Thread: The Ring

FRESH FISH

Default The Ring

I saw this movie for the first time on regular TV, Monday night. I'm thinking, this is going to be edited crazy, but here's my chance to finally see the movie. Mind you, I never saw the movie, I just heard how scarey it was.

This movie gave me fucking nightmares. I even slept with the hallway light on. Those images of the cousin and father (of the little boy) face kept replaying in my head. If the edited version scare the shit out me, I can imagine how frightened the unedited version must be, and the original Japanese version.

Default Re: The Ring

it aint that scary...its a ok movie.. i like dawn of the dead better.....if u want scary go rent evil dead...the first one.....thats got some scary parts in it

FRESH FISH

Maybe, I was so shook, because I never saw the film, and I was watching it in the dark.

Take a look at the original "RING" . Fucking great. And the original "Dark Water", a masterpiece (I'm talking about the japanase movies).

Yea The Ring is a freaky ass movie ill tell you that much

FRESH FISH

Take a look at the original "RING" . Fucking great. And the original "Dark Water", a masterpiece (I'm talking about the japanase movies).

Can you find these in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by dns

Can you find these in the U.S.
    Yep sure. The american title of "Ring" is "RINGU". And the american title of "Dark Water" is..."Dark Water" . The both movies are directing by Nakata.

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f
    it aint that scary...its a ok movie.. i like dawn of the dead better.....if u want scary go rent evil dead...the first one.....thats got some scary parts in it
    Ah, no offence but I gotta disagree on that.

I like Evil Dead, they're one of my favorite horror flicks ever, in the splatter genre that is.if you wanna get realy scared, you gotta watch the ghost movies like Ringu or Ju-On.

Evil Dead is good for a laugh, only the first movie was meant to be a bit scary, but it turned out hilarious, that's why Sam Raimi made the two other movies more funny then creepy.
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

Veteran Member

yeah i agree Evil Dead ain't too scary by 2days standared but back in the say people were frightned of it

Personally i prefered the remake of the Ring series (1&2) Thought they remade them very well

The Eye is another good film which you should check out

I thought it would be good but it was shitte
    Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.-Malcolm X

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
    Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk

Veteran Member

the ring all depends on your surroundings. for example, i live DEEP in the woods, and there is a well across from my house.

i think ive made my point.

movies that take everyday shit (bad reception on television) and turn them into scary ass shit are the best.

aka Ol Dirty...

I'ma get home, I'ma get there, Make it back even if im caught out there....

FUCKIN BOSTON!

when i was a kid the first pet cemitary freacked me out......i know one were i will jumped to in some parts.... if the tv is loud and its a dark room...6 sense..when the ghost just pop up out of nowhere and walk past the screen