Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Manchester Apollo 6th July

believe me CASHRULES same like me DD I read in other topic that they came about 9 and rocked the stage till 11 :/ so just 2 hours [=

Can't believe it. My life peaks today as I am going to see Wu-Tang Clan in concert. From tomoro until I die I'll be depressed lol

IT WAS FUCKING BIG!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT>. 4 me that was just too much... WUUU TANGGG WUUU TANNGG

Yo!,the concert was big,manchester was in full effect...they even played there new single plus some new album tracks,sounds fresh...the new single sounds like the 2nd track on de la soul- the impossible mission cd.
    BREAK BEAT FANATIC,CRATES DEEP IN ATTICS...THE ABBOT PULL OUT A 45 ,LOOP THE STATIC

Last night was fuckin hectic!!! The girl next to me stuffed her face into Meth's crotch! It was crazy, best concert I've ever been to.

The few new songs they did sounded sick!
    The outcome is critical

It was fuckin Godly.

Default manchester appolo

got say abig wu tanga banga last night in manchester for wu tang, fucking amazing close to a 2 hour set, my only problem that they could have some wu wear with them to sell instead of the corny cheap wu shit and qoute overpriced shit lol much love killahill scotland

I just got back from Manchester so here’s my Story Of The Night…

I got to the venue at about 6.45ish and the queue was fuckin’ MASSIVE!!! Was waiting in the queue for a looooong time, someone was talking about how Redman was apparently goin’ to be the opening act (he wasn’t!) and also some little chav offered me an E or a tablet of some kind! I declined his kind offer, he then proceeded to rip the piss out of some German sounding guy with a big blue body warmer on!!! I was laughing my ass off though in the queue cos A LOT of people still actually thought 8 Diagrams was coming out today!!! I didn’t have the heart to tell them otherwise! Haha!

Anyway, I finally got into the venue and checked out what merchandise there was, not a lot really, no CD’s, No DVD’s, no Programs, just some T’s, caps and some Wu-shirts. I copped the army green T-shirt with the black Wu-logo on the front.

Got pretty close to the front for the warm-up act, not sure who they were, two dudes from Manchester called Hoodman or Hoodlum or sumthing like that! They weren’t too bad, I remember a good line about “meeting Christina Milian, show her my Willy and…”!

FINALLY… time for the main event… Math was on the decks, and the Wu came out all together, with Streetlife, Cappa wasn’t there for some reason! Deck and Rae both had on some cool Inspectah Deck T-Shirts! They started with Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing Ta F’ Wit and the whole place went NUTS!!!!! They played a lot of the old stuff first, I cant remember them all, but they did C.R.E.A.M, Bring The Pain, Knowledge God, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin’, Clan In Da Front, Bring Da Ruckus, Liquid Swords, Shadowboxin’, 4th Chamber, and a whole lot of others! It was fuckin’ vicious down front man, everyone was gettin’ battered, but it was well fuckin’ worth it!!!!

Meth was fuckin’ brilliant, must have dived into the crowd 5 or 6 times during the nite, he got some of us to hold his feet steady so he could stand up on top of us at one point and then went on to finish his verse standing on top of us all! Fookin’ top notch! U-God did Dat’s Gangsta off Redemption. They did Protect Ya Neck and the place went fuckin’ crazy!!! They also did Triumph all the way through, hearing Deck’s verse live was a blessing! Ghost was tryna get a moment of silence for ODB but a lot of mutha fucka’s were still shouting shit! All the lights went out and everyone put their lighters up for ODB! Then Shimmy Shimmy Ya came on and the place went absolutely banana’s!!!!!! GZA was filming shit on his camcorder for most of the concert, is he still filming shit for Wu-Tang Revealed?

