Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Respect The Architects

THA REAL O.G.

Quote Originally Posted by dinfinite1 View Post
    What!! Yall aint got no words huh!!!It's all good!!!!!I just took me links off it's obvious you cats aint feelin a brother up in here!!!It's all good!!!
    Oh no G. I do give you your props. Don't think I didn't see it. Good work, it's a nice collection.
    Since I am no longer active here I suggest you visit my blog by clicking here. You can further contact me if you feel you need to by going to the rellevent page. Thanks.

Jsta thanks I need to say that I post stuff to get a conversation not to help add on to collections!! I have collected old school hip hop for many years tracing the tracks of my tears!!!I don't have a problem if it's shared or paying for it but Most of mines is paid for because I know it's true value!!!You know anything from rare R&B Soul, Rock n Roll etc. cost you a good penny!!The value of these shows is priceless, you have no idea how long many of us searched for this stuff, I've been down since 79, blew up mics, ripped the tables,and B-boyed from 80 to 98 and still got love for hip hop but mainly the old school stuff!! I don't mind sharing but I always hate when people don't comment if makes a persons work go in vein!!! That is probably why I don't post that much!! I gather this site is full of younger participants some could care less about the old school and that is all good but man it's heart breaking when folks don't talk about itbut download like a mother!!! That may be my first and last as far as concerts are concerned!!!!I aint here to rock no boats, I like this site a and this thread attracted me with it's title Respect the architect!!!!
    Last edited by dinfinite1; 03-29-2008 at 08:10 AM.

THA REAL O.G.

I feel you G. I really wish I had some turntables and all the classic vinyl but all's I can do is rely on brothas like you to copy their vinyl and post it somewhere. Whatever you happen to post, you already got your props from me even if I don't say it right then and there.
    Since I am no longer active here I suggest you visit my blog by clicking here. You can further contact me if you feel you need to by going to the rellevent page. Thanks.

thanks for the show, dinfinite1, i don't have that dvd so it's much appreciated.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dinfinite1 View Post
    Jsta thanks I need to say that I post stuff to get a conversation not to help add on to collections!! I have collected old school hip hop for many years tracing the tracks of my tears!!!I don't have a problem if it's shared or paying for it but Most of mines is paid for because I know it's true value!!!You know anything from rare R&B Soul, Rock n Roll etc. cost you a good penny!!The value of these shows is priceless, you have no idea how long many of us searched for this stuff, I've been down since 79, blew up mics, ripped the tables,and B-boyed from 80 to 98 and still got love for hip hop but mainly the old school stuff!! I don't mind sharing but I always hate when people don't comment if makes a persons work go in vein!!! That is probably why I don't post that much!! I gather this site is full of younger participants some could care less about the old school and that is all good but man it's heart breaking when folks don't talk about itbut download like a mother!!! That may be my first and last as far as concerts are concerned!!!!I aint here to rock no boats, I like this site a and this thread attracted me with it's title Respect the architect!!!!

ummm you gotta be mindful that this site might not have the traffic that you are used to at iother sites so there for it might not be d/led that much but given time eventually people will see your work...

click the sig if you vatican status

Thanks for the responses and the understanding as well!!Most of the other sites are the same in some capacity!! People visit the sites see stuff and just start downloading without commenting! I posted the same live show on another site where there alre almost 40 visitors and about 7 comments over a month's time!!But I do agree that patients should be practiced!! Thanks to everyone on here for that support!!!

THA REAL O.G.

If anybody is looking forward to the Kurtis Blow package, I apologise that it is taking so long. Something is wrong with my uploading and it's quite frustrating. Does anybody know of a program that _really works and not just sometimes works? I heard of FlashGet, GetRight and a few others but I want something that boosts my upload (and download) speeds.

THA REAL O.G.

Finally! After using FileUploader, I finally have it for you. I think this is one of the most complete Kurtis Blow packages on the Internet. If you find anything better, please let me know. Be prepared to read because this package includes 16 items total.

Kurtis Blow Package (473.75 MB)
    This package includes:
    1979:
    • Christmas Rappin' 12"
    1980:
    • Throughout Your Years 12"
    • The Breaks 12"
    • Kurtis Blow (LP)
    1981:
    • Deuce (LP)
    1982:
    • Tough 12"
    • Tough (LP)
    1983:
    • Kurtis Blow, The Best Rapper On The Scene (LP)
    • Party Time? (LP)
    1984:
    • 8 Million Stories/AJ Scratch 12"
    • Basketball/It's The Game Limited Edition 12"
    • Ego Trip (LP)
    1985:
    • If I Ruled The World 12"
    • America (LP)
    1986:
    • Kingdom Blow (LP)
    1988:
    • Back By Popular Demand (LP)
    Last edited by Tha Jsta; 05-13-2008 at 08:16 PM.

