Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Reasons why WEED should NOT be legalized

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Thumbs down Top Reasons why WEED should NOT be legalized

1. It would put mother fuckers out of buisness when Newport puts out Menthol Marijuana lights and Camel comes out with a Cool Joe refer smoking camel---People depend on it's sale to make the light bill and feed their kids. People trade their food stamp card for a sack. you really want to starve kids?

2. You'll have to have an I.D. to buy it.

3. It'll take the fun out of sneaking around to smoke it.

4. People would loose more jobs becuase companies would pressure drug tests more often- even though it'll be legal they'll still test to see who actually uses it.

5. Cops would pull you over more often for d.u.i. and smoke as a probable cause. Meaning you won't be able to have a cigar or cigarette while you drive without the risk of getting pulled over.

Legalizing weed sounds good but just think about how it could fuck up your life more. What are your views on it? Dope dealers know what i'm talking about.

Default Re: Top Reasons why WEED should NOT be legalized

6. Weed nerds would talk about it even more. Fuck weed nerds... cut it out and take some real drugs sissies. Smoking weed doesn't make you seem cool or interesting and weed does nothing compared to the toxic outerspace prescription drugs I take.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Latvia, United Streets of Adazhi (near Riga))

hmm weed is legal in Germany and Holland, but i haven't seen BuddaMalboro there lol
    still there wuould be millions of dealers who just can get weed cheaper than it would cost in a shop.

I wish all skinheads smelled like Mr.Clean..

"G-Unit's full of bitches
    Banks is a bitch
    Young Buck is a Bitch
    Tony Yayo is a bitch
    Fifty is a bitch
    Olivia's a bitch...HOLD UP! Olivia's a man!" The Game

i can't commit suicide. suicide committed me. so my suicide is dead.

Veteran Member

personally id rather keep it illegal, the cost would skyrocket and it wouldnt be any easier to get. and i like the dippin and dodgin that goes along with coppin trees.

"dodge
    duck
    dip
    dive
    and......dodge"

Veteran Member

dont legalize it, for all the aforementioned reasons.

the only reason i would support legalization is if thats all that happened, not corporations exploiting it and stuff.

aka Ol Dirty...

I'ma get home, I'ma get there, Make it back even if im caught out there....

FUCKIN BOSTON!

Quebec Gold

it's almost legal here
    Television tells lies to your vision so, beware of the trick-nology set off to fool the mind if you're dumb you're lost, if you're wise you will find that poison is a devil substance made for scratch' cause one rotten apple destroys the whole batch

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

I do see your points and have thought about all those myself. I only smoke chronic now but I have pretty much tried everything and done enough drugs to last a lifetime. I have made a lot of money and smoked a lot of free weed in my life because it was illegal.

But the truth is that the cost of weed would go down if it were legalized, in most places anyway, and the quality would go way up. Plus the fact that we are loading up our jails with non-violent criminals. I say save the space for the child abusers, rapists and murderers.

I am sure those that make their money off selling chronic would find a better approach or another avenue.

Just my thoughts. I can see no one really appreciated my "Legalize marijuana by religion" post. Thats ok, Im used to being misunderstood.

Oh, and sorry my post was long, Ive caught some shit for that too- just trying to speak my mind and we all have differents ways I guess.

its not gonna be legalized because these white tobacco companies wont be getting paid off of it. its the reason why it was made illegal in the first place.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

No, the reason it was made illegal in the first place was to discriminate Mexican workers coming in from across the border. Most anti-marijuana legislation is steeped in racism.

over rates mathematics

weed should b legalized though because of the amounts of people in prison for it. like come on a guy who rapes someone I'm comfortable allowing him in jail, a guy who just liked to smoke some buddah I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69
    No, the reason it was made illegal in the first place was to discriminate Mexican workers coming in from across the border. Most anti-marijuana legislation is steeped in racism.
    actually neither one of us are correct. it was made illegal because a company called duPont back in 1937 saw that hemp and all its products would bankrupt its business. so they convinced the government to heavily tax hemp. eventually they made it totally illegal.

over rates mathematics

^actually that can be disputed. there are still hemp clothes availible and the government even incouraged the growing of hemp during world war 2 because it was so strong. also hemp doesn't have any drug induced effects if you smoke it. weed on the other hand does.

legalising ween would eliminate those cunt days where u just got paid (usually in the really hot summer days) and nobody got the hook up, u searchin everywhere all day.....and end up scraping out the bong instead
    also if it was legal u could grow your own without fear of persecution which means home setups would become more elaborate and information could be more easily shared and the quality of available weed would rise
    but i quit so i dont care either way

peace

Quote Originally Posted by thwak
    ^actually that can be disputed. there are still hemp clothes availible and the government even incouraged the growing of hemp during world war 2 because it was so strong. also hemp doesn't have any drug induced effects if you smoke it. weed on the other hand does.
    are they available and manufactured in the US?

they used it for war but did not make it legal for domestic use.

only thing weed does to ya is it gives you a uforia. hemp does the same thing. they come from the same plant.

