Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
Wow, temper temper huh? Motherfucker listen to the lyrics! Crazy, Necromancer, oh shit, songs about madness and perversion are meant for mainstream audience huh? Yo, if you came here just to prove what a backpacker you are, betta back the fuck up and leave the forum to real listeners.

The album is a fucking artistic project. Cee-Lo and DangerDoom were exploring what are they capable to do together, are you too stupid to get it? If they managed to make a radio-friendly album - better for them. The point of album wasn't to be a big radio hit, I say it again, it was pushing the boundaries and making something original. Even if it means above standard rap.

What are you gonna say next, that Mouse is a sell-out cause his people listen to his music? You mean that only good prod is that which is commercially unsuccessful? Wake up, motherfucker, listen to music once without prejudices.

And about Beethoven - I always thought they didn't make no records in 19th century. Or am I wrong? Why on earth did he write notes for his music, cause he didn't have nothing better to do? Why didn't he copyright his music? Why didn't he put, for example, few of his works and brand it as album while he was still alive? Boy, you can't watch classical music as modern, it's two fucking different worlds, but it seems it's above your intellectual possibilites. Just shut up, OK?
Mate, read what I say before replying. You're arguing shit I'm not saying like a skitzophrenic. Yes, the lyrics are probably not mainstream, but the hooks and beats ARE - which is all that matters to the mainstream. You might appreciate it for the lyrics, doesn't change the fact that it's appreciated in the mainstream for things other then that.

Cee-Lo has worked with Danger Mouse since 2003. They knew what they were capable of, hence them making the album.. it's not an "exploration" as you put it, they just realised the chemistry they had and how good it could be. They were on tour together in 2003, they knew how good they are, and they are good.

What I'm trying to say is DangerDoom is the better album. Why? Because it's hip-hop in it's purest form, no club banging hooks, funky beats, and FUN lyrics. Personally much prefer to party to Benzi Box then Crazy.. and when I'm just chillin, much prefer Benzi Box (And other songs like Old School) then anything on St Elsewhere.

Again you're arguing like a skitzophrenic. Read what I say before getting your knickers in a twist. There are Beethoven albums, when they were made is irrelivant (Kinda like your opinion to me), still love how you are trying to pick apart a throw-away line like it has meaning.. this thread is about Gnarls Barkley, keep it to that, son.