Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

if only they had a way to determine the best team idk like a playoff or something

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post
    LMAO....pathetic

ITS JUST A FUCKING GAME YOU DUMB HEFFER BITCH

A.....FUCKING.......GAME

LOL at people crying over this shit
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

Florida and USC are teh two best teams, and nothing is decided this year.

So Florida can take it's National Championship and think they are the best but they didn't have to actually play the other best.

Plus, you know, SEC got to play a fucking home game again. That shit must be nice.

Another year, more bullshit, nothing decided. A champion crowned based on opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Florida and USC are teh two best teams, and nothing is decided this year.

So Florida can take it's National Championship and think they are the best but they didn't have to actually play the other best.

Plus, you know, SEC got to play a fucking home game again. That shit must be nice.

Another year, more bullshit, nothing decided. A champion crowned based on opinion.
    When has this ever happened? It's never happened in the history of college football where the best teams actually play each other. I don't know why everyone's so quick this year to discredit Florida, this year is no different from every other year.

Florida is the best this year by the the same source used every year since college football started - human voting. If you wanna say that Florida can take their championship and think they're the best when they didn't have to play the best, then you can discredit every other national championship winner in the history of college football.

Now of course I support a playoff and all that, but based on what happened on the field this year, USC has absolutely no argument compared to Florida's resume or Utah's resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    When has this ever happened? It's never happened in the history of college football where the best teams actually play each other.

It last happened in 2005----Texas over USC
    I don't know why everyone's so quick this year to discredit Florida, this year is no different from every other year.

This year has been more contentious than most, there's Florida, USC, Texas and Utah all with a legitimate argument that there the national champs. Florida won the BCS match-up of one and two so they've got more claim than anyone but Texas shouldn't have lost their to be there by Oklahoma but it is what it is

Florida is the best this year by the the same source used every year since college football started - human voting. (computers are play a role as well nowadays---it isn't strictly human voting) If you wanna say that Florida can take their championship and think they're the best when they didn't have to play the best, then you can discredit every other national championship winner in the history of college football.

Now of course I support a playoff and all that, but based on what happened on the field this year, USC has absolutely no argument compared to Florida's resume or Utah's resume.
    it'll never really be settled till a playoff system is introduced. Obama wants to see it as well so who knows? maybe we see it happen in the next eight years.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    When has this ever happened? It's never happened in the history of college football where the best teams actually play each other. I don't know why everyone's so quick this year to discredit Florida, this year is no different from every other year.

Florida is the best this year by the the same source used every year since college football started - human voting. If you wanna say that Florida can take their championship and think they're the best when they didn't have to play the best, then you can discredit every other national championship winner in the history of college football.

There have been years when the BCS got lucky and the two undefeated teams played. But most years, that does not happen, someone always gets screwed.

I'm not discrediting Florida...ok, well maybe i am. I think USC would beat them. My opinion is that USC is a better team than Florida.

But what does it matter. Its an opinion. YOu get what i'm saying?

You cannot say that Florida was better than USC this year just cuz they were voted into the 'national championship'.
    They just happened to be fortunate.

Its like back in the day even before the BCS when teams would just play their bowls.

Like in 97 when Michigan and Nebraska were co champs.

Or when Notre Dame would be voted National champ because of opinion or reputation.

Its all BS.

I don't like USC or Florida and its also bullshit when they get to play a bowl or championship in their home city and/or state.

College football is so far off when it comes to this shit. A dissapointment every year.

BUt as it stand Florida was named the champs so enjoy it.

Veteran Member

any1 here follow recruiting? bryce brown better sign with the U.... That would give us a very nice 5 man backfield... don't ask me how to keep all them happy but, if our 3 rb's in this years class signs, shit... Baby J (Edgerrin James cousin), Graig Cooper, Mike James (recruit), Lamar Miller (recruit), & Bryce Brown (recruit).
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

Banned

I follow it. they usually get alot of talent, but lately alot of that talent hasn't been panning out.

They always good tough defense and skill players, but they haven't had a good quarterback in awhile. They need one badly.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I follow it. they usually get alot of talent, but lately alot of that talent hasn't been panning out.

They always good tough defense and skill players, but they haven't had a good quarterback in awhile. They need one badly.
    Yea, I think Jacory will be good enough for us, and Bryce Brown will be a beast given a decent o-line on any team in my opinion

Banned

we'll see. QB is the most important position in football, and if you got one in college, you can mask alot of your other flaws.

Veteran Member

Yea. I don't think we'll be bcs type good with Jacory. Actually... Nevermind, the acc isn't as strong as people thought it would be. And as much as I hate too say. I got fsu or unc winning the acc title, as of right now. With the canes finishing 4-5th range right now.

Banned

well, FSU and Miami are the class of the ACC and if they are having down years, than the conference is going to be weak.

I kno that Ohio State is recruiting Bryce Brown too, so yea he's a good player I'd like to have.
    Another kid Marlon Brown, will be a huge get for anyone who lands him.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by check two; 02-23-2009 at 05:06 PM.

NCAA football 2009 is here.

michigan looked pretty good against WMU. they need to make robinson a Running back, dude is not a QB.

USC did their thing on scrub saturday.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

how 'bout them pitt panthers. 38-3 against Youngstown St.

hhaha