Anyone who knows the true history of marijuana in this country knows the drug policy’s foundation is built on ignorant slander. They mislead people with tools of propaganda for many years now. Just look at the Tax Act of 1937! The truth is, marijuana can solve many major problems that we currently face as a society. It’s the one single natural resource that could provide human life with shelter, food, fuel, clothing, and so much more. By keeping marijuana illegal, we are making marijuana users send money to importers overseas, who sometimes poison the marijuana with harsh chemicals. Legalizing marijuana would lead to lower costs for police protection, lower jail costs, lower taxes, lower prescription prices, and much more revenue to tax. By legalizing marijuana we can reduce the deficit and taxes, while increasing spending. Legalizing weed would lead to economical proportions. We can save the environment and conserve natural resources for the future. For the sake of our health, our future, our economy and our sanity, we should legalize marijuana. Here’s where the problem is with legalizing marijuana… It is very much a danger to the oil companies, alcohol, tobacco industries, the ADA and a large number of chemical corporations. Various big businesses with plenty of dollars and influence have suppressed the truth from the people… Why? Because hemp is a healthy natural source of essential fatty acids and omega-3 oils, and it offers outstanding benefits as a non-carcinogenic ingredient in foods, drinks, and cosmetics. Hemp oil is fantastic for dry skin or chapped lips, for example. The Marijuana seed is the second most complete protein source known, after soybeans. The enzymes contained in marijuana seed break down food nutrients to allow easier digestion and more food value. Marijuana seeds contain a higher percentage of enzymes and amino acids than any other food, including soybeans, and like soybeans can be made to taste like chicken, beef, tofu, etc. at five to ten per cent the cost of soybean protein. Domestic animals could also be fed for less than 20 per cent of current costs. Marijuana can be grown very poor soil, is an excellent rotation crop. Hemp is also the world's best source of paper-making fiber, and you can grow hemp a lot faster and in a lot more climates than trees. Hemp has tremendous advantages to offer to farmers, health-conscious consumers and industry. You might be wondering if hemp does offer such promises, why is it still illegal to grow in the U.S. The answer? The corruption and influence of the cotton industry. Cannabis hemp is the most durable, and longest lasting natural fiber known to exist on the earth. You see, hemp is ten times stronger than cotton. Hemp jeans last ten times as long as cotton jeans. If you let U.S. farmers grow hemp, then suddenly everybody is buying hemp clothes instead of cotton clothes, and the cotton growers lose money. So of course the cotton industry is more than willing to go along with the "hemp is bad" myth, claiming marijuana funds terrorism weaponry, if it does then why aren’t we immobilizing their ammo? It's all about protecting the pocketbook of these industries! In the end, of course, everybody loses. U.S. farmers get thrown in jail if they try to grow this crop, U.S. consumers have to buy inferior cotton clothing, makers of natural hemp nutritional products get raided by the DEA, and the national trade deficit gets even worse as we keep sending money to Canada and other countries to buy hemp products there. That's called "business as usual" in the United States where capitalistic industry, not sanity, makes the laws and regulations under which we all live. In a rational society, hemp would not only be legal, it would be heralded as a miraculous gift from nature that could be used in literally thousands of products that all benefit the lives of everyday Americans. Individuals deserve the right to make choices for themselves. The government only has a right to limit those choices if the individual's actions endanger someone else. This does not apply to marijuana, since the individual who chooses to use marijuana does so according to his or her own free will. The government also may have a right to limit individual actions if the actions pose a significant threat to the individual. But this argument does not logically apply to marijuana because marijuana is far less dangerous than allot of drugs which are legal, such as alcohol and tobacco with it’s various poisons, tar, and crack-like addictive nicotine. Meanwhile, we are currently spending billions of dollars every year to chase peaceful people who happen to like to get high… Also, people who use it for religious reasons! I’m not a big fan of religion my self but I am a fan of our First Amendment. There are many religious reasons why marijuana should be legalized. Many religions such as Hindus, Buddhists, Rastafarians, and others use marijuana in their spiritual and religious ceremonies. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says that the government cannot "prohibit the free exercise" of religion. These people cannot follow their religion as they see fit. In a way, they are being put in jail for their religious beliefs. These people get locked up in prison and the taxpayers have to foot the bill. We have to pay for food, housing, health care, attorney fees, court costs, and other expenses to lock these people up. This is extremely expensive! Legalize marijuana and drop the crime rate… We could save billions of dollars every year as a nation if we stop wasting money locking people up for having marijuana. Plus Marijuana has a distinguished history of medical use dating back more than 5,000 years. Marijuana can treat a wide variety of illnesses and medical problems including glaucoma, the side-effects of cancer chemotherapy, muscular spasms, the "wasting syndrome" associated with AIDS, epilepsy, and more. If you have cancer, marijuana can alleviate nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite caused by chemotherapy treatment. If you have AIDS, marijuana can alleviate the nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite caused by the disease itself and by treatment with AZT and other drugs. Marijuana help people with Glaucoma by reducing intraocular pressure, alleviates the pain and slows or halts the progress of the disease. Glaucoma, which damages vision by gradually increasing eye pressure over time, is the leading cause of blindness in the United States. People with Multiple Sclerosis (the leading cause of neurological disability among young and middle-aged adults in the United States) can use marijuana to reduce the muscle pain and spasticity caused by the disease. It may also relieve tremor and unsteadiness of gait, and it helps some patients with bladder control. If you have Epilepsy, marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures. People suffering from Chronic Pain can use marijuana to reduce the pain, often debilitating pain caused by a variety of injuries and disorders. So I’ll step out now with one more statement… We need to come together and educate each other instead of falling victim to the propaganda machine!