Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wu Tang Manchester Apollo 6th July

Swollen Member

this show was sick as fuck.....wu tang take their place as the g.o.a.t.

I dont think the Apollo has ever seen a show soooo fuckin WILD man!! Best concert there ever!!! Ghost and Meth were runin the show!!!!! Ghost is definately the illest live out of the Wu, meth brought the energy to the show sprayin the crowd with water!! Cappa shuda bin there i wanted 2 hear winter wars man!!! Still amazing, but those fucking tramps that were picked out to go chill were all nasty and ugly. They didnt come for wu tang meth got it right when he referred to the real fans!! Anyone talk to that short brummie lad who was an MC, he was good man.
    ANYONE GOT PICS POST THEM UP HERE!!

That was THE best show iv ever seen (or even heard bout) in my life.... everyone i know who went to 1 said it was sick.... & im sure manchester was the only place who got exclusives.....

Id go back 2moro, im still smilin bout it now...

Veteran Member

I'd like to see pictures please

Pics, Pics, Pics.

Shotta Rap

I was there. Show was bangin', fuck a smokin' ban, didn't stop me blazin' reefers up in there.

Wu Tang tore the place down. I was near the front right, good view. I quite liked Masta Killa's hoodie, reminded me of Mortal Kombat.

Anybody remember when 4th Chamber came on and security almost kicked some people out from the balcony (it looked like that to me)? Rza and Meth telling security "he's cool!!". I agree that the venue intensified things cos the place went absolutely mental.

Meth also got the crowd to wish RZA and Inspectah Deck happy birthday. (NB: wrote this before checking the video clip)

About the new stuff, I thought the 1st guy was QTip as well (the chorus sounded like "Don't go against the grain" to me) so it probably is.

During the gig I got a bit thirsty but didnt want to queue for water as the line at the bar was too big by then. Could've used some water during the gig, went to the burger van at the end, waiting 10-15 min before finally getting served, finishing my chips and water before realising that the Wu were indeed boarding the red tour buses nearby !!! When I got there, Masta Killa was sitting in the bus near the driver and someone was shaking his hand. Just I was holding my hand out to reach his, the bouncer comes along and shuts the door. Gutted. Still, I could make out Ghostface waving back at the few of us standing outside so I waved at the bus.

Still, fanstastic night, altho reading about other people meeting them up close at the end makes me feel ill. Lucky bastards.

A few of my mates saw them at T in the Park as well, if I had a ticket for that I would go as well. Wu Tang is worth seeing again and again and again.

Please come back soon.
    Last edited by Deen; 07-13-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Shotta Rap

Oh yeah, the support act was called HoodMan, not Hoodlum, whoever said that.

They was aight, pretty good. Nice punchlines.

"Get on ya knees like ya name was Neil" ...Haha

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Im happy for you guys who got to see it but youre making me feel physically sick that I could be there, would it of been worth me paying 400 pound for a flight home to see it? I thihnk i know the answer..

fuck...cant beleive this man, in my home country and i couldnt be there...feel like SHIT!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

please tell me someone took videos aswell, come on MAKE ME FEEL WORSE! i can take it, its ok, i crashed my motorbike and screwed up my foot this week so I need cheering up

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech Da WildKard View Post
    Oh yeah, the support act was called HoodMan, not Hoodlum, whoever said that.

They was aight, pretty good. Nice punchlines.

"Get on ya knees like ya name was Neil" ...Haha
    However gud their lines are u know they cant beat the Wu's one liners
    "I scream on ya ass like ya dad!"

Does anyone know the make of the t shirt meth was wearin?
    The one that had the dollar bill on it
    "another day another dollar same hustle or something"