Thread: Rastafarians

Default Rastafarians

So i met a couple white rastas last night and was talking to them about shit for awhile. I'm curious as to what you all think of rasta's and rastafari (not rastafarianism, theyll get pissed)? These people seemed convinced Haile Selassie was the messiah, for reasons i found as hardly substantial.

Do you know any rastas? Are you rasta? What do you know about rastafari? What do you think about what you know about rastafari?

The Creator sends a soul to a people that have asked for guidance, a messiah can come as you least expect it. There's more then one messiah - lighthouses to God.
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

Their holy books are the Holy Piby and the Kebra Nagast.

They consider their religion to be Ethiopian Orthodox while Rastafari is the life style they live. They're often vegetarian, though some eat fish, and refer to ganja as wisdom weed, which they pray before partaking in and always pass to the left, unless in times of war, in which case they would pass to the right.

I don't think Selassie was The Messiah but was the 250th or so descendent of King Solomen, which should be respected.

Support the Real. Click HERE

looking back on it, they were really explaining why selassie could be the messiah, not why he IS the messiah. His resume is really not filled with many actions that are messiahish.

its simple. rastas are cool peeps but they consider a man (selassie) as god incarnate. i dont consider any man to be god specifically. everything has god 'in it' so to speak bc we are a part of everything. and of course this is taoism and the bastardization that became christianity and islam. but a 20th century ethiopian isnt god anymore than fucking raekwon is or a black dude with a pamphlet is or jesus or moses or any fucking guy you want to talk about is, like fard or fucking maitreyou or whoever

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fist View Post
    Their holy books are the Holy Piby and the Kebra Nagast.

i cant understand why they would think selassie is the messiah, he didnt do anything spectacular as far as i can tell. He didnt even think he was god. Is it in these books?

Veteran Member

No it comes from a speech where Marcus Garvey called Selassie the black messiah. He was speak figuritively about Selassie's role in politics but rastas read it literally.

^exactly, also was a mistaken idenity due to the title "King of Kings"said in the Bible many times but also given to every emporper of ethiopia, the rasta's took it out of context.
    Bob Marley was personally convinced when he met (or atleast seen) him face to face and noticed scars on both of his hands, took this as a sign that he was personally Jesus reincarnate.
    Can anyone vouch for the traces of his bloodline? I've seen websites that traced it all the way back to Soloman but not positive of them being historically accurate.

Support the Real. Click HERE

^^This is one of the reasons I dont follow religion to a T. My dad was rasta and I looked into what yall discussin but nothing when it comes to religion sparks anything. Only a one on one with God does that for me.
    Break fast is served

penalty boxed user

i got a few rasta friends that i haven't seen in years but they good people

No Father to my stench

Default dddddd

Gods chosen people is the decendents of enslaved Africans(southwest Asiatics) in the USA and Carribean

Master Fard Muhammad and Haile Selassie are the ones sent to God Chosen

Haile Selassie had a ring which was passed down generation to generation from when prophet Solomon and Sheeba had a baby....Selassie's son gave Bob Marley that ring

Rastafari is one of the Eloheem

i just blaze.. but i dont want to look like one..

only to them.. they dont care..
    Trip