Anyway, RZA came to the front and said there would only be one more song… Gravel Pit! The place went nuts again (it isn’t really one of my favourites like!) and then a lot of the members went off stage. RZA took over the decks from Math and Method Man announced that as the crowd had been so live all nite, they were gonna hit us up with an exclusive taster of 8 Diagrams! I swear I soiled myself right about now!!! Ha! Some guy who must have been with the Wu started gettin’ a lot of girls on stage, dunno who he was though (anyone know?) He must have been blind too, or had the beer goggles on cos some of the ladies he got on stage were, to put it politely, very butch!! Anyway, Meth got pissed with this guy and ordered the women off the stage- “nothing against y’all, but we tryna hit up the REAL fans with a taster of the new album!” Meth introduced the first track, which he said is goin’ to be the first single, I think he said it was called Watch Your Mouth or something like that. Beat sounded good but I’m sure it had Q-Tip on it, I couldn’t hear properly but I’m sure he had a verse! It also had GZA and Meth on it, can’t remember whether anyone else was on it. RZA then threw on another beat, a DOPE FUCKIN’ beat with a kung-fu sample but then he cut it off just before the verse kicked in and started laughing! He then played a couple more beats which sounded pretty impressive and then they went off stage.

I made my way out, tried to go as quick as possible cos I spotted a Wu-Tang poster above the doors at the entrance which I wanted to nab, but someone beat me to it by the time I got out! Some guy was selling what he called ‘The Official 2007 Wu-Tang Tour Mixtape’, it looked even faker than Raaddrr Vann!!!!! I managed to haggle so I got one for next to nothing, I’m listening to it now though and so far there’s nothing on here that I haven’t already got!

I started looking around for a taxi so I could get my ass back into town, as I was walking round there was a big crowd of people down the side of the building where everyone was queuing to get in earlier… The Wu were leaving the venue and gettin’ on the two big tour buses! I had brought a lot of my Wu-CD Covers with me on the off chance that I would see any of them afterwards. Deck was the first one I saw, I got him to sign my ‘Resident Patient’ cover, he is one cool cat man! So laid back and chilled! Then I managed to get Masta Killa in the doorway of the tour bus, he was pretty impressed when I showed him my ‘Made In Brooklyn’ cover, a lot of guys were just getting their tickets signed and shit. I got the cover signed, he said much love for supporting and shook my hand, another really cool brother! Whilst I was waiting for Killa to sign my shit there was some guy right behind me shouting ‘LET ME THROUGH! LET ME THROUGH!’ I thought it was just someone tryna push past me to get to Killa until I got mashed out the way by Security and realised it was U-G tryna get past! Haha! He just got straight on the bus, I didn’t see him sign any autographs or talk to anyone, I didn’t see Rae do any signing either, he just got straight on the bus. Next I got GZA to sign my ‘Grandmasters’ cover, he did so and then stole my pen!!! I then got Ghost to sign my ‘Fishscale’ cover but he did it with someone else’s shitty pen so that one don’t look too good. RZA then came out, funny as fuck, he was walking through the crowd like a Killa Bee goin’ buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz! I got out my ‘Birth Of A Prince’ cover but he said he didn’t have a pen, and neither did I seein’ as GZA had just acquired mine!!! I was like ‘SOMEBODY GET THIS DUDE A PEN NOW!!!’ He stopped to talk to us for a few minutes, saying that the album is finished but these things take time and then he got on the bus! I must have missed Meth coming out cos I didn’t see him at all. Streetlife came out last. I didn’t even know he was gonna be there so I didn’t bother bringing the ‘Street Education’ cover, and I didn’t have a pen at that point anyway! GZA was still outside signing shit at that point until some old dude grabbed his arm for some reason and wouldn’t let him past, GZA pushed past but then started beefing with one of the Security Guards as well, so GZA was pissed off for some reason then got on the bus! I then finally got my battered body into a taxi and went back into town and finished the night with a few drinks!!!

All in all, it was a fuckin’ quality night, the whole clan were on top form, the new 8 Diagrams shit that we got a taste of sounds ill, and then being able to talk to some of the Clansmen after wards finished the night off real nice man!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

wow, man, i wish i was there

GREAT TO SEE RZA USING ILL SAMPLES AGAIN..amen

Yeah man, the kung-fu sample sounded sick!! Forgot earlier, but they played Life Changes too, dope track!!!