THA REAL O.G.

Have you ever listened to The Chronic by Dr. Dre? If you have, you probably noticed all those samples he had used. For example, my three personal favourites are Parliament's Mothership Connection (Star Child) and Swing Down, Sweet Chariot used in Let Me Ride, and Funkadelic's P. Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up) used in The Roach (The Chronic Outro). There are about 27 other other songs he sampled and you are getting the chance to hear them all for yourself.

This is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in terms of a compilation. It wasn't that easy to put together this original sample package but here it is. I know this isn't exactly Old School Hip-Hop, but this is what lead to it. So if this is a _true old school thread, here are some definite _old _school tracks. Not all are funk, but a good bit of them are. My next mission is that Roger and Zapp package...

Various Artists -- (Dr. Dre) The Chronic: Original Samples (149.18 MB)
    Last edited by Tha Jsta; 05-13-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Word Jsta and Difinite, y'all keeping it alive down here. Propz!
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

THA REAL O.G.

Default Mo' funk mo' funk just tah bump in ya trunk...

I promised this to y'all days ago now I have finally uploaded it. I know this is primarily an Old School Hip-Hop thread, but now I am also expanding it to Funk and soon P Funk (but that is later). If you like Roger Troutman and his other three brothers, you will love this newest package I got for you. It includes Zapp's first five CDs, Roger's first three CDs, and a CD before they were Zapp (still the same people only four years before they were Zapp). Many rappers sampled their stuff so if you want to know where the rappers got the basis for their stuff, check out this package. It's definitely worth the download.

Roger and The Gang Package (373.50 MB)
    This package includes:
    1976:
    • Roger and The Human Body: Introducing Roger
    1980:
    • Zapp: Zapp
    1981:
    • Roger Troutman: The Many Facets Of Roger
    1982:
    • Zapp: Zapp II
    1983:
    • Zapp: Zapp III
    1984:
    • Roger Troutman: The Saga Continues
    1985:
    • Zapp: The New Zapp IV U
    1987:
    • Roger Troutman: Unlimited!
    1989:
    • Zapp: Zapp V-Ibe
    Last edited by Tha Jsta; 05-13-2008 at 08:39 PM.

THA REAL O.G.

A quick note about the Kurtis Blow Package:
    If you have downloaded or intend to download the Kurtis Blow Package, when you open the "1982 -- Tough 12"" folder, the only files that should be there are "A Tough (Vocal)" and "B Tough (Instrumental)". I have no idea why, but there are more files in there. Delete these files because they are not supposed to be there. The GoldWaved versions of those tracks are in the "1982 -- Tough (LP)" folder. An image is in there too. Delete that as well because that is the image located in the "1982 -- Tough (LP)" folder.

Just thought I would let you know.
    Last edited by Tha Jsta; 04-02-2008 at 08:27 AM.

THA REAL O.G.

If you have ever heard of or listened to Beat Street Strut (track 4 on volume 1 of the Beat Street soundtrack), chances are you probably heard of the group that sang it. Their name is Juicy and I am bringing you their 1982 self-titled LP. This was all I could find of them...I was trying to find Beat Street Strut 12". Maybe I'll come across it someday.

I haven't listened to it yet, but if Beat Street Strut is good (it's one of my favourite tracks from the soundtrack), there is a good chance this will be as well.

Juicy -- 1982 -- Juicy (LP) (34.42 MB)
    Last edited by Tha Jsta; 05-13-2008 at 08:45 PM.

THA REAL O.G.

I am now working on those Parliament LPs. It will take time because I have 9 of them. Depending on the size of the final archive, I might be able to squeeze the Funkadelic LPs in too. I'm saying this because users without a premium account on MegaUpload cannot download files over 500 MB. That's why I try to keep my archives 500 MB or less and so far I have been successful.

Now I think I know what it feels like to be Memory Man (LOL). Don't take it the wrong way G.

whoa

nice drop

thanks
    "There is no way to peace
    Peace is the way"

http://www.myspace.com/broke1