Thread: Suspected Islamic militants warn barbers about shaving/trimming beards.

Default Suspected Islamic militants warn barbers about shaving/trimming beards.

KHAR, Pakistan - Suspected Islamic radicals have issued a Taliban-style warning to barbers in a Pakistani border town not to shave off or cut their customers' beards, saying it offends Islam, residents said Monday.

Pamphlets with the warnings were found at several shops in Inayat Kalay in Pakistan's Bajur tribal region near the Afghan border, said Bacha Khan, a barber in the market town.

"Barbers! Correct yourselves," said the handwritten, Pashto-language notes, one of which was obtained by The Associated Press.

"Any barber shop where acts against Shariah (Islamic law) — shaving or cutting of beards — are seen, are given a final warning to stop this anti-Shariah work and if they do not stop, they should take responsibility for whatever harm they come to," it said.

The pamphlets were unsigned. However, Khan said he believed the warnings were from mujahedeen, or holy warriors — a term often used to describe Islamic militants.

He said two dozen barbers had responded by posting notices in their shops asking customers not to insist on getting a shave.

"We do not want to come to harm," Khan said. "If this work is against Shariah, we will stop it."

The warning echoed a decree issued under Afghanistan's ousted Taliban regime ordering all men to grow beards, and it could reinforce concern that Pakistan's border areas are undergoing a "Talibanization" because of the presence of militants and radical preachers.

Security officials say Taliban and other militants suspected of attacks on Afghan and foreign troops on the other side of the border are active in Bajur.

Many Taliban fled to Pakistan when U.S.-led forces drove them out of Afghanistan in 2001-02. Before their ouster, Taliban vice squads roamed the streets and beat those suspected of trimming their beard. The Taliban's harsh interpretation of Islam saw them also ban women and girls from work and school and outlaw activities such as kite-flying and chess.

news.yahoo.com

Reminds me of when I was younger and I worked at a grocery store. Except it was the opposite, where we weren't allowed to have facial hair, except mustaches.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Reminds me of when I was younger and I worked at a grocery store. Except it was the opposite, where we weren't allowed to have facial hair, except mustaches.
    its cause 9 outta 10 cops sport those muhfuckas

Support the Real. Click HERE

Yeah, it was pretty lame. I couldn't have a trimmed, thin goatee, but other guys could have big bushy mustaches, where you could hardly see their mouth. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Answers Unseen View Post
    its cause 9 outta 10 cops sport those muhfuckas

"Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    KHAR, Pakistan - Suspected Islamic radicals have issued a Taliban-style warning to barbers in a Pakistani border town not to shave off or cut their customers' beards, saying it offends Islam, residents said Monday.

Pamphlets with the warnings were found at several shops in Inayat Kalay in Pakistan's Bajur tribal region near the Afghan border, said Bacha Khan, a barber in the market town.

"Barbers! Correct yourselves," said the handwritten, Pashto-language notes, one of which was obtained by The Associated Press.

"Any barber shop where acts against Shariah (Islamic law) — shaving or cutting of beards — are seen, are given a final warning to stop this anti-Shariah work and if they do not stop, they should take responsibility for whatever harm they come to," it said.

The pamphlets were unsigned. However, Khan said he believed the warnings were from mujahedeen, or holy warriors — a term often used to describe Islamic militants.

He said two dozen barbers had responded by posting notices in their shops asking customers not to insist on getting a shave.

"We do not want to come to harm," Khan said. "If this work is against Shariah, we will stop it."

The warning echoed a decree issued under Afghanistan's ousted Taliban regime ordering all men to grow beards, and it could reinforce concern that Pakistan's border areas are undergoing a "Talibanization" because of the presence of militants and radical preachers.

Security officials say Taliban and other militants suspected of attacks on Afghan and foreign troops on the other side of the border are active in Bajur.

Many Taliban fled to Pakistan when U.S.-led forces drove them out of Afghanistan in 2001-02. Before their ouster, Taliban vice squads roamed the streets and beat those suspected of trimming their beard. The Taliban's harsh interpretation of Islam saw them also ban women and girls from work and school and outlaw activities such as kite-flying and chess.

news.yahoo.com
    is it me or are these militants gettin more and more ridiculous?
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

its you, the pratice is in the Quran. This is a case of fundamentalist being fundamentalist.

oh i know the practice is in the quran - but to kill over it?
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate

killin don't ever really make sense but fundamentalist (of any sort) rarely, if ever, do

fukin stupid, someone needs to stop this fuk ups ruining my religion. wat da fuk is wrong with having a shave. i am a muslim but i think you cannot live with shariah law, it doesnt fit in, in some ways its pretty stupid. as we turks have grown to understand islam cannot be mixed with politics. it will eventually fuk up the country if it aint already fuked.

^^^thank you. thats the point i was tryin to put across.

Just a common example of the control that religion has over people. I pity the bearded guy's wives, cause I don't think a whole lot of women like when guys have lumberjack type beards.