Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz INTERVIEW March 23rd, 2007

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    does the interviewer suffer from short term memory loss?
    im pretty sure the questions that were bein asked were from the members of this forum. I saw my question in there.

Thx to Cilvaringz for answerin our questions. Ill for sure be coppin the album. Altho its a shame that it got pushed back to June

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
    Why not order it from here? You won't get the DVD from japan. And it's shipped April 8th from here..

thats a good point, I wasnt even thinking about the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I just did one with my man Blastah for Ghostface which sounds like ‘Rainy Days II’, that was a crazy track. Ghost loved it from the get go he heard it

...and GREAT interview Cilva, lookin' forward for it to drop in Europe!

Great read.

Keep it up with your hunger, honesty, connection with the fans and the phat tracks ofcourse.

yo cilva peace man for doing the interview. Really looking forward to the album, if its coming out in the states in june i might have to break my word and order off the site.

ps
    In songs like "Gold Bell Cover" and "Man, Woman, and Child" you speak on alot of yin/yang type stuff. Did you ever study the Tao?
    No I didn’t. I spoke on that stuff back then because I was imitating the Clan too much without knowing what the fuck they actually meant. Once I got to the point I had to speak on who I was and what I stand for, everything changed lyrically and I found out I had some big differences with the Clan and certain aspects of their messages which they promoted for years. It was good that the fans were talking down on my heavy use of words like ‘swords’ and ‘chopping necks’ and shit like that, cos I wasn’t saying anything. Just another dude trying to sound like his big brothers. But I was young, still in Wu-Tang fan mode, and eventually grew out of that.
    somewhere benno is smiling

what really would be a good idea is too make a new little label for himself and get artists off this site....DING DING

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

I ain't feeling ya.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    yo cilva peace man for doing the interview. Really looking forward to the album, if its coming out in the states in june i might have to break my word and order off the site.

ps

i asked that question...

a little disappointed with the answer cuz when i first heard those 2 songs i was like damn that some of the deepest shit i ever heard...and then hes just brushin it off as just shit he didnt know anything about or whatever...i dono wuts up with that...

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Given that a considerable amount of time has passed since you first became affiliated with Wu-Tang, has your perception of the group changed from being a fan to being an affiliated artist? If So is that change negative or positive?
    Uhm, well.. I can’t really say positive or negative, as with everything its mixed and too complex to put into a positive or negative category. But there were major disappointments at times because I had a certain image of the group when I was a fan and that’s what made me love Wu-Tang, it was more than just the music, it was the movement. I wish I was there in 1993-1997, the golden era. Because once I came in in 1999, it already had begun scattering and the whole image I had wasn’t there. I mean it was positive to be part of the group now, and with the tours and stuff, and hanging with my brothers, all that was positive ofcourse, but sometimes I just wish I didn’t see/hear so much and held on to that image.
    this answer also was a little....i dono weird...

im assuming he musta realized that some of the members like totally hate or each other or somethin....which is probably true..that wood definitely be a disappointment if u were a fan and u see that kinda shit...

cood be somethin else but it just came across soundin kinda weird

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    yo

hahahhaa - I thought the same. Benno talked about Ringz his sword obsession for years and Ringz actually admit that he was just trying to sound Wu. Pretty funny.

even now, I still don’t know why my beat was not credited on ‘The Rebel Patient’.
    was that 'a lil story' on resident?
    interesting read thnx for taking the time.

truth0ne SGC/ Studio Griz truth0ne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    does the interviewer suffer from short term memory loss?
    Those questions came from the forum members.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    this answer also was a little....i dono weird...

im assuming he musta realized that some of the members like totally hate or each other or somethin....which is probably true..that wood definitely be a disappointment if u were a fan and u see that kinda shit...

cood be somethin else but it just came across soundin kinda weird
    yeh that was my question. i was def surprised with the answer. i expected a yeh it was a dream come true kinda answer. but it wasnt which i guess shows he honest.

thanks for answering cilva

Nice interview , very interesting stuff and very intersting Top 5 emcess/producers

You've grown into your own man. I like your recent work and verses far more than your previous shit.

Still, you should've kept the beat to Fuck America. The vocals in there were incredible.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm