Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Boise St. going for that national championship.
    boise's schedule is a joke. they would need every other team to have 2 loses to have a chance.

the way the system is set up its virtually impossible for teams like boise to get in. the top college teams wont go anywhere near those games as winning them gets them nothing and losing those games would be a fatal blow to their season. high risk, no reward.

is is what it is.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

I almost think that Boise would be better off joining the Pac 10. Atleast they would be looked at as a serious contender if they maintained such a good record

why not? they go undefeated every other year in that cupcake conference they're in and if they think they're so worthy to be champions they can join a BCS conference and play some quality competition more than once a year in a bowl game. its the only way they're gonna get a game with any of the top schools.

Banned

if boise wants to be taken seriously they need to start scheduling seriously.

Play a powerhouse in your non conference, beat them, and all of this is put to rest.

They will never get a shot as long as they play in t hat conference and dont schedule big time OOC opponents.

^^florida and texas play 2 or 3, sometimes 4 quality opponents every year while teams from the pac10, big10, and ACC have a cupcake schedule if they dont schedule that one tough OOC game.

why should florida and texas add another tough game when they already have those games?
    Last edited by THE W; 10-22-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Banned

^ thats utter bullshit.

USC and Ohio State schedule toiugh OOC matcups.

the only thing i will give the SEC and Big 12 is the conference championship.

But other than that, both conferences are overhyped in terms of depth right now.

OUtside of Bama and Florida there is no top tier team in the SEC.

LSU's offense is a joke...who else??

Vandy, Miss St, Tenn, Ole Miss, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, SC, Arkansas... None of these teams is great and the secondary's in the Pac 10 and Big 10 could all hold there own no problem.

There have been years were certain conferences are stronger. Just 4 years ago Ohio State and Michigan were 1 and 2.

I dont buy this SEC stuff. Its all hype. Florida is the big shot, everyone else is just riding their coattails

Boise St. to the Pac-10 ONLY makes sense for football. While I care about football more than other sports, overall athletically and academically Boise St. wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    ^ thats utter bullshit.

the only thing i will give the SEC and Big 12 is the conference championship.

But other than that, both conferences are overhyped in terms of depth right now.

OUtside of Bama and Florida there is no top tier team in the SEC.

LSU's offense is a joke...who else??

Vandy, Miss St, Tenn, Ole Miss, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, SC, Arkansas... None of these teams is great and the secondary's in the Pac 10 and Big 10 could all hold there own no problem.

There have been years were certain conferences are stronger. Just 4 years ago Ohio State and Michigan were 1 and 2.

I dont buy this SEC stuff. Its all hype. Florida is the big shot, everyone else is just riding their coattails
    Finally someone who knows what theyre talking about

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    when did i say they didnt? they have to schedule that game because without it they dont play anyone all year. their conference schedules are soft.

florida plays just as many tough games and sometimes more tough games in conference. why should they schedule more?

Other than Bama they wont be playing any other "tough teams"

they already played LSU, so by the end of the year they will have played 2, both in conference.

Banned

ANy what???

if your Michigan, you play Ohio State and Penn State every year including whoever they play out of conference.

The only thing hurting the big Ten lately is that Michigan has been down.

But, like i said a few years ago, Ohio State was playing Texas, Michigan and Penn State. And intermittently Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin have all had solid teams.

You can say this for pretty much all the power conferences.

If you want to talk shit about the ACC since the departure of Miami and Va Tech you can.

You can even rag on the Pac 10 but i dont buy that either.

I just dont think the SEC is far and away better.

Because truthfully, if you look at Florida's division in the SEC it aint shit.

Georgia, SC, Kentucky, Vandy......

Georgia is the Notre Dame of the south..always overrated. SC, Kentucky and Vandy.....cupcakes.

Tennessee has fallen off hard....like Michigans but much worse.

Now look at the other division....

ALabama is having a great year but they just came back into prominence and really havent even arrived quite yet.

LSU has been a solid program under Miles.

Miss St. is a joke

Auburn has had some good years but has been more down than up

Ole Miss same as Auburn but not quite as good

Arkansas is just a middle of the road team.

So really, like the Big Ten, for example, its like 3 teams, some up and down teams and your perenniel cellar dwellars.

The thing SEC has going for them is they have won the National Championships, so hey, more power to them.

Their champions have not been overhyped but their conference competition has been.

Im not saying its not good and great players dont come out of the SEC, im just saying its not even close to being that much better than the Big 12 or 10

my point: people need to stop whining about florida and other SEC teams not scheduling OOC games becuse they play enough hard games in conference every year. same with top teams from the big12.

in conference, OSU last year played penn state, thats it. USC played...nobody. they NEED those OOC games.

Banned

USC and Ohio State both played eachother.

So florida played 2 tough games in conference as opposed to 1???

The SEC not only schedules easy non conference games, they schedule fucking scrimmages basically.

ANd the Big 12....give me a break....its Texas and Oklahoma.....Nebraska fell off, so did Colorado....Tech is decent, but Ohio State was playin Tech OOC a few years back and we used to always beat them.

We BEEN playing OOC schools whether the Big Ten is up or down.

Look I'll give Florida credit, they play Florida State.

My point is that the SEC schedule is no tougher than anyone elses and they should still play legit non conference teams.

Ohio States got Oklahoma, Miami and Va Tech coming up in the next few years. We've played Texas and USC.

This should be done across all of college football. it just makes for a better year.