Lucky twat gettin all them signings! Me and my mate had already walked off down the road to get somethin to eat and then we heard everyone shoutin "WU TANG WU TANG WU TANG", so we legged it towards the tour bus but we got there just as the last member got on the bus, either Streetlife or RZA. There was one lil dude walking round almost in tears saying "I want the RZA, I want the RZA" cos he wanted him to sign his 36 Chambers cover!

I wanna know what the GZA was recording for aswell cos I gotta be on some of the tape cos I was right at the railing near the middle goin wild all night!
    The outcome is critical

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hn1DXnEWc 8 Diagrams preview. Shit quality but better than nothing
    The outcome is critical

I'm thinkin he must still be recording shit for the Wu-Tang Revealed thing.
    Cant think of anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I just got back from Manchester so here’s my Story Of The Night…

I got to the venue at about 6.45ish and the queue was fuckin’ MASSIVE!!! Was waiting in the queue for a looooong time, someone was talking about how Redman was apparently goin’ to be the opening act (he wasn’t!) and also some little chav offered me an E or a tablet of some kind! I declined his kind offer, he then proceeded to rip the piss out of some German sounding guy with a big blue body warmer on!!! I was laughing my ass off though in the queue cos A LOT of people still actually thought 8 Diagrams was coming out today!!! I didn’t have the heart to tell them otherwise! Haha!

Anyway, I finally got into the venue and checked out what merchandise there was, not a lot really, no CD’s, No DVD’s, no Programs, just some T’s, caps and some Wu-shirts. I copped the army green T-shirt with the black Wu-logo on the front.

Got pretty close to the front for the warm-up act, not sure who they were, two dudes from Manchester called Hoodman or Hoodlum or sumthing like that! They weren’t too bad, I remember a good line about “meeting Christina Milian, show her my Willy and…”!

FINALLY… time for the main event… Math was on the decks, and the Wu came out all together, with Streetlife, Cappa wasn’t there for some reason! Deck and Rae both had on some cool Inspectah Deck T-Shirts! They started with Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing Ta F’ Wit and the whole place went NUTS!!!!! They played a lot of the old stuff first, I cant remember them all, but they did C.R.E.A.M, Bring The Pain, Knowledge God, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin’, Clan In Da Front, Bring Da Ruckus, Liquid Swords, Shadowboxin’, 4th Chamber, and a whole lot of others! It was fuckin’ vicious down front man, everyone was gettin’ battered, but it was well fuckin’ worth it!!!!

Meth was fuckin’ brilliant, must have dived into the crowd 5 or 6 times during the nite, he got some of us to hold his feet steady so he could stand up on top of us at one point and then went on to finish his verse standing on top of us all! Fookin’ top notch! U-God did Dat’s Gangsta off Redemption. They did Protect Ya Neck and the place went fuckin’ crazy!!! They also did Triumph all the way through, hearing Deck’s verse live was a blessing! Ghost was tryna get a moment of silence for ODB but a lot of mutha fucka’s were still shouting shit! All the lights went out and everyone put their lighters up for ODB! Then Shimmy Shimmy Ya came on and the place went absolutely banana’s!!!!!! GZA was filming shit on his camcorder for most of the concert, is he still filming shit for Wu-Tang Revealed?

