View Poll Results: Who helped you KTL the most?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • KRS-one

2 10.53%
  • Public Enemy

0 0%
  • James Brown

0 0%
  • Bob Marley

1 5.26%
  • Brand Nubian

0 0%
  • Ice Cube

1 5.26%
  • Wu Tang Clan

10 52.63%
  • Killah Priest

2 10.53%
  • Immortal Technique

1 5.26%
  • Other (write in)

2 10.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was the most influential in you KTL?

Quote Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez View Post
    Hackney, Dalton, Brixton, Manchester... I know peopel all over London, couple of em post here.
    People who post here are not your friends, this is a forum.

Hackney has it's issues no doubt, Dalton?..ehh, Brixton has a bad rep but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, theres actually a lot of middleclass houses there, and Manchester is another city altogether.

On the real Tek come to London I will show you what goes on here, and I don't mean that in a antagonist sense, really come down, see london for yourself.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I'll Fuck You Up TeknicelStylez's Avatar

I would love to but I'm imprisoned in this country and I'm not allowed to leave if I wanted to.

Tauro, look I know your area is bad, but believe me when I tell you that it is nowhere, and I mean nowhere close to what it's like around here. You can drive through South Newark and you will see candles, pictures, and other shit set up for somebody who got shot in that spot on almost every single block. There are people who walk around with no shirt on and guns holstered right on them for everybody to see. When you enter a certain part of the city theres a red rag tied on every street light so you know who's area it is and it's not their fault if they catch you there and shoot you. You see baby's playing around in garbage. 12-13 year olds getting hit with stray gunfire. Streets blocked off by 30-50 fuckin gang members completely covered in red atire. Buildings abandoned blown out and half burnt down with people still living in them. It's the equivalent to a third world country around here yo for real.

We all know, and I don't give a fuck about statistics, but bottom line England DOESN'T have as serious a gun problem as we do over here. There is gunshots every single night. Camden has 629 gun assaults recorded in one year, thats 2 sets of gun assaults per day. Would you like living in a place where everytime you walk out your door you are capable of being chosen and shot randomly for some kind of initiation that doesn't even involve you?

This shit is real out here mang, no fucking around, its not the same thing.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986

Quote Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez View Post
    I would love to but I'm imprisoned in this country and I'm not allowed to leave if I wanted to.

Tauro, look I know your area is bad, but believe me when I tell you that it is nowhere, and I mean nowhere close to what it's like around here. You can drive through South Newark and you will see candles, pictures, and other shit set up for somebody who got shot in that spot on almost every single block. There are people who walk around with no shirt on and guns holstered right on them for everybody to see. When you enter a certain part of the city theres a red rag tied on every street light so you know who's area it is and it's not their fault if they catch you there and shoot you. You see baby's playing around in garbage. 12-13 year olds getting hit with stray gunfire. Streets blocked off by 30-50 fuckin gang members completely covered in red atire. Buildings abandoned blown out and half burnt down with people still living in them. It's the equivalent to a third world country around here yo for real.

We all know, and I don't give a fuck about statistics, but bottom line England DOESN'T have as serious a gun problem as we do over here. There is gunshots every single night. Camden has 629 gun assaults recorded in one year, thats 2 sets of gun assaults per day. Would you like living in a place where everytime you walk out your door you are capable of being chosen and shot randomly for some kind of initiation that doesn't even involve you?

This shit is real out here mang, no fucking around, its not the same thing.
    I believe you and I agree with you, dude look at my posts in this thread, not once did I ever say that England was worse than America, my beef with you was that you thought the rest of the world was holding hands skipping down the street together with big smiles on our faces and I was just saying that isn't the case. I have seen hoods in america first hand and I know how deep the gang situation is there, not once did I ever think you where living the good life Tek.

Method Man

'

http://www.njgangfree.org/lookfor.htm

^on the 3rd page they got the NGE. what the fuck?? Have they been creating problems lately?

Hells naw, most of the niggaz on my block was 5% at one point or another, they don't really cause any problems. The reason the cops consider them a gang is because even though people was 5% they was still doing things that normal hood niggaz do, as in selling crack on the block and just because they had knowledge and shit doesn't mean they punks you still gotta look out for your own whether you like it or not. Just cause you a peaceful nigga doesn't mean everyone else is, if you gotta pop someone to save self than thats what it do.

'

understood.

that was fucking long winded.
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

what point is trying to be made here? ya'll forgot?

The topic at had was which rapper/group most influenced you in terms of political awarness?......Like I stated before now it's Immortal Technique.

Method Man

what happened to the stuff about being influenced by these rappers if overseas. that was the start of that argument and it seems you both forgot that.

How many debates on KTL come to a conclusion and how many just spin off to people just trying to prove a point?

Lol @ this KTL thread spinning off into "My hood is harder than yours so STFU about what rapper was politically influential to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic-Taurius View Post
    Look Tek on the real, this convo was not about who's hood is the grimiest
    I stated that this was not the direction the debate should be taking, but for some reason it did even though I never once said my hood was worse than his.

Method Man

Shut the fuck up, you all have no idea what you're talking about. Who's hood is harder is not in the discussion obviously, because he lives in England and I live in fucking New Jersey, and anybody in their right brain knows the difference.

I was just trying to explain the horrors that go on in a US ghetto so these people understand what influenced these rappers to come to the point political awareness that they are at. It wasn't like they went to a job interview and some boss called em a nigger and refused to hire them. We live in shit everyday that half of you people never and will never get to see what goes on in the inner city. Thats the point I was trying to make.

^^^^^^

But that point has already been beaten to the ground, especially on internet forums.

I think a better conclusion to be made from this thread derailment is people notoriously make incorrect assumptions about places that they have never been. Comparing one city's crime statistics to the next is one thing, but in the inner city some of those numbers are never recorded regardless. It is true that some places in London are horrendous no matter what you are comparing it to. I live in Toronto and the rumor is most people don't even lock their doors.

Many people never been to Africa, little do they know they have several cities that have skyscrapers etc. in them instead of a bunch of tents and straw houses. Some things in urban geography people don't know.

very good point, but somehow I don't think Tek cares much unless it's happening within his own hood.

Method Man