Page 52 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    The greater truth is that you lied to us and that Miami doesnt deserved to even be ranked higher than Michigan.

LOL @ the Gators single handedly taking over football in Florida.

LOL @ Bowden and whoever coaches Miami. FSU should have stayed a girls school.

I guess if 1 out of every 4 Miami recruits didn't get killed or they didnt kill someone else, they might actually be a consistent program.

They should have stayed in the soft ass Big East and beat up on the 'football' they claim to play on the east coast.
    I grew up in FL and went to State, during the 80's and early 90's the Gators were garbage, Noles and Canes dominated, the Gators have really gained control this last decade...but a lot of that has to do with coaching, which is why people in Tally want Bowden's head...there is SO MUCH TALENT in florida high school football, the kids lining up for Florida aren't THAT much more talented, they are just coached a hell of a lot better...

Banned

Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football right now. He runs that system to perfection and it doesnt hurt that he has Tebow under center.

Miami looks terrible. I really dont think they are that talented and havent been since Ohio State toppled them. They fell off with recruiting. But they have also not had a good QB in a long time. I dont kno that Dorsey really qualifies.

And FSU...well, again, they haven't been good since Weinke....the late 90's. They have had some decent talent, but again, they have been really average.

When your FSU or Miami and you have a hard time cracking the top 25 every year, there is a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ^^ Gets sensitive about criminals?
    Yes I am.
    Last edited by check two; 10-08-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football right now. He runs that system to perfection and it doesnt hurt that he has Tebow under center.

Miami looks terrible. I really dont think they are that talented and havent been since Ohio State toppled them. They fell off with recruiting. But they have also not had a good QB in a long time. I dont kno that Dorsey really qualifies.

And FSU...well, again, they haven't been good since Weinke....the late 90's. They have had some decent talent, but again, they have been really average.

When your FSU or Miami and you have a hard time cracking the top 25 every year, there is a serious problem.
    There is a serious problem, but there's a serious problem because right now the pipeline for Top Grade Florida talent is heading out of state or to the Gators. Doesn't Ohio State got a Rolle relative? Ya'll know the deal.

Miami is showing that they're getting better. Say what you want, but they're #11 and by the end of the season who knows?

FSU has just been so lame it is disgusting. It's a shame that no one seems to want to play hard for Bobby Bowden anymore. Even in his last years, they can't even grind out a good season. I guess there's no where else to put the blame for that, BUT on Bobby. So it is what it is.

Banned

OHio State has alot of Florida guys. they always get a few, but recently its been more.

Yea, Brian Rolle is our starting MLB. He's a fuckin beast. Etienne Sabino is another Miami guy.
    Duran Carter, Cris Carters son too.
    We get alot of players from St. Thomas Aquinas and Belle Glade. Thats where Santonio came from. I think maybe Gamble too.

Miami is getting better, i'll give you that, but they fell off hard for a while there and haven't really had any great player like they usually do.

FSU needs to get rid of Bowden and clean up the program. Its reputation is horrible.

Miami needs a new coach.

Head coaching is huge in college football and Randy Shannon just ain cuttin it.

Shannon is good until they fuck up again..

I don't blame Shannon for Jimmy Graham dropping a TD pass in the game versus Va Tech. And while the defense gave up 21-0 to start the game, it still would've been 14-21 at that point with time still left in the 3rd. If anything, the staff did a good job keeping the guys up when that game could've been like 49-7.

I do agree that FSU needs to clean up its act, and needs to buckle down on these athletes. When we have in the past, it has hurt us. Having to sit guys during big games. Snoop Minis was missing games back in the day for this. The dude who shoplifted at Burdines. So much stuuuuupid shit has come out of that school. The list goes on. BUt then we try and sweep it under the rug sometimes which is a disgrace.

But is FSU the only school that let's its dumb jock atheletes cheat on tests? Cmon now.

OHio State has alot of Florida guys. they always get a few, but recently its been more.

Yea, Brian Rolle is our starting MLB. He's a fuckin beast. Etienne Sabino is another Miami guy.
    Duran Carter, Cris Carters son too.
    We get alot of players from St. Thomas Aquinas and Belle Glade. Thats where Santonio came from. I think maybe Gamble too.

Miami is getting better, i'll give you that, but they fell off hard for a while there and haven't really had any great player like they usually do.

