Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1891

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

dude i've been saying the big10 was crap from the beginning of the year. there are no good teams in the big10. just teams that sucked less.

the retard has put together a staff that has taken THE worst recruiting class we've had in this programs history and have them on the bubble for a BCS game. we have the 3rd ranked recruiting class coming in next year, so we will have all but completely washed ourselves clean of the shameful richrod era.

still have to find a replacement for denard.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

And all I'm saying is its beneficial when the conference you play in is crap.

If you want to say Hoke is great by simply saying he is better than RichRod, thats fine, but its not much of a comparison.

Without richrod, there is no Denard, and without Denard, you are maybe a 4 win team.

At the very least he recruited the most important position well.

I can see why scUM fans see Hoke as the savior, after the embarassment of the past 5 years.

But the secondary is still awful and has been awful since the Lloyd Carr era. So you cant blame RR for that.

And Hoke has the advantage of a team more experienced.

I think had cockrod came back, he would have experienced the same level of success with this team in this conference.

His system does work, its just scUM didnt have the patience and RR had to deal with transers going from a pro style to his.

while they were more experienced this year, they had to learn a whole new offensive and defensive scheme and did well in doing so.

hoke did way more with richrods players. richrods defense was non-existent which is why they struggled. offensively they did well up until they started big10 play. fitzgerald toussant didnt do shit last year under richrod. other than denard, they couldnt run the ball.

this team loses to northwestern, nebraska, OSU, and probably even illinois if richrod and his staff are still there. they get destroyed by state too. at least this year they had a chance to win this game late but couldnt finish. same with iowa.

good riddance to this class.

Banned

I dunno. Rodriguez is a good coach still. He had to waste 2 years purging that roster, and this year would have finally been the one that he showed improvement, especially with a weak schedule.

Hoke does nothing on the sidelines but watch the game. He must be a motivator or something, but I think he will be exposed. He is already outshined by Mattison on a weekly basis.

thats what a head coach is supposed to do, motivate and recruit.

you think urban meyer was winning at florida with two losers as O&D coordinators?

richrod is an excellent coach and arizona in 5 years will be competing for pack 12 titles. michigan did not give richrod the support he needed to recruit and lloyd carr pretty much sabotaged the whole thing by telling players they should leave the team and signing their walking papers.

the horrendous defenses they put on the field were on richrod but the michigan ADpt. played their part in that debacle too.

Shaolin Master

I was saying that I thought Michigan was an 8-4 team at best this year and they far exceeded my expectations. I was hyping up Mattison before The season started and he has been a miracle worker for us. Plus we have one of the best classes this year in recruiting in the nation. Brady Hoke does a hell of alot for our program, and if you want to call him a retard or whatever, that is cool with me, the guy is a winner period. Michigan is much more than Denard now, with Toussaint emerging as a legit stud. Him and Denard ran for almost 300 yesterday. That has been the biggest factor in the offense being so productive over the last month.
    Braxton Miller has really impressed me this year, and he will be more than a handful next year, and he will be a perfect match for Urban Myer's offense. With that being said, I welcome Urban Meyer and am not worried about him at all. He has a 7-1 bowl record, yet his only loss in a bowl was to Michigan, with Tebow as his qb. His team that dominated OSU in the National championship was led by Greg Mattison's defense. I hope this is the start of another 10 year war between our schools because we need it to be.
    Last edited by derek41; 11-27-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Banned

I wouldnt call Toussaint a legit stud, but he does have ability in the option read.

HOke is unproven. He is an Ohio boy led astray. Sadly, scUM success has been built upon Ohioans.

BUt joking aside, Meyer was a huge part in the offensive schemes at Florida.

I'm not sure what Hoke does at scUM. Not saying that having high level assistants isn't a good thing, but when they outshine the coach, that says something.

I've heard Hoke in interviews too....the guy sounds retarded, but you dont have to be a genius to coach football.

The rivalry will probably be pretty competitive between Meyer and Hoke.

Imagine if scUM coaxed Les Miles to coach them.

Unfortunately scUM isn't the draw OSU is in terms of fan base and resources.

Shaolin Master

Michigan has the largest alumni base in the country, and they travel just as well as OSU if not better. History will always be on Michigans side also. Our tradition is unrivaled and we will always be 1 in all time wins. I won't resort to the lame name calling like SCum or HOke, I know that probably took all night to think of that one.
    I'll just refer to legendary broadcaster Bob Ufer when describing OSU. "welcome to Ohio stadium, in attendance today are 10000 alumni and 74000 truck drivers."
    We have gotten our best coaches and our best players from Ohio, and that is cool with me, there is a reason they would rather come to Ann Arbor than stay in that hillbilly infested state of yours. That isn't name calling, just stating the facts.
    Last edited by derek41; 11-27-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Banned

Ah yes, as I'm sure the "Harvard of the Midwest" would normally welcome Denard Robinson with open arms if he weren't fast.

Two things Ohio can say for itself that can't be refuted.

We are 1-0 in wars against Michigan.

And Detroit is not located within our borders.

First, retake Canada, Jr.(your state) from MSU, than you can talk to us about getting the rivalry back.

Until then, it's ice fishing and whatever else people in Meatchicken do for the winter.

Banned

And NO, you do not have a bigger alumni base than OSU.

Nor do you travel better.

Ann Arbor is and always has been a lying little whore.

Tough break for RG3. Hada Great shot to be the Heisman this year. He probably would have thrown 6 TDs in that game vs T.Tech but got knocked out early on.

Georgia getting 10 in the SEC Title Game I'll wait to see what the money line is.....they burned me earlier in the year but I think I can make money back and then some this time around....they can at least cover. Aaron Murray ain't no joke.

Boise St. should have been in the bigger bowl game.

Can't believe Georgia was up 10-0 at half in that game.

Banned

you talking about the SEC title game?

LSU is just beasts on defense, and they are like 7 deep at tailback, its disgusting. Guys you never even heard of who are going to be NFL running backs.

Les Miles has it down to a science.