View Poll Results: what do you rank this album?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 classic

2 5.26%
  • 4 great

10 26.32%
  • 3 average /good

18 47.37%
  • 2 fair

7 18.42%
  • 1 poor

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest : View from Masada

Default Killah Priest : View from Masada

This has to be one of the most confusing follow-ups of all time....
    Following an unbelievable debut is hard to do, but most dont try to change their style almost completely to pander to rec execs... cause thats what killah priest must have done here. he proudly mocks all the tupac and biggie wannabes but strangely much of this album sounds like a tupac album. Rza's surrealistic beats have disappeared and were replaced by commercial hip hop ones, and there are way fewer obscure religious references as in the debut, most puzzling is a lack of wu generals on this album or very many references to the wu......but thats not to say that this album doesn't have good music, it does, it is just not very wu. i know this disc probably disappointed many killah fans but to the casual hip hop listener this may have been a very good album. so without further ado i will attempt to give this album as objective a rating as i can, so it may be higher than some expect....

2. view of masada: 5 /best track on here per se, reminds me of nas it was written
    3. hard times: 4 /good lyrics but wrong mood for them
    4. maccabean revolt interlude 3/nice....rhymes
    5. maccabean revolt 4/ nice little beat good lyrics
    6. gotta eat 4/ mafioso style revisited
    7. whut part of the game? 5/sick beat, so this is killa priest?
    8. im with that 4?/if only they played killah priest at parties?
    9. bop your head 4/great lyrics carry this song not a bus fan
    10. rap legend 4/coulda come stronger on the beat but maybe he shud write u'eys hooks?
    and now the album goes to shit.....
    11. places ive been 2/too much crap thrown on the beat unlistenable
    12. when will we learn 3/im thinking like brendas got a baby...keep ya head up
    13. food for thought 1/ what is this mumbo-jumbo?
    14. live by the gun 1/bababababullshit rip off of bone thugs what the fuck killah? this is truly awful
    15. if i die 4/at least there is a somewhat redeeming song on the end of this

score 48 pts -1 for useless intro outro tracks -4(and ive never done this)for not being yourself,for blatantly ripping off your peers,and basically for being a hypocrite

=43/14=3.1 or average at best

good luck rating this album yourselves

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i gave it a 2...

im a tremendous fan of Killah Priest...hes my 2nd or 3rd fav in all of Wu..

but this album is weak...the title track is fuckin great, Maccabean Revolt is pretty good and then every other song is either mediocre are bad....

the lyrics are pretty much great throughout but the beats (and some annoying choruses) are terrible n make listening unbearable sometimes..

Veteran Member

I enjoyed most of this album. The first half was good and second half was alright View from Masada is my favorite song on the album he painted poetic pictures and I liked the beat and the guitar strings. That song reminded me of his verse on Beneath the surface.

I actually like this album VERY much. And still rock it alot even. Yup, it aint like the first but so what, he still keeps it very real. If you don't get or understand the INTRO to the album (view from masada) at the very beggining of the album then you won't know where he's coming from.

At the beggining he starts saying some deep shit, plus said something like "Priest a nigga that has been torn, worn, and schorched, damn near crucified !, BUT still I RISE." Not sure of all the exact words right now off the top of my head. But he was coming real with it on this album and I don't care what anyone says I am definetly feeling him on it.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

diddnt just blaze do most of those tracks??? cant really remember

wuswordz95

well it seems like this album sucks. what a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    well it seems like this album sucks. what a disappointment

Unless you heard it for yourself you couldn't really be sure of that, don't always go by what other people say. And it all depends on what your into. Priest kept it real on this album, and all the TRUE Priest fans know and can understand where he was coming from with this one.

How many remember this video ????

This video alone right here off the album View from Masada came out telling the truth and Exposing all the funney bunnies. 'WHUT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT ?!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ty_GCJpJUM

i got this album on the last day of first semester i was in highschool, i remember walking to school from the shop,i heard the title track and thought i was listening to a classic, and then it just fell off alot until the track with ras kass which i listened to on repeat the rest of the way haha

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1 View Post
    Unless you heard it for yourself you couldn't really be sure of that, don't always go by what other people say. And it all depends on what your into. Priest kept it real on this album, and all the TRUE Priest fans know and can understand where he was coming from with this one.
    my question is, if he is keeping it real as you say, why on the album do i hear about 10 tracks that sound like other rappers and their styles, can't deny musically this is a pretty good album, i can get down, but it is infuriating that he claims to be keeping it real and the "real" killah priest barely shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    my question is, if he is keeping it real as you say, why on the album do i hear about 10 tracks that sound like other rappers and their styles, can't deny musically this is a pretty good album, i can get down, but it is infuriating that he claims to be keeping it real and the "real" killah priest barely shows up.

Being real means being yourself. That's what being real means to me. Being who you are right here and now. You can't live in the past. That's life nothing ever stays the same. And if you try to remain absolutely completely the same and never change, than that is like not allowing yourself to grow and live. Trying to live in the past is like being dead or something when your your not, that is being fake or not keeping it real. You must allow yourself to be whatever it is you are now. Keeping it real with who you really are right here and now that's keeping it real. SO, Priest was not trying to be something he is not on this album. Instead he just did what he really felt like doing and that is keeping it real. If some people didn't like it fine, but he wasn't being fake. He was being himself, even if that is not what some people liked or wanted to hear from him. You can't live in the past. Times are always changing. It's new timez.

thats a whole lot of rhetoric there, my question is this, IF HE'S TRYING TO BE HIMSELF, WHY DOES HE SOUND LIKE NAS, 2PAC, BONE THUGZ, AND EVERY1 ELSE ON THIS ALBUM? look at heavy mental, look at priesthood, both unbelievably original albums. there is almost nothing original on here.

he sounds like tupac on priesthood, too

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    thats a whole lot of rhetoric there, my question is this, IF HE'S TRYING TO BE HIMSELF, WHY DOES HE SOUND LIKE NAS, 2PAC, BONE THUGZ, AND EVERY1 ELSE ON THIS ALBUM? look at heavy mental, look at priesthood, both unbelievably original albums. there is almost nothing original on here.

Because they are who really feels the most maybe. And he sounds like Priest to me even if he is using other stylez. He actually even flipped thier stylez in terms of using those peoples styles that you named. Priest has one of the greatest voices in the game IMO because it is so dark and deep. Very Masculine voice perfect for hardcore rapping. Name another rap artist with a deep dark voice like Priest has ?? It makes him sound even more ferocious when he kicks some hardcore raps or whatever he spits even. And about him flipping other peoples stlyez that he was feeling. Love is love. Every and all rap artists have influences and if that's what he really feels in his heart than his feelings are real that's all that matters. You can't deny what you really feel if it is what you really feel. If his feelings are real than that's all that matters.

Thumbs up cool beans kid

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1 View Post
    Because they are who really feels the most maybe. And he sounds like Priest to me even if he is using other stylez. He actually even flipped thier stylez in terms of using those peoples styles that you named. Priest has one of the greatest voices in the game IMO because it is so dark and deep. Very Masculine voice perfect for hardcore rapping. Name another rap artist with a deep dark voice like Priest has ?? It makes him sound even more ferocious when he kicks some hardcore raps or whatever he spits even. And about him flipping other peoples stlyez that he was feeling. Love is love. Every and all rap artists have influences and if that's what he really feels in his heart than his feelings are real that's all that matters. You can't deny what you really feel if it is what you really feel. If his feelings are real than that's all that matters.
    i agree with every thing you said after you started talking about his voice,
    thanx for reppin priest and Wu.