Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wu in Birmingham, UK on July 6th

Default Wu in Birmingham, UK on July 6th

I was just looking at Ticketmaster and saw this. It doesn't give many details, does anybody know anything about this? Here is the link to Ticketmaster
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist..._header_search

Also, here is the link to the website of the venue. They list it as Wu Tang Clan "plus support". they also give a link to Wu Corp!
    http://www.birmingham-academy.co.uk/

Anyone plan on going to this? I really want to but Birmingham is a long way away and I am only 15, so don't have a car or any way of getting there. And I'm not exactly going to go with my mum and dad.

I live in Reading which is south of Birmingham, i'm defintely gonna try get to this event but my knowledge of it is just as vague as your's. i'll check it out later, the day i see the wu is the day i wet my pant's as a full grown adult, how fucking sad am i.
    She thinks her brown body has no glory.
    If she could dance naked, under palm trees.
    And see her image in the river, she would know. But there are no palm trees, on the street. "The Holocaust / Warcloud"

Lol I would really love to go, it's only £18.50 and there are loads of tickets, they just went up on sale today. I just asked my mum to take me as a sort of joke and she took me seriously and said, "Well I can drop you off and you can go in there and I'll come and pick you up afterwards", but I'm not going to go to a Wu concert on my own lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean101 View Post
    Lol I would really love to go, it's only £18.50 and there are loads of tickets, they just went up on sale today. I just asked my mum to take me as a sort of joke and she took me seriously and said, "Well I can drop you off and you can go in there and I'll come and pick you up afterwards", but I'm not going to go to a Wu concert on my own lol.
    Don't you have anybody you can take, a friend, even if he ain't down with the wu, i'm sure you could crag his ass along, he'll prolly love the wu more than you after the concert.
    She thinks her brown body has no glory.
    If she could dance naked, under palm trees.
    And see her image in the river, she would know. But there are no palm trees, on the street. "The Holocaust / Warcloud"

Yeah I suppose could but I don't really want to go up there with my mum lol. I'm going to ask around at school, also my friends older brother is a hardcore Wu fan, I'll see if I can go with him, we get along well, and he'll have a car by then

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I'm desperate to go to this I live only 1/2 hour from there and I ve been to the academy quite a few times, but im booking to be out of the country on that date. sucks, just like last time I bought tickets to see them at the hammersmith in 2004 but I didnt read the dates right on the ticket and I ended up being in Portugal while the gig was happenen!

but this is probably my last ever chance to see them live, I need to get there

Scew going on holiday, this is WU TANG!

Has anybody found out any more details on this yet, I have looked but can't find anything.

ha i have the same problem im 15 and live in bristol ima try and get a mate to come, tho none of them like the wu

They need to do south england.

Wu UK

SeeTickets now ses its in Manchester and not Birmingham! I bought my tickets whilst it sed Birmingham!

Wu UK

Apparently the venue has changed due to production issues at the Birmingham Academy. It will now take place on the same night (06/07/06) at the Manchester Appollo. There are now seating tickets available <<<<<<<<<<<<< atmosphere is never as good when seats are added! I was at the Apollo last week and its a very old building and kinda has a grimey and dark feel to it, could set a good mood!

What's wrong with London? Manchester is like double the distance to Birmingham. It takes about 4 hours. It's also an extra £2.50
    Last edited by Sean; 03-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

This totally ****** sucks!! Manchesters miles away from anywhere, they may aswell of gone to newcastle.

And who the hell wants to sit down at a Wu gig? smh

Hopefully they'll do another show in London or something, I'm not going to Manchester.

I was already excited bout goin to watch Wu in Birmingham but now they comin to my home town!! the manchester apollo is a great venue been a few times, everyone in the crowd is right near the stage as its not a big venue, all Wu heads in UK need to go to this cos Wu wont be in UK many more times, wherever u are in UK its easy to get a train to Manchester and Carling Apollo is right near train station, if anyone needs to i could give the number to a affordable B & B.

Im so buzzing about this! i missed them in London but aint missing this for nothin!!
    -----------------------