View Poll Results: Who helped you KTL the most?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • KRS-one

2 10.53%
  • Public Enemy

0 0%
  • James Brown

0 0%
  • Bob Marley

1 5.26%
  • Brand Nubian

0 0%
  • Ice Cube

1 5.26%
  • Wu Tang Clan

10 52.63%
  • Killah Priest

2 10.53%
  • Immortal Technique

1 5.26%
  • Other (write in)

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was the most influential in you KTL?

Veteran Member

Default Who was the most influential in you KTL?

Write it in if I forgot someone.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i voted Other cuz for me its The Rza....then Killah Priest

KP...

...wut made you put and choose KP?
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

I voted Ice Cube myself. The Predator was probably the first rap album I heard where I was like "damn, political rap isn't gay (I'd only heard the backpacker shit before then)." Then I got into Public Enemy then Bob Marley, then Wu Tang (I only heard Wu for the first time a year ago- I know its a crime!). Wu got me into Brand Nubian.

Immortal Technique because he speaks from a latino perspective and I can relate to that.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Veteran Member

I'm suprised no one said Public Enemy yet. They're the big one (as far as politics.)

in my "ktl", the wu tang. That's where everything started, without wu tang there'd be no one else.

interesting that theres 6 choices with only 1 vote so far.

Public Enemy were influential to me but I was too young during their heyday to fully comprehend the politics that they were saying.

Method Man

I'll Fuck You Up TeknicelStylez's Avatar

I don't undertstand how someone from another country can be influenced by something that was written protesting the way of life that was handed to us in America. I understood P.E and all these cats because I grew up in the projects packed in with the rest of the minorities that society segregated from their own population. I lived that shit, experienced it, thats real knowledge and relation.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Wat dont ya Understand young bruva ?

Quote Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez View Post
    I don't undertstand how someone from another country can be influenced by something that was written protesting the way of life that was handed to us in America. I understood P.E and all these cats because I grew up in the projects packed in with the rest of the minorities that society segregated from their own population. I lived that shit, experienced it, thats real knowledge and relation.

Well ma young bro! I also Grew up in the (projects) As you call them.
    I Aint from tha USA. But I was able to relate wi Puplicl Enemy becoz they spoke tha fuckin TRUTH Ya know. I lived that shit to. As English People Tryed to tell us we are NOTHING and allways will be Nothing and tryed to make my Ansestors slaves. And They raped then killed my fellow Ansestors (Scottish Women) I could go on and on till tha Break of dawn wi EVIL Shit the English done to my COUNTRY. Now Thats DEVIDE and CONCURR Tek. Most Of US have had it verry rough. And Most of You HAVENT. Respect ma lil Bruva TEK..

But WE, Like The African Americans NEVER gave in or up to The English As the BLACKS NEVER gave in or up to The white Amaricans.

PEACE TO ALL RACES

OUT
    Last edited by Alesco; 02-11-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    Its all in you kid

No disrespect Tek but you need to step out of your bubble of New Jersey and see the world for yourself, racisim and segregation was not an isolated incident, it happens to this day all around the world, being a latino living in england was not much different, plus not being funny Tek but you would have been 4 years old during PE's heyday so I don't see how you would have understood shit at that time.

Method Man

I was chilling on the block with my cousins when I was 4 years old homie, and I was also reading on a 4th grade level so I understood shit, don't get it twisted. You never walked outside and seen 100 niggaz standing on your corner bumping all them niggaz mentioned above on boom boxes.

Act like you went through anything hard, mofucka you probably grew up in a house with both your parents, finished school no problems involved found yourself a nice little corporate job and meshed in with society. There was no serious crime rate in england back than. We had kids with semi automatic handguns running around shooting eachother. Crack heads fuckin all over the damn place. Homeless families, Drug addicted parents, 8 year olds running the street. Police beating the fuckin change out peoples pockets for no apparent reason. Gangs all over the fuckin place, you latin, did you have Latin Kings in your neighborhood slashing niggaz to pieces when you was growing up? I didn't fuckin think so...

You have no fuckin idea, what occured, and what occurs now in the fuckin ghettos of the U.S. So don't even act like you understand, because some brittish faggot called you a spic when you walked across the street or something.

A lot of people can relate on certain levels and be from all different parts of the world. Its not about who has had it worse or in what form it came.

I'm not saying you can't relate, I'm saying you don't "UNDERSTAND" what they're talking about when they talk about whats going on over here.

When INS is talking about bulletholes in his buildings windows and people gettin shot in the lobby, niggaz trying to control blocks up, and kids not paying attention and getting caught up in bad shit. You have no idea wtf he's talking about.

I was chilling on the block with my cousins when I was 4 years old homie, and I was also reading on a 4th grade level so I understood shit, don't get it twisted. You never walked outside and seen 100 niggaz standing on your corner bumping all them niggaz mentioned above on boom boxes.

Act like you went through anything hard, mofucka you probably grew up in a house with both your parents, finished school no problems involved found yourself a nice little corporate job and meshed in with society. There was no serious crime rate in england back than. We had kids with semi automatic handguns running around shooting eachother. Crack heads fuckin all over the damn place. Homeless families, Drug addicted parents, 8 year olds running the street. Police beating the fuckin change out peoples pockets for no apparent reason. Gangs all over the fuckin place, you latin, did you have Latin Kings in your neighborhood slashing niggaz to pieces when you was growing up? I didn't fuckin think so...

You have no fuckin idea, what occured, and what occurs now in the fuckin ghettos of the U.S. So don't even act like you understand, because some brittish faggot called you a spic when you walked across the street or something.
    You don't know fuck all about me, let alone the type of life I had, I don't have to justify myself to you tek but know this, what you wrote about what you think my life is like........was way off.

I was willing to show you respect but you come in here acting like just another ignorant little youngin that don't know shit. Everything you said that went on in your hood, has happened here so don't act like you know.

Oh and at 4 years old you wouldn't have understood shit so stop lying to yourself.

Method Man