Thread: Songs that make you cry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boyz II Men singing about breakups pulls at my heart strings because I can relate

I like this song because of this verse. Because I was in love with a woman and we had our honeymoon period but after a year we started arguing all the time and I never knew what any of the arguments was about it was just like she was always against me no matter what side i took or if I did not take a side at all. And i know what it feels like to be in love with a woman but feel like talking about how you feel is no longer allowed. And sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try to keep things like they were the water in the well runs dry. This song also talks about times we had opportunities at love but we pushed love away. And it talks about how breaking up with someone you were meant to be with could be the biggest mistake of your life. It's poetic.

We don't even talk anymore
    And we don't even know what we argue about
    Don't even say I love you no more
    Saying how we feel is no longer allowed
    Some people will work things out
    And some just don't know how to change
    Let's don't wait till the water runs dry
    We might watch our whole life pass us by
    Let's don't wait till the water runs dry
    We'll make the biggest mistake of our lives
    Don't do it, baby

This song is about loving someone but knowing you're at the end of the road and the relationship cannot go on. It's painful because we all want to believe that Love lasts Forever! And maybe it does?

We belong together
    And you know that I'm right
    Why do you play with my heart
    Why do you play with my mind?
    Said we'd be forever
    Said it'd never die
    How could you love me and leave me
    And never say good-bye?

Although we've come to the end of the road (End of the road)
    Still I can't let go (The end of the road and I know I can't let go, baby)
    It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you (I don't know what I'm gonna do)
    Come to the end of the road (I don't know what I'm gonna do 'cause I know I've come to the end of the road, the end of the road)
    Still I can't let go (Oh my God, Oh my God, help me out a little bit, baby)
    It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

When I can't sleep at night without holding you tight
    Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
    Pain in my head oh I'd rather be dead
    Spinnin' around and around

edit... Oh and add in the part about Babyface producing these songs and being on top of his game doing production. And quartets are awesome. Boyz II Men. Smokey and the Miracles. Curtis Mayfiend and the Impressions. many other bands. The Whispers? The Persuasions?
    Last edited by Sense-A; 12-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.