Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

Default College Football thread.

My school, the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, had there Red-White Spring game yesterday. 57,000 people showed up for it. That's fuckin insane. People are expecting a lot this year from our team. We are the only team in the nation that gets to play both the National Champions, and the National Runner-ups on the road. I know it's early, but around these parts football is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiom
    there you go again bringing up old shit

that was last year, this is this year.

we have a rookie Qb actuaLLy 2 rookies

remember this convo on the last game of the season

when Florida State whoops the Gators ass in Gains

i've got tickets for the game since i'm in tampa

i'LL tape me laughing at you and the gators

have a nice day though

OmO < Idiom
    34-7 you fucking faggot.

I'm reviving the real college football thread, delete that other one

yo, delete this thread, there's already a better college football thread from last year

aka echos

i'm a Miami hurricanes fan

but damn. they sucked against LSU, they looked like they were half-assing the game (Miami Hurricanes)

Props on brining the old one back...

My school, the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers, had there Red-White Spring game yesterday. 57,000 people showed up for it. That's fuckin insane. People are expecting a lot this year from our team. We are the only team in the nation that gets to play both the National Champions, and the National Runner-ups on the road. I know it's early, but around these parts football is life.

At least you don't have to worry about Vince Young this year. If he came back we would have definetly repeated. Texas will be up in the rankings but it's hard to see goin undefeated again with a new QB. Our running game will remain sick though, and we'll be stout on defense again. Fuck it, maybe we will go undefeated for the repeat.

texas athletics is amazing. this year that really had the talent to win men's basketball, football and baseball. i promise you that that has never been done before.

Florida's athletic program is the only comparable one to Texas. We finished 2nd in Baseball (to texas), I think 12th in Football, and obviously won the Basketball. Not to mention all those other smaller sports that Florida is always good in (tennis, golf, gymnastics, etc.)

I gotta give props to Texas though.

There has only been one time where a college had #1 rankings in all three, I think it was Alabama around 1984 or 85, they were RANKED #1 in all three, not necessarily champions

well baseball is juss gettin started g, my Huskers are lookin good

Wu-Tang Supplier bobby_digital_1's Avatar

Default This week in college football -Week 1 2006 season

Whats up everyone, few games, questions, and opinions everyone should share their inputs on. Tomorrow night (8 PM) South Carolina is favored by 6.5 @ Miss St. I'm taking the ol' ball coach in this one, lets not forget about SC's star wide recieve Rice. I think the spread will be beat easy.

North Ill. @ Ohio St (favored 17 points). This could get ugly, Troy Smith is an excellent offensive player, and O. State usually has great D at home.

Cal @ Ten (favored 1.5 points)... Pick your poison, I'm not sure who I would roll with on this one, Tenn had an upsetting season last season, and preseason analysis shows Cal as one of the stoutest teams in the nation... Lil help?

Notre Dame (favored 6.5 points) @ GT, Notre Dame has a lot of hype, but Calvin Johnson is one of the top players in the nation, and Reggie Ball knows how to get it to him... This could be the upset game of the weekend.... I'm taking GT

USC (favored 7.5) @ Ark. No one knows how USC will play without their two best players over the past 3 years... But all they do is when. I dont know if they will beat the spread. I'm taking USC

Floridia St @ Miami (Fav 3.5 points).... Wide right baby, this is my favorite game every year. I'm taking MIA, but I dont think the spread will be broken on this game. This game can break your season, the top 25, your wallet and your heart.

There are plenty more games this weekend, but these are my top watches / bids. Whats your input?

You're taking Miami against FSU... FSU getting 3 1/2? I have to disagree because first of all, UM isn't even playing as a unit. The offensive unit and the defensive unit have been fighting all camp long and Kyle Wright couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel in the middle of Saudi Arabia. This my LOCK OF THE DECADE. FSU over UM. Put the fucking HOUSE on this one, FSU will win it 20-14.

