Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect The Architects

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

You can't hate people for having different taste to you though. You don't wanna end up sounding like an granny saying why do you listen to all this hip-hop noise, you should be listening to mozart instead.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

THA REAL O.G.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I don't. I respect others' tastes in music and the music being made. I mean, come on now, I also like Parliament, Funkadelic and Zapp. Now what does that say for things?
    Since I am no longer active here I suggest you visit my blog by clicking here. You can further contact me if you feel you need to by going to the rellevent page. Thanks.

Shit man, I was listening to a rock n roll collection on my way to work, with Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Fats domino and Eddie Cochrane! I love all sorts of music from all ages too.

The best you can do is offer this info out there for people and leave it up to them if they wanna learn or not.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

THA REAL O.G.

Couldn't have put it much better myself. Hopefully some knowledgeable people such as ourselves will join and contribute. At least we're keeping the era alive.

I have three more Roger Troutman albums to GoldWave then I will put a whole Funk package up. I know nobody probably will download it, but I put it up for the hell of it.
    Since I am no longer active here I suggest you visit my blog by clicking here. You can further contact me if you feel you need to by going to the rellevent page. Thanks.

If one person learns something and appreciates it, then it was worthwhile.

THA REAL O.G.

I will admit, I don't know much about when you were talking to Sunny about mixin' vinyls an whatever on the same decks and all. I don't have any of that, so I rely on brothas like y'all to bring some fresh vinyl that is hard to find.

Speaking of Funk, I just found three Parliament LPs.

I'm shit at mixing, but there's nothing like the sound of good vinyl.

THA REAL O.G.

Does all vinyl crackle a lot? I read that when Roger Troutman opened Troutman Sound Labs in '85 I think, when he turned out the Shirley Murdock LP, it sounded damn near CD quality and it was vinyl.

Nah, brand new clean vinyl doesn't really crackle. It's the old dusty slightly pot-holed stuff that does. I fuckin love it. Nothing like that warm crackling fire type effect.

THA REAL O.G.

Whenever you have time, can you copy some records to MP3 for me? I only have limited 12" I found on MP3's and I sometimes can't find the entire record.

Anything in particular (although it'll never sound the same once ripped to mp3)?

I can't do too much though, cos it takes a long time - gotta record it in at real speed, crop the tracks, then bounce each track down to an mp3 file.

I can do a few randoms if you want. Gimme a week or so.

THA REAL O.G.

I would really like Funk You Up by The Sequence, any Grandmaster Flash record (preferably the oldest ones you have), anything from The Sugarhilll Gang, any or any Whodini. That's as good as I can come up with from the top of my head.

I'll see what I can dig out. Got an original dusty old copy of Rap Machine by Whodini! Got an original copy of The Show/La Di Da Di by Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew as well. Got a nice old Funkadelic 'One Nation Under A Groove' vinyl as well if you want.

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-23-2008 at 05:39 PM.

THA REAL O.G.

Fuck yea that Funkadelic shit sound dope and I haven't even heard it yet! Those othrs so-nd real good too. See what you can dig out and you already got your props.

Damn, if you aint heard One Nation Under A Groove then you're in for a treat! One of the best albums ever made. RZA would agree...

"Tell you the truth it's just one nation under...a groove
    Gettin down for the funk of it"