Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hip Hop And “Knowledge”

Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    im pinning this up so noel can have his moment of glory

(dont worry - he paid me)
    Haha, thanks G. I feel honoured.

Can I be a mod too?
    i think noel is saying that any information we have is knowledge but that there are different kinds of it
    That is part of what I am saying.

i don't know noel, that's kind of why i like hip hop. I think the term knowledge can often be misused, and everyone thinks they got it. I don't find the same emphasis on social equality, awareness, and "knowledge" in other musical forms. It seems to be a little more rare, but i'm not saying nonexistent. The nature of rap also allows for the lyrcist to make their point better. The concept of knowledge is definetley overused and misused, but there is nothing wrong with the concept of it and it's a strong element of hip hop.

Some of the pro-blackness is absurd and stupid, but hearing what they have to say doesn't make you stupid. The black/white issue is still a huge problem in the US and while it's not as bad as they make it seem, it's not perfect.

I think you misunderstood my post, homie. I wasn't saying I don't like, or disapprove of, rappers "dropping knowledge" in their music. I generally really enjoy this too, as long as it seems to be true to them, and not just an attempt at sounding smart.

yeah i read it right i just responded wrong. They should have had a track on wu forever explaining that just because you listen to wu tang you aren't smarter then everyone else.

i think i'm high

Consider this. What does “dropping knowledge” mean? It means nothing. Knowledge of what? If I tell you that I like to finger my arsehole, my parting with this information could be termed “dropping knowledge” just as soon as if I were to share the complete history of Egyptian culture with you.

What does it mean to “have knowledge”? It means nothing. Knowledge of what? If I know who Britney Spears lost her virginity to then you could say I “have knowledge” just as likely as if I had information that could prove the existence of extra terrestrials.

this has to be the least street poster on this entire fourm. son is stupid as hell. you don't understand thats all it comes down to. you smarter then ghost? how big is your bank account? how much respect you have in the streets? where are you plaques? stop hating nerdy ass motherfucker. i did not connect any theme to what youre saying, what do you wanna ban the word "knowledge" sounds like you just bitching to me, go pick up a hobby

Realness

Snapple, thanks for contributing this tremendously relevant and thoughtful post to my thread.

I do not try to be, want to be, or claim to be "street" in any form or fashion.

I have nothing else I wish to say in response to your hissy fit.

the true meaning of words always gets lost when enough people say them out of context.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

This thread was a good read. And the shades of knowledge is a great point, as just yesterday I shouted out that the navigation system was spitting knowledge.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

What does it mean to “have knowledge”? It means nothing. Knowledge of what?
    Self

sorry noel but hu r u to tell us what is and what isn't knowledge, when nobody truly knows what it is- knowledge is unique to the individual, everyone has their own ideas about knowledge- rascist people think they have knowledge about how races in the world should be viewed, politicians, muscians, actors etc all have their own ideals about 'knowledge'. you cant sum up the universe m8.

ChatNoir.