As for S. Car giving 6 1/2, I'd have to take them as well. Car should win this one pretty big, but then again I wouldn't be surprised to see Miss. St win it 16-13.

FIU vs. Middle Tenn., not listed, but the money line is even. I would also put FIU as a lock to upset.

Notre Dame is hyped every year.

Doesnt mean the hype isnt true.

I know that Johnson dude is a player, but ND has a star receiver of their own. Not to mention a star QB, RB, and a offensive line that will be playing Sundays in the future.
    Plus a offensive genius as a coach.

Half the country loves ND, other half hates them. Media is the same way
    Personally, I thought the Irish proved themselves when they took on the almighty USC last year and took it to Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush only to be cheated out of a victory.

But back to GT.
    I dont see anything about their defense to make me think they have a chance.

I love the Miami-Florida St games.
    I love how they play early too.
    Rival games to START the series is all but forgotton now days.
    I just hate how there is always a hurricane this time of the year in Florida

FSU has won once the past 5 or 6 years and that was a OT game that Miami should of pulled out of. Miami has offseason problems every year. This year being no exception so I wouldnt put much stock into that. FSU has QB problems just as much and that effects the game much more than anything else
    Miami is gonna surprise some people this year

Might even be a Notre Dame / Miami National Championship
    ~ Stoned Is The Way Of The Walk ~

Wu-Tang Supplier bobby_digital_1's Avatar

You cant really trust S. Car because of what happened to them in the bowl games last season, remember this Mizzo game? Blew a huge first half lead and went on to loose. Southern Cal deffinatly cheated last year, fuck those pussies. ND is over rated bro, they didnt beat a top 25 team at all last season... They got smashed in the bowl games. Anyone have any input on the Ten Vs. Cal game?? You can never forget about FSU vs MIA, but MIA is at home, tuff stadium. They have new coaches, but some start players will be out for both teams..... Its tempting, but I dont want to waste 100$ on a 3.5 point spread since these usually come down to a blown field goal. Thanks for the imput guys, lets keep it going, plenty of games to discuss as the weekend goes along.

FSU and Miami was a great game last night. As usual, Miami faced adversity with a few suspended players (including starting RB) and their backup has a decent game including a touchdown. So much talent was displayed during this game.. biggest probably Buster Davis. Now that FSU's core DB group is in the NFL, Davis should shine. Wasn't impressed with the play calling for FSU (What else is new in the past 5 years?) but yet their defense put their heart out there and KEPT their offense in the game. I actually went out after Miami punted at the end of the 3rd probably within one minute of the last quarter and came back to see the last two minutes so I missed FSU's scores after it was 3-10 but their last defensive stand was impressive. Also, who saw Kyle Wright get knocked the fuck out on the sideline before the half? He got up so fast I knew he was dizzy. May not have been the most spectacular game as in the past, but this game was great and deserved to be played on Labor Day night.

I was surprised Notre Dame pulled it out against Tech. They just got no offense. If they did, they'd have beaten Notre Dame 30-14 or 13 whatever Dame won with. Can't wait until Miami plays these dudes. At least I think they play. Them or FSU. Should be good.

And tough luck for Michael Bush. Three touchdowns in the first half before breaking his leg. He could have been in the race again for Heisman. I had Kentucky that game getting 22 and a half though, lost big time, but Kentucky made a surprising push at the end of the 1st half. I knew then that then Louisville would really put it on, and they did.

Ohio State vs. Texas next week. That's the marque. In the Horse Shoe, Buckeye.. whatever they call that big fucking house Ohio State plays in, they should put a beatdown on Texas. I like Ohio State big time. And I heard a starting Freshman DB was arrested for weed possesion Monday, so that's a blow for Texas' DB's against Ginn who should light their ass up.

Peace.

^They're playing @ the 40 acres. We took it to 'em at the horseshoe last year. Should be a good match up. UT's ground game is gonna be the difference. You heard it hear first.

Support the Real. Click HERE