Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it too early to pick a final 4?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    What happened to UConn this year? They hardly played any of their games on ESPN and other channels, and I hardly heard anything about them. I guess they sucked this year? Did they make the NIT?
    started 4 freshman started 10-0 finished badly, and yes they will make the nit

I know I've been trashing Duke some, but I think they deserve it. Do you think they deserve to even have a 6 seed?

I don't see Texas getting to the final four, I think people are overrating them. Another team from Texas, Texas A&M, is better.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I know I've been trashing Duke some, but I think they deserve it. Do you think they deserve to even have a 6 seed?

I don't see Texas getting to the final four, I think people are overrating them. Another team from Texas, Texas A&M, is better.
    if u believe in the legend of danny manning durant will take texas far

duke deserved an 8 or 9 comparable to arizona
    but they get a 1 every year so 6 is fine with me

nobody on espn has balls. who did dick pick? retarded no seeds lower than 3 in the elite 8?no seed lower than a 2 getting to the final? pussies....

After the show I actually filled in my brackets and my Final Four.. was actually kinda commercial:

Kansas
    Ohio St.
    Florida
    Georgetown.

I really think shit will stick to the script this year, no Final Fours for any scrub teams. I have Florida beating Georgetown.. wow what a game that would be.

I do have a major upset in the First Round. My boys from Virginia, VCU beating Duke.

---- Now

Big ups to FSU, Al Thornton, and especially the U of Miami. If anyone watched the ACC tourny, you'll know what I mean. These guys played their hearts out!! I am not outraged FSU ain't make it, but fuck, they deserved it another year in a row and were screwed. Miami didn't have their starting point guard (Clemente to suspension) and they still showed up big time and Jack McClinton deserves some rec. Also Jimmy fucking Grahmm! When he fouled out BC was lucky and I knew they'd win it. Also, my boys from Syracuse were screwed. I felt they could'a at least played G'Town in the Finals but for them to not get in is another dissapointment. My boys Devendorf and Thornton going pro though!

DK's Sickest Tourny Games for '07:

Central Conneticuit beats Sacred Heart and Mojica goes nuts. I never seen an arena (for their size capacity) going as nuts as when this Mojica dude was burying three's from Antoine Walker range. Central Conneticuit was BAAAALLLLLINNN to earn their right to dance!

UM defeats Maryland in a game no one thought Miami could win. We were getting like 15 points. Maryland overlooked the U and for one round, Miami thought they had some magic going.

FSU defeats Clemson in the most back-and-forthest games I have seen all year. 30 lead changes. Thornton handling the ball on the permiter and taking over showing just how good he is to the NBA for next year. Hit the game winning free throw.

Weber State goes back to the dance for the 1st time since '03 by defeating Northern Arizona in a closer game then what the 88-80 score projects.

Oral Roberts defeating Oakland was a very exciting game, I thought Oakland would pull it out but Oral Roberts WOULD NOT be denied!! I dunno if they were at home, but they had the crowd that's fasho. The announcer's made it seem like Oral sucked and when they started coming back I heard a dude go "Oral may lose this game.. but they ain't going down without a fight!" and even before he said that, I had a feeling Oral was running Oakland out the gym. I wanted Oak to hold on, but Oral was dunking here, dunking there.. and now they dancing!

Let the games begin.

I think VCU may beat Duke also, but I wouldn't call that a major upset this season, maybe not even an upset.

I don't think Florida is going to win the championship. That Noah guy is annoying.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

VCU over duke is a no-brainer. my final four is georgetown, kansas, texas a&m, and florida. i have some upsets here and there, but who knows. i can never guess the right ones.
    Last edited by ballistic; 03-13-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

I see VCU picked up that national spotlight it seems.. they been my boys since last year though ya'll just a year behind. But yo, watch out for Bobby Knight's Texas Tech crew.. let's see if the greatest coach can get his boys up for this year's tourney.

I may be taking Kansas out my Final 4, they suspect. Mad suspect. But Florida/Ohio St./G'Town have the big men to straight up dominate their regions and get there.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

i have wright state over pitt and odu over butler...and some other upsets here and there but i forget...
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

big up to my alma mater central ct st just for getting in....

i see OSU goin down in flames early, i dont kno why.

Florida will get there, and i'm picking georgetown. the others are toss ups

im picking "Marquette" as the team to look out for

as far as final two

either

Wisconsin Vs Florida

Or Ohio Vs Florida

Wit Florida Losing Both Scenerios

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post

as far as final two

either

Wisconsin Vs Florida

Or Ohio Vs Florida

YOU DO REALIZE THAT MARQUETTE LOST THEIR LEADING SCORER?

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post

as far as final two

either

Wisconsin Vs Florida

Or Ohio Vs Florida

wisconsin is in the same region as florida. And they lost their center. Florida>

My Final Four

Wisconsin

Memphis

Kansas

North Carolina

.... With UNC winning it all
    ~ Stoned Is The Way Of The Walk ~