FSU needs to get rid of Bowden and clean up the program. Its reputation is horrible.

Miami needs a new coach.

Head coaching is huge in college football and Randy Shannon just ain cuttin it.
    Does that bother you? Of course some states got a bigger talent pool than others but I love that Mack Brown recruits almost exclusively outta Texas. You really feel like that's truly TEXAS out on the field and not some kid from New Jersey or some shit. I would think most college fans would want their team to recruit close to home first and foremost. Am I wrong on that?

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    Does that bother you? Of course some states got a bigger talent pool than others but I love that Mack Brown recruits almost exclusively outta Texas. You really feel like that's truly TEXAS out on the field and not some kid from New Jersey or some shit. I would think most college fans would want their team to recruit close to home first and foremost. Am I wrong on that?
    No it doesnt bother me. And 90 % of Ohio States roster is from Ohio. But if you can snag great players from surrounding states or football rich states like Texas, Cali or Florida, I don't see why you wouldnt. We have gotten some great talent out of Florida, and especially Western PA, which is not far.

Texas is such a big state, land wise, that I suppose you can get away with it.

But I mean, we have had alot of great players from out of state. I think its actually good that a program gets that kind of recognition.

Last year, Laurinaitis was from Minnesota, Malcolm Jenkins from New Jersey, and this year, you got Pryor out of PA, our best lineman, Cam Heyward is from Georgia.

If your getting quality players, than it doesnt matter. We got 2 RBs from Ohio, one from PA and two others from FLA, but both FLA recruits aren't playing because one didnt initially make it academically and the other was involved in a misdameaner drug charge, so Tressel is waiting til they get their shit together.

We have gotten good recruits out of Texas tho. David Boston, Ashton Youboty and Anthony Schlegel come to mind first.

ONly time i get pissed is if we lose top Ohio recruits to other states, but Tressel has locked Ohio down and that hasn't happened since he's been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post

But is FSU the only school that let's its dumb jock atheletes cheat on tests? Cmon now.
    its a fact that the southern schools, especially many SEC schools have much lower academic standards than those around the country.
    I think this also factors in to it.

Plus, all of the accusations of stealing and off the field non football related incidents is higheer for FSU.

Everyoone knows these athletes get money or gifts. I doubt there is a high profile program around that doenst have that going on.
    Last edited by Dooch; 10-09-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Anyone else notice that Florida rarely ever leaves the Southeast region to play other big schools during the season?

Atleast Texas, USC, and Ohio St will take the challenge rather than facing FIU or Middle Tennesse St all the time

Banned

Plus they play in the weaker of the two SEC divisions.

But they will claim that the SEC is so tough, they shouldnt play anyone else, but that is total BS.

Then they will claim the SEC championship and all that.

But truthfully, Florida, Bama and LSU are the only real threats, and to me, LSU isn't for real this year anyway.

rich rod is a dumbass for putting denard in for that drive. brilliant move to put a guy who cant throw in a position where he needs to throw. every time he runs and doesnt get a first down the clock keeps running and they had no timeouts. did he really expect that kid to engineer a less than 2 minute drive with no timeouts without being able to throw?

IDIOT!

Banned

I was wondering about that. Did Forcier get hurt???

They tout that kid like he is the second coming, but then he's not in there the final few drives, after he orchestrated comebacks in the past.

maybe he was hurt.

Either way LOL @ Michigan and Dick Rod

I'm a little concerned with Texas sleep-walking through the first half of games this year. It always end up the same way, we play like we should be playing in the second half and whoever ends up decimated

the box score from last night
    1 2 3 4 T
    COLO (1-4) 7 7 0 0 14
    #2 TEX (5-0) 3 7 14 14 38

I want to see first halfs that match the second.

On a side note, Florida is setting a bad example for the rest of the nation as it looks like Mack Brown is picking up some of their habits.

We play Central Florida on November 7th ahahahaha, I don't remember us ever scheduling a pre-season game that late

yall see the polls today? wtf is up with us @ #3 and not losing a game?^I know its got a lot to do with the issues I mentioned in this last post but still. Do Florida and Alabama play each other this year? I'm going to be fucking livid if we get robbed two years in a row.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Youre a fool if u honestly think Texas is better or deserves to be ahead of Flordia or Alabama