Thread: Does the majority in your area (European place) likes American Football?

Default Does the majority in your area (European place) likes American Football?

Just wondering, because I think they'll have a NFL game in London I think.
    My name starts with the letter "B," so I came up with bizzlez.

no not really, sum ppl watch it but u dnt get ppl who are fans of the game. the game is too complicated and has too many stops in it. europeans like a game to carry on, reason why rugby union is more popular than rugby league. in union even if the player is floored the game carries on. with american football whenever a mans down the games stops and takes another 2 minutes to restart.

for the nfl game in london ppl will turn out to watch but i highly doubt that they will make a league in england and have different teams. interest for the games will be low. it would be hard for american football to breakthrough in europe espiecially england because of rugby.

Wu Vatican

ive kind of always wondered this being an american.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
    no not really, sum ppl watch it but u dnt get ppl who are fans of the game. the game is too complicated and has too many stops in it. europeans like a game to carry on, reason why rugby union is more popular than rugby league. in union even if the player is floored the game carries on. with american football whenever a mans down the games stops and takes another 2 minutes to restart.

for the nfl game in london ppl will turn out to watch but i highly doubt that they will make a league in england and have different teams. interest for the games will be low. it would be hard for american football to breakthrough in europe espiecially england because of rugby.
    so when you watch it yourself do you get whats going on? I barely have a clue at all whats up with either Rugby or crickett. I'm wondering if it works both ways.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Crazy Optician.

Yea American football for me is such a fuckin boring sport to watch. stop start stop start. and Baseball WTF!!!! even worse. The only american sport i can watch and enjoy is ice hockey. im from Liverpool UK if ure wondering where in Europe im from

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

^^ Real impossible to guess, LOL

Ginnsey Join Date: Jul 2005

On the topic - nah I don't watch it. I don't get the rules, and yeah, I hate that stop-start-stop-start.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen View Post
    so when you watch it yourself do you get whats going on? I barely have a clue at all whats up with either Rugby or crickett. I'm wondering if it works both ways.
    i do get whats going on but i get annoyed at all the pauses in the game. i cant get into the game. i would like to play it though it seems fun. but as for watching it though its jus boring. but that also goes for cricket to i cant stand that game. and i dnt really watch rugby jus like to play it. over here soccer dominates. in the meditarranian and eastern europe basketball is also popular.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnsey View Post
    Yea American football for me is such a fuckin boring sport to watch. stop start stop start. and Baseball WTF!!!! even worse. The only american sport i can watch and enjoy is ice hockey. im from Liverpool UK if ure wondering where in Europe im from
    Yea, I honestly think thats its just matters were you grow up. If you grew up here in America, you would love football and prolly not soccer.

Most Americans consider Football great, and Soccer boring.

I love Football with a passion. I dont really care about soccer too much, but I love the World Cup.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Yea, I honestly think thats its just matters were you grow up. If you grew up here in America, you would love football and prolly not soccer.

Most Americans consider Football great, and Soccer boring.

I love Football with a passion. I dont really care about soccer too much, but I love the World Cup.

its definatly an american thing to be the macho tough guy and thats what football is all about. i like things about it, but overall i think its kinda gay. a stupid premise. i cant stand how they score a touchdown go to commerical, kick the extra point go to commerical, have the kickoff go to commerical. its the perfect sport for advertising.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

its all football and rugby in the uk

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

No. I'm not a fan, I even dont know all the rules, and it aint something special to my country. Watched a few games, every friday was a game, i watched it sometimes, but it aint so popular round' here...
    I C.R.E.A.M