Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Know Anything at All?

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Civilison View Post
    maybe because life is a finite existence of infinite things.

the infinite might be contained within the finite. this is where the problem arises.

i think...
    That's profound. There is a lot to consider about what you said, i agree totally!

infinite= knowledge?

and knowledge is to be found and evaluated by the finite= existance... I.E.

Veteran Member

peace rai

that's one way you can look at that. another one:

let's look at the change of seasons for example.

winter is finite because every time it comes we know for a fact that it will eventually come to an end. however, winter is being infinitely manifested every year. it's a cycle that on its own has a limit but put within the framework of the whole, it could be considered infinite.

another example, a human being's life span is finite. however, human evolution is something that doesn't end (although it might?).

i think we can all agree that life is based on cycles and phases that keep re-manifesting itself.

even if we look at atoms. an atom has its properties which limit or categorize it somehow. however, when you break it down it turns out that the atom comes from and is much more deeper and infinite than we imagine.

everything physically created is finite but but the space and time in which physicality is created is infinite. therefore, life is an infinite existence (never ending, constantly re-manifesting) of finite things (physical things with some kind of a limit or category).

something like this. at least that's how i see it.

and in relation to what X was saying... i am a finite existence... a personal life-form but at the same time i am a part of an infinite universe. the things we don't know come from where we come from but sometimes your personal self doesn't acknowledge them. everybody attains to what they attain.

peace!
    Last edited by Civilison; 02-15-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Os3y3ris View Post
    I'd have to say "no". After I smoked Salvia, the shit dropped me off in another dimension. So I had to ask "How do I know anything is real?" Couldn't find a good answer.
    just because it has a leaf doesn't mean u can smoke it

peace
    "graphics are just well displayed information"