Anyway, RZA came to the front and said there would only be one more song… Gravel Pit! The place went nuts again (it isn’t really one of my favourites like!) and then a lot of the members went off stage. RZA took over the decks from Math and Method Man announced that as the crowd had been so live all nite, they were gonna hit us up with an exclusive taster of 8 Diagrams! I swear I soiled myself right about now!!! Ha! Some guy who must have been with the Wu started gettin’ a lot of girls on stage, dunno who he was though (anyone know?) He must have been blind too, or had the beer goggles on cos some of the ladies he got on stage were, to put it politely, very butch!! Anyway, Meth got pissed with this guy and ordered the women off the stage- “nothing against y’all, but we tryna hit up the REAL fans with a taster of the new album!” Meth introduced the first track, which he said is goin’ to be the first single, I think he said it was called Watch Your Mouth or something like that. Beat sounded good but I’m sure it had Q-Tip on it, I couldn’t hear properly but I’m sure he had a verse! It also had GZA and Meth on it, can’t remember whether anyone else was on it. RZA then threw on another beat, a DOPE FUCKIN’ beat with a kung-fu sample but then he cut it off just before the verse kicked in and started laughing! He then played a couple more beats which sounded pretty impressive and then they went off stage.

I made my way out, tried to go as quick as possible cos I spotted a Wu-Tang poster above the doors at the entrance which I wanted to nab, but someone beat me to it by the time I got out! Some guy was selling what he called ‘The Official 2007 Wu-Tang Tour Mixtape’, it looked even faker than Raaddrr Vann!!!!! I managed to haggle so I got one for next to nothing, I’m listening to it now though and so far there’s nothing on here that I haven’t already got!

I started looking around for a taxi so I could get my ass back into town, as I was walking round there was a big crowd of people down the side of the building where everyone was queuing to get in earlier… The Wu were leaving the venue and gettin’ on the two big tour buses! I had brought a lot of my Wu-CD Covers with me on the off chance that I would see any of them afterwards. Deck was the first one I saw, I got him to sign my ‘Resident Patient’ cover, he is one cool cat man! So laid back and chilled! Then I managed to get Masta Killa in the doorway of the tour bus, he was pretty impressed when I showed him my ‘Made In Brooklyn’ cover, a lot of guys were just getting their tickets signed and shit. I got the cover signed, he said much love for supporting and shook my hand, another really cool brother! Whilst I was waiting for Killa to sign my shit there was some guy right behind me shouting ‘LET ME THROUGH! LET ME THROUGH!’ I thought it was just someone tryna push past me to get to Killa until I got mashed out the way by Security and realised it was U-G tryna get past! Haha! He just got straight on the bus, I didn’t see him sign any autographs or talk to anyone, I didn’t see Rae do any signing either, he just got straight on the bus. Next I got GZA to sign my ‘Grandmasters’ cover, he did so and then stole my pen!!! I then got Ghost to sign my ‘Fishscale’ cover but he did it with someone else’s shitty pen so that one don’t look too good. RZA then came out, funny as fuck, he was walking through the crowd like a Killa Bee goin’ buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz! I got out my ‘Birth Of A Prince’ cover but he said he didn’t have a pen, and neither did I seein’ as GZA had just acquired mine!!! I was like ‘SOMEBODY GET THIS DUDE A PEN NOW!!!’ He stopped to talk to us for a few minutes, saying that the album is finished but these things take time and then he got on the bus! I must have missed Meth coming out cos I didn’t see him at all. Streetlife came out last. I didn’t even know he was gonna be there so I didn’t bother bringing the ‘Street Education’ cover, and I didn’t have a pen at that point anyway! GZA was still outside signing shit at that point until some old dude grabbed his arm for some reason and wouldn’t let him past, GZA pushed past but then started beefing with one of the Security Guards as well, so GZA was pissed off for some reason then got on the bus! I then finally got my battered body into a taxi and went back into town and finished the night with a few drinks!!!

All in all, it was a fuckin’ quality night, the whole clan were on top form, the new 8 Diagrams shit that we got a taste of sounds ill, and then being able to talk to some of the Clansmen after wards finished the night off real nice man!
    You lucky fuck! I didn't even think of taking CD covers to get signed... and I had to leave quickly to get my lift back.. damn.

Veteran Member

we saw RZA After he got on the bus, he put his hand up and saluted- gotta rate that guy
    When the revolution come, you can see me on the frontline
    firing my gun, standing right beside my son
    so when he grows up, he'll understand that i stood for somethin
    when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck