• Average

0 0%
  • Mediocore

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wisemen - Wisemen Approaching

this album is pretty damn good but it doesnt give me that wow feeling that TGM did.
    Last edited by THE W; 03-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by B O T View Post
    this album is pretty damn good but it doesnt give me that wow feeling that TGM did.
    i feel ya bro
    Last edited by THE W; 03-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Smile

Album is bang'n i love Bronze's production it sound tight , i love the sample'n i can't wait to blast it in the car over the 20 speaker 3000 watt stereo system

Wu Stoneman

Lyrically....I salute them. this is well crafted....they hung with Gza (IMO Bronze got Gza on this one! Im going to take heat on that but type out both verses and tell me who's is tighter..) they killed it with with Vast, they were on the level on all the joints with their guests...flaaaaames

been getting into this album lately. The beat on founder of pain has been stuck in my head for two straight days. The song with vast aire has a sick ass beat but vast comes pretty gay. Some good shit here.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

the one with GZA plays on my mp3 player a lot, should be single number 2

Maybe I need to listen to this again - I don't know, but if I wasn't driving at the time I probably would've fallen asleep.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

I agree Bronze probably killed GZA on Associated. Associated, Illness and Mixture of Muhammed.. Fucking sick tracks. Sick album. I got some problems with certain elements, but overall probably one of the 5 Best albums to come out the last 6 months.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

1. Introduction - 4.5/5
    2. New Year Banga - 4/5
    3. Illness - 4.5/5
    4. Associated (f. Gza) - 5/5
    5. Mixture Of Muhammad - 5/5
    6. Iconoclasts - 5/5
    7. Founder Of Pain - 4/5
    8. Blinded - 5/5
    9. Up There Beyond - 4.5/5
    10. Verbal Joust - 3.5/5
    11. Words from the Prodigal Sunn - 3/5
    12. Goblins - 4/5
    13. Welcome Home - 4.5/5
    14. Honor's Promise - 5/5
    15. Wisemen Approaching - 5/5

Finally got my wisemen album today, but ive heard it before so i thought id wait an write this review until the bought the album!!

Id def say the best track on the album is "Honours promise"... an followin close behind is "Blinded" Bronze's lyrics are unreal in blinded the way he mimics his first verse!!

If u like The Great Migration, you'l love this i think!!

Overall id give it ... 4.6/5 ... Very nice album!!
    Fresh Breath Productions©;
    http://www.soundclick.com/freshbreathproductions
    Send Us An E-Mail If You Like Our Beats An Wanna Buy Any Or Wanna Start A Project!!!
    [email protected]

Suga Duga

wow, can't believe I haven't posted in here...well:

I just started listening again to this album this week and I'm once again stunned by the effort from the 4 MC's and the production Kevlaar and Bronze deliver...

this album is a personal classic, I don't skip one song...I'm a little bit scared to try to rate this album each song by itself b/c I'm pretty sure you won't find a 3/5 lookin through my ratings...

I'm not sure if the Offering is the album of the year while bumpin this album here...

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

wow, lookin at my review from way back i cant believe i only gave Honor's Promise a 3.5 i LOVE that shit...i never get tired of it, definitely a 5/5 but i'll leave it as is..

also, funny to see that Altaire actually showed up here n made one post in response to LHX and never said anything on here ever again....he murdered Welcome Home, such a nice verse.....cant wait to see an album from him (with Bronze beats!)..

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

all the verses were nice...

sooo, what are they next plans? Bronze solo? and then?
    bring back begongo!!

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    all the verses were nice...

sooo, what are they next plans? Bronze solo? and then?
    another Wisemen album is in the works...Kevlaar7 will also come through with a solo LP

I've been bumping this album non stop for the last week, I honestly can't get enough of this group. Each song has such an infectious vibe that I honestly can't say I dislike any track, it's certainly not one of those albums thats going to grab you instantly, it's an album that needs time to fully grow on you. When I first heard it I thought it was good but I wasn't amazed by it, but then I just started to play it again and as I got into it I began to see those qualities both in the lyrics and production that I just never caught the first few times.

The Wisemen are fully capable mc's managing to balance street parables with messages that never preach but is endearing to the listener. The production is borderline faultless and it actually amazes my how Bronze is not a hot commodity with his production work.

Im not even sure if this group are official killa bees or whether it's just Bronze but in anycase this group is certainly one to showcase the validity of the killa bee status and they are definately one of the best showcases for some of the best hip hop to come out of detroit.

Lyrics 4/5
    Beats 5/5
    Overall 4/5

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

I've been bumping this album non stop for the last week, I honestly can't get enough of this group. Each song has such an infectious vibe that I honestly can't say I dislike any track, it's certainly not one of those albums thats going to grab you instantly, it's an album that needs time to fully grow on you. When I first heard it I thought it was good but I wasn't amazed by it, but then I just started to play it again and as I got into it I began to see those qualities both in the lyrics and production that I just never caught the first few times.

The Wisemen are fully capable mc's managing to balance street parables with messages that never preach but is endearing to the listener. The production is borderline faultless and it actually amazes my how Bronze is not a hot commodity with his production work.

Im not even sure if this group are official killa bees or whether it's just Bronze but in anycase this group is certainly one to showcase the validity of the killa bee status and they are definately one of the best showcases for some of the best hip hop to come out of detroit.

Lyrics 4/5
    Beats 5/5
    Overall 4/5
    word up, my friend...

next up is The Great Migration...i know you never let that joint sink in..it's quite possibly in my top 5 favorite albums of all time..

ALSO, just a note for anybody interested...When this album first dropped all the voting and discussion and shit was mainly going on in this thread: link..

so if you're interested in reading more about ppl's reactions u may wanna peep that...

(another note...i'm gonna resurrect the Wisemen Approaching Lyric Interpretation thread very soon cuz i've got a bunch of questions on it)