Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Splenda will NOT kill you (everything in moderation)

Default Splenda will NOT kill you (everything in moderation)

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1188638
    http://www.dhmo.org/

check it, after reading palehorses article on it "exploding" I checked into it, since that article had some bad reasoning to it

of course we should always minimize the amount of artificial stuff we take in, but saying that even a little splenda is deadly was flat out bs, of course if you are taking in tons it will kill you, so will most artificial things

as for a replacement for sugar, in a diet with minimal sugar to begin with, its not going to give you tumors

one
    Last edited by zeppelin2k; 03-21-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

No Father to my stench

Default ddddddd

thats like saying crack cocaine is okay in moderation

splenda is straight poison and more poisonous than refined sugar which is the biggest drug on the planet

eye think your post is rather irresponsible...if you eating sugar and splenda then you are setting up your children to be lifelong sugar addicts!!!!!!!!
    I know a plethora of people who are addicted to sugar...this is no joke.....it should be illigal

Grade B Maple Syrup or Agave nectar are deeelishous....just as sweet as the drug sugar if not more and good for your health

eye buy these big cookies at the health food store for 1.88 and they are fuckin delish and they contain no sugar or gluten or animal products

thats NOT like saying crack coke is okay in moderation

it is like saying splenda is okay in moderation

show me some better studies that show a serving of splenda in a healthy diet will kill you

and I dont care if you buy cookies at a health store, that has nothing to do with anything

what about sweet and low
    i use that stuff every day in the morn with my tea
    5 times a week like 2 packs per time

No Father to my stench

Default dddd

crack and splenda are both poison dummy

what els is a good replacment that is free

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

people dying from splenda? this fucking retarted. Why do people want to live for ever......

No Father to my stench

Default dddd

sugar/splenda and salt is the biggest drug on the planet and the true GATEWAY drug....you are really irresponsible trying to fool people into believing that splenda is ok....eye feel sorry for your children who gonna likely have a LIFE LONG SUGAR ADDICTION....everyone eye know in real life is addicted to sugar and when you tell them to get off it they react like an alcoholic would and make up exuses.....just say no

sugar along with westernized christianity was used to subdue the original man!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knowcheeze View Post
    sugar/splenda and salt is the biggest drug on the planet and the true GATEWAY drug....you are really irresponsible trying to fool people into believing that splenda is ok....eye feel sorry for your children who gonna likely have a LIFE LONG SUGAR ADDICTION....everyone eye know in real life is addicted to sugar and when you tell them to get off it they react like an alcoholic would and make up exuses.....just say no

sugar along with westernized christianity was used to subdue the original man!!!!!!
    dude ur talking a lot of dumb shit that isnt even true

dont feel sorry for anyone but yourself

you realize how stupid what you are saying is, when did I ever say excessive amounts of sugar is good for you, I didnt

show me some studies that say splenda is going to kill you, if you cant then shut up with your comparison of someone having sugar in a healthy diet with alcoholism

palehorse is the only one who showed any study that says splenda is bad, I showed plenty of studies that show both sides

no one has said go and have 2-3 packets of splenda a day, and if you knew anything about nutrition you would know that there are times where the body NEEDS sugar

before you go completely ANTI something, research both sides of the spectrum, until then you are going to keep looking like you know nothing

one

the air you breath is worse than the splenda....lawls....and some of you drink beers all the time and your worried about splenda

What about Roger's best Brown sugar?

Everything that makes somebody feel good first thing in the day contains this drug called sugar I'm realising from this thread. Even Grapefruit needs brown sugar on top.
    Break fast is served

I think it's kinda hard to definitely say that splenda is perfectly safe, when there are no long term studies on it? How long has it been available to the public? A real short time.

There is a popular natural substance called Stevia, that doesn't affect blood sugar levels like sugar, and it's supposed to be a lot sweeter than sugar. So you don't need to use much of it.

By the way, how can people stand the taste of those fake sugars? Those diet drinks have a weird taste, and then you get an aftertaste afterwards.

stevia has also been shown to be bad for you in studies

on top of that, just like you said, it DOESNT effect blood sugar levels, and thats a bad thing when you want to elevate blood sugar levels, which is where splenda comes in, it has no calories and still has the effects of sugar

as for palehorse's post, I agree that studies can be biased, but dont you think the sugar companies would want to help fund these anti-splenda studies as well? they are fucked either way

the best way is to just look at the facts and the sample sizes, and see where the funding comes from

the site I linked to, has articles on both spectrums of the argument, which is why I posted it

alright, I came through that shit a while back, about fructose not being all that great for you. nothing as bad as those studies you mentioned about splenda being bad, but I will look if I can find them again

**edit

I found some of the stevia things, and they dont say they are negative for you- killing you wise- it is just useless when it comes to restoring glycogen in your body when you need it. compared to suagr or splenda

as for this splenda debate, I take enough of the stuff, so if I end up "exploding", I'll let y'all know lol

and as for what is BAD for you. I think alcohol, weed, cigarettes, excess sugar, tran fat, corn syrup, and a whole shitload of stuff is a lot higher on the risk list than splenda will ever be

one
    Last edited by zeppelin2k; 03-25-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Of course the body can take anything in moderation depending on its tolerance. lol @ comparing Splenda tolerance to cocaine.

It is true that a lot of these artificial sweeteners have some negative aspect to them. All sugars can be neglected...someones you get a sweet craving and all your body really needs is a piece of fruit.

I read enough health studies and especially today so many different things are discovered. I can't help but notice working in a grocery store how all these health fads effect everything. Just like last year when beef was considered a good meat....then bad again...same as turkey. Look at the price of pomegranates these days because of its health benefits!

Sorry to go more general in this specific thread but it has examples anyway. I like the quote, Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint.- Mark Twain.