Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1891

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

After this type of loss, I wonder what Florida St.'s QB will steal or rape next.

Banned

O-h-i-o rip their fucking heads off

So who is going to win the National Championship Game: Oregon or Ohio State?

Am picking Ohio State.

Oregon

Banned

Nick Toochski must be beating his dick right now.

Banned

How bout them BUCKEYES!!!!!

corned beef for all!!!!

Banned

Those west coast boys are too soft, little too finesse...

Those southern boys too slow, little too stupid...

Texas College player charged with murdering a transgender woman he was dating, once he found out that she wasn't all woman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...132451466.html

Banned

Hey assholes get ready for the repeat.

I'm going to the FAU vs Miami game Friday night. It's hard for me cuz I love the Canes but I went to FAU and played ball there at there facilities back in the day. Not on the teams but I played hoops with some of the players once in the gym. Plus the stadium is about 15 minutes from the pad!

lol @ Alabama losing and Ohio St. barely getting by Southern Illinois.

----Alcoholic head coach of USC fired

USC announced Monday that it has fired coach Steve Sarkisian one day after he was placed on a leave of absence.

“After careful consideration of what is in the best interest of the university and our student-athletes, I have made the decision to terminate Steve Sarkisian, effective immediately,” athletic director Pat Haden said in a statement Monday. "I want to thank Clay Helton for stepping into the interim head coach role, and I want to add how proud I am of our coaching staff and players and the way they are responding to this difficult situation.

"Through all of this we remain concerned for Steve and hope that it will give him the opportunity to focus on his personal well being."

Shortly after Sarkisian failed to show up to Sunday's practice, reports began to surface that he showed up to a special teams meeting intoxicated and ultimately left the building.

Haden met with media briefly Sunday and said he called Sarkisian and he wasn't well.

“It was very clear to me that he is not healthy,” Haden said Sunday.

This wasn’t the first time this year Sarkisian had had issues with alcohol. He used inappropriate language at a USC booster function in August and issued an apology saying he had mixed alcohol and medications.

However, Both the Los Angeles Times and L.A. Daily News posted stories and tweets that claim that Sarkisian’s trouble with alcohol has been prevalent since he arrived at USC.

BREAKING: #USC players said Sarkisian drank and passed out on flight back from Washington State game in 2014. Some reportedly took photos
    — InsideUSC (@InsideUSC) October 11, 2015

BREAKING: Some #USC assistant coaches believed Steve Sarkisian was drunk during the Arizona State game on Sept. 26.

Player on last year's #USC team claims Sarkisian drank bottle of Patron Tequila after Notre Dame game at Coliseum in 2014

Helton, the Trojans’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, served as the interim coach prior to Sarkisian’s hiring and led the Trojans to a win in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Sarkisian’s tenure as USC’s head coach lasted less than two seasons. He was 12-6 in that span.

--- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier retiring immediately

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier told his players and coaches Monday night that he is retiring immediately, sources told ESPN.com. The plan is for someone else to coach the team the rest of the season.

Spurrier's retirement was first reported by SI.com.

An interim coach will be named Tuesday, sources said.

Spurrier, the Gamecocks' all-time winningest coach, also informed South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner of his decision to step down, sources said. This came after the Gamecocks lost their fourth straight SEC game Saturday to LSU. The loss guaranteed Spurrier no better than a .500 season.

Spurrier, 70, was close to stepping down at the end of the past season, after the Gamecocks dipped to 7-6 on the heels of three straight 11-win seasons and three straight top-10 finishes, but he elected to return. The Gamecocks have lost eight of their past nine SEC games dating to the past season.

The Gamecocks are 2-4 overall this season and 0-4 in the SEC. They sit seventh in the SEC East.

A source told ESPN.com that co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Shawn Elliott is the front-runner to be interim head coach. Other possibilities are defensive coordinator Jon Hoke, who is in his first season with the Gamecocks, and quarterbacks/tight ends coach G.A. Mangus.

Spurrier, fed up with age questions and critics suggesting his best coaching days were behind him, went on the offensive before this season began.

"We were 11-2 and ranked fourth in the country this time a year ago, and nobody said a damn word about my age," Spurrier said. "Now, a year later, I'm suddenly too old, and we're on our way down.

"I just want our fans to know that we're going to have a good team and recognize that it's our enemies saying these things about Spurrier being washed up and we're not going to be heard from again. Gamecocks out there need to know that I'm going to be here five or six more years, and away we go."

Spurrier said then that he wasn't going to let one down season derail the momentum the program had built since going to the SEC championship game in 2010. Before he arrived in 2005, South Carolina had one season of double-digit wins in its history.

"I'm smart enough to know when it's time to let somebody else come in and do this, but I'm also smart enough to know that we've beaten Georgia four of the last five years, beaten Florida four of the last five years and beaten Clemson five of the last six years," Spurrier said in July. "We're only 3-2 against Tennessee the last five years, and they won a couple of close ones against us, but they've lost 10 in a row to Florida. So I'd say we've done OK and have a lot more we're going to do."

Spurrier has an 86-49 record at South Carolina and a 228-89-2 mark in 25 seasons as a head coach. He coached Florida, his alma mater, from 1990 to 2001 and led the Gators to the 1996 national championship and six SEC championships. He has been named SEC coach of the year nine times.

In addition, Spurrier had brief stints at Duke and with the NFL's Washington Redskins.

He won the 1966 Heisman Trophy as Florida's quarterback.

Spurrier became South Carolina's winningest coach, with 65 victories to surpass Rex Enright, in the 2012 season finale. He also is Florida's winningest coach (122 victories), and he and Paul "Bear" Bryant are the only coaches to record the most wins at two SEC schools. Only Bryant, with 159, has more SEC wins than Spurrier's 135.

--- Former Texas A&M WR admits to killing of park jogger

Former Texas A&M wide receiver Thomas Johnson stabbed and killed a person at random Monday morning in a park according to Dallas police.

Johnson, a former four-star recruit in the class of 2012, hasn't been with the team since he left during his freshman year. He allegedly hacked a jogger in a Dallas park with a "large-edged" weapon in a fit of rage.

From the Dallas Morning News:

“It appears Mr. Johnson picked this victim at random. Absolutely random,” Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin said. “He just attacked him. … It’s just very unusual. It’s quite shocking.”

Police also said that Johnson admitted to the murder after he was apprehended. His alleged victim was described as a white male between 25 and 35 years old. The man, who died at a hospital, was one of four people murdered by White Rock Lake on Monday in Dallas, though the attacks don't appear to be connected. Johnson allegedly killed the man as he was running on the White Rock Trail.

Johnson had 30 catches for 339 yards in 2012. He went missing in November of that year and never returned to the team. He was reported missing on November 14 after last being seen on November 12 and found overnight on November 15 of that year.

According to the Morning News, police have said Johnson was angry about his "situation in life."

He remains in jail as he awaits charges for the murder. Johnson was arrested in 2014 after he allegedly stole his aunt's minivan and money from her.

The aunt told police then that Johnson “had been causing problems in the family for a long period of time,” according to an affidavit.

He declined a jailhouse interview with The Dallas Morning News then and was supposed to go into rehab.

Johnson received probation for the crimes, but court records show prosecutors filed papers last month to have his probation revoked because he tested positive for marijuana and failed to meet other conditions, including paying fees.

Johnson was the No. 4 wide receiver in the country in 2012 according to Rivals and the No. 5 prospect in the state of Texas. out of Skyline High School in Dallas.

Georgia Tech with a big win over Florida St. on the blocked punt.