Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion... And Its Meaning

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    Man created the word G-O-D to describe to the blackman, an unseen god didn't come into play until plato. Prior to him, god was man, the blackman.
    Well that in it's self is subject to debate.

The word God is used in this English language to refer to an omnipotent, onmnscient entity that is controller or ruler of the universe.

You define God as being a Black male.

Dispite what you say about Plato, there were thousands of cultures that believed in an "unseen" God, that have nothing to do with plato, or black men.

I'm surprised that in today's day and age, there isn't a larger amount of atheists and agnostics. I know here in the US, and lot of parents make their kids go to church and follow the same religion that they were brought up in. Hence, the cycle of control continues from one generation to the next. If a person from one religion, for example a Christian, would decide that he wants to change religions, or not be religious anymore, he's shunned and looked down upon. I'm not saying this is always the case, just the common example.

Like I stated earlier, nobody even knows if there is a god or not, so I would think in the future, there will be a greater population of agnostics, then there is now.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    Well that in it's self is subject to debate.

The word God is used in this English language to refer to an omnipotent, onmnscient entity that is controller or ruler of the universe.

You define God as being a Black male.

Dispite what you say about Plato, there were thousands of cultures that believed in an "unseen" God, that have nothing to do with plato, or black men.
    The word God is used in this English language to refer to many things and not just what you said.

I don't define god as being a black male. God is defined as the supreme being simple as that. The question of who is god is answered like this, the Blackman, not the black male, there's a difference between man and male.

Thousands of cultures that believed in an unseen god prior to plato you say? Name me five.

Veteran Member

God means one thing, and that is Jehovah or Yahweh, in hebrew its JHWH. God created humans, just because humans were told about God by God.....doesnt mean we created him. That makes no sense at all to me. God has always been here, and maybe we cant comprehend that, but its true and its in the Bible. If you dont believe in the Bible....then i duno what to tell ya.
    "I gotcha back, but you best watch your front,
    cuz its the niggaz who front that be pullin stuntz."
    -Gza

Veteran Member

nobody created god

"who created god?", although a valid question it is within itself flawed. why? because the question "who created god" automatically implies two things: creation and god. these are things that come after the personal individual organizes his/her thoughts in regards to what god is.

if a person cannot agree on what god is then he/she shouldn't be asking the question who created it.

plus the whole idea of creating god sounds cheesy to me.

it depends on the sense in which the question is asked. this is obviously more complicated than this being created by this and that created by this.

if you believe that god is a reality that doesn't abidy by space and time than how can it be created if doesn't have a medium to be manifested in? in what sense is it being created?

this is very complicated, a whole book can be written about this. prior and fundamental things need to be acknowledged and recognized before a question as complicated as this can be asked.

and of course, after everything comes the issue of subjectivty vs. objectivity. it can also be said that this question cannot be absolutely answered.

a really good discussion by the way.

PEACE

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by LikwidSwordz View Post
    God means one thing, and that is Jehovah or Yahweh, in hebrew its JHWH. God created humans, just because humans were told about God by God.....doesnt mean we created him. That makes no sense at all to me. God has always been here, and maybe we cant comprehend that, but its true and its in the Bible. If you dont believe in the Bible....then i duno what to tell ya.
    there's no "J" in the hebrew language.

Veteran Member

black man,

you make valid points but they are not always understood by everyone.

but im sure you already keep that in mind while posting here.

despite all the heat you get, there is always 5%ers on this forums.

i respect that.

PEACE

Veteran Member

Im sorry you are correct sir. But Jehovah was translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton which are symbols and they translate into JHVH or YHWH.
    -Gza

Veteran Member

I love debating/talking/having a discussion about religion and God though. I always learn something new.
    -Gza

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I'm surprised that in today's day and age, there isn't a larger amount of atheists and agnostics. I know here in the US, and lot of parents make their kids go to church and follow the same religion that they were brought up in. Hence, the cycle of control continues from one generation to the next. If a person from one religion, for example a Christian, would decide that he wants to change religions, or not be religious anymore, he's shunned and looked down upon. I'm not saying this is always the case, just the common example.

Like I stated earlier, nobody even knows if there is a god or not, so I would think in the future, there will be a greater population of agnostics, then there is now.
    one of the reasons i believe in god is because he sparked it so i believe in god i also believe if you born into a faith u should stay in it your people cannot be wrong there is good in all faiths
    i follow my mothers faith which is wrong i'm supposed to follow my fathers faith but now that i'm in it i will never turn my back even if god himself told me it's wrong

The word God is used in this English language to refer to many things and not just what you said.

I don't define god as being a black male. God is defined as the supreme being simple as that. The question of who is god is answered like this, the Blackman, not the black male, there's a difference between man and male.

Thousands of cultures that believed in an unseen god prior to plato you say? Name me five.
    Lakota

Dakota

Nakota

Ojibway

Apachee

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post
    Lakota

Dakota

Nakota

Ojibway

Apachee
    those are not cultures, those are tribes/nations. try again.

Veteran Member

Lakota was started in like the 18th century, i think Plato was born a little earlier....
    -Gza

Veteran Member

Im sorry you are correct sir. But Jehovah was translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton which are symbols and they translate into JHVH or YHWH.
    that symbol in which you speak of is a picture of a man.

those are not cultures, those are tribes/nations. try again.
    Each tribe has their own distinct culture.

Lakota was started in like the 18th century, i think Plato was born a little earlier....

LMAO, 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue. Lakota people were here doing what we do for years.

Ignorance is bliss.