know too much about this. Did Malcolm still blame NOI members for the bombing but exonerate Elijah Muhammed? Were the threatening mentions in NOI literature the result of a split in the Nation over Malcolm?

"Black Man," you just said you don't call him Malcolm, and now you are referring to him as such...I don't mind calling him that but it's funny that you called me out and are now doing the same.

The question is - when, ever, did Malcolm retract his statements about Elijah Muhammad and the 5% Nation?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    "Black Man," you just said you don't call him Malcolm, and now you are referring to him as such...I don't mind calling him that but it's funny that you called me out and are now doing the same.

The question is - when, ever, did Malcolm retract his statements about Elijah Muhammad and the 5% Nation?
    everybody here don't know him by malik shabazz. i don't get on nobody about calling him malcolm, i tell them what his name is. if you take offense to it then so be it. usually, when i've spoken about his name in the past its also in reference to respect, and other people are also part of that particular discussion.

exact date when he retracted his statement about elijah muhammad, don't know the exact date. as far as the 5% nation, when did he ever say anything about them in public? he and allah were close friends.

malcolm x was a racist
    this is how foolish you are. i don't call him 'malcolm x' because thats not his name. his name is el hajj malik el shabazz or malik shabazz.

and he didn't discredit the nge(get your facts straight), he spoke on the nation of islam which he was a part of. malik shabazz and allah were very good friends and i know you can't find anything written or said by that man to discredit the nge.
    pretty slick for someone with a disdain for "slick talk"

everybody here don't know him by malik shabazz. i don't get on nobody about calling him malcolm, i tell them what his name is. if you take offense to it then so be it. usually, when i've spoken about his name in the past its also in reference to respect, and other people are also part of that particular discussion.

exact date when he retracted his statement about elijah muhammad, don't know the exact date. as far as the 5% nation, when did he ever say anything about them in public? he and allah were close friends.
    As may be the case, Shabazz still believed in the Holy Quran and the One Creator, a prime example that there can be respect without agreement on certain issues.

Support the Real. Click HERE