Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advanced meditation

Default advanced meditation

the goal of mysticism, taoism, buddhism, hinduism, most native american traditions, and the teachings of jesus (later altered) is the recognizance of the true nature of reality and the universe, namely that god/allah/creative universal intelligence/the tao/insert metaphor here... is in everything and that everything is connected. this is why the golden rule is golden, bc we are all one, ie you are me. this is debated, but it is true, regardless if you have learned it or experienced it yet.

our bodies are like a boat we are in. god* is in the boat with us and is always driving the boat. we either dont know god* is in the boat, think we are actually driving the boat (interfering), are experiencing a combination of those two things, or are chilling, letting god* drive. the best moments of your life, the best things you ever accomplished, created, the most noble, brave, or remarkable things have occured when god* was allowed to drive.

here are three techniques to help you notice the god* in you and in everything.

1. thought control

sit still somewhere and breath normally. focus your mind on your breathing but dont try to alter it. relax. allow your mind to wander and pay attention to thoughts as they enter your head. dont try to alter the thoughts, just let them go their course. try to pay attention to the space between the thoughts. notice that the egoic thought your mind is creating is really a dispirate jumble of mostly unrelated noise. at first the silence between thoughts might only last a second, but pay attention to the spaces. realize the difference between unconscious thought and the person in you that is watching the thoughts occur. watch the spaces. you must distinguish between true will and egoic noise.this technique is crucial to learn how to astral project, among other things, in my opinion.

2. releasing yourself from verbal constructs.

as raw said, the map is not the territory. the words and metaphors we use to denote our reality are largely objective and also in some sense detrimental to our ability to truly perceive life as it is. sit quietly somewhere outside. breathe normally. quiet your mind and listen to the sounds you hear around you. try not to think about what is making the sound. try not to define the sound. allow yourself to think of all of the sounds as various expressions of energy. allow the sounds to blend into a cacophony, the interconnected symphony that god* is playing, the universe. practice this meditation until you can sit in stillness without applying a verbal construct to the sound of the energy around you.

3. advanced technique-healing meditation

find a place to comfortably lie down. breathe deeply several times and clear your mind. lie still and allow thoughts to flutter but pay no attention to them. at some point you might feel a twitch or an inadvertent motion. refuse to resist any motion your body tries to take (dont try to stop it). this might be frightening at first but allow yourself to move in any way that your body is urged to move. common occurences are the flexing of a part of your body, arching of the back, arms coming together and seperating, the tapping of the chest at various pressure points/chakras. allow these motions to occur uninhibited. pray if you like. ask a question of god*, and notice that the answer comes back to you as a thought. realize that you have far fewer questions for god* than you previously may have thought. Allow this to happen for as long as possible. if it happens all night, it is ok, as you will not be tired. allow god* to show you thoughts and sounds during the process. do not try to interfere with the thoughts that occur, simply watch.

hotep

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

dont have the time to read thru the whole thing right now (i got finish a big paper for school....ugh) but that looks like a dope fuckin post, froth...thanks for that shit i'll be checkin it out for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    hotep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bis Fan View Post
    ALABAMA
    Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    dont have the time to read thru the whole thing right now (i got finish a big paper for school....ugh) but that looks like a dope fuckin post, froth...thanks for that shit i'll be checkin it out for sure..
    everything is on the strenf

can this help hone the control of out of body experiences?

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

definitely, regardless of what technique you use to project you are going to have to discover the difference between your true will/self and the random noise/uncontrolled thought/internal dialogue that humans experience. now, you might have projection happen accidentally and some people have been able to do it since childhood and dont think conceptually about it in the same way as someone trying to learn it, but in order to do it when you want to and go into it with awareness, you have to master your will/focus/thoughts, or at least, get better at it.

this is tricky bc most people dont see a distinction between the random thought/noise they experience (part of the 'ego' for lack of a better term) and their true self. distinguishing between the two and mastering your control over what you allow to be happening in your head/reality has long been a goal of mystics of every culture. hell, it is Taoism, to a large extent. this is what is meant by the tricky concept of 'not-doing'

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by froth View Post
    distinguishing between the two and mastering your control over what you allow to be happening in your head/reality has long been a goal of mystics of every culture.
    Just trying to contribute to the thread....

I think there's line to be drawn between-

What's going on in your head

and

What's actually happening.

I think it's the difference between "percieving" astral projection

and

Seeing events elsewhere in "real-time"

yeah well ive always said to look at multiple viewpoints. first of all our notions of 'real time' are totally wrong to begin with, so whichever way you want to look at astral projection, the experience is real. whether its inner or outer space....well if you read back through things i think you will find that those concepts are irrelevant if you realize that its all connected energy to begin with.

truth be told, astral projection is fiddlesticks in comparison with what you can accomplish with the last exercise i mention

with enough practice you can slide into these states on command

a lot of people have no idea how it feels
    all the points have been made

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    a lot of people have no idea how it feels
    nah... but they do.

somehow, deep there.... i mean c'mon we can tell!

i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Civilison View Post
    nah... but they do.

somehow, deep there.... i mean c'mon we can tell!

i hope
    you are right

i cant disagree
    all the points have been made

Veteran Member

as a matter of fact, as an addendum to the discussion at hand the current world is the result of the majority of mankind slipping into an improper mental state (state of consciousness).

or at least such would be the psycho-psychical assertion.

people spend too much time in their mind where the faculty of intellect predominates.

yes, or more simply, they imagine themselves as seperate from the whole. this is where a lot of so called 'magickians' and other dogma chasers start to show their egos...

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by froth View Post
    yeah well ive always said to look at multiple viewpoints. first of all our notions of 'real time' are totally wrong to begin with, so whichever way you want to look at astral projection, the experience is real. whether its inner or outer space....well if you read back through things i think you will find that those concepts are irrelevant if you realize that its all connected energy to begin with.
    I can dig it. Even my words were a little hollow....let me elaborate.

In Black Elk speaks, Black tells about his visions he had, even when he was a child. The vision was deep and vivid, in the book (written by John G. Neighardt) it paints a picture of what Black Elk seen after he faints. He travels to a place that seems almost mythical.

Not to get into what he actually saw to much to avoid a theoligical debate.....it made me wonder to what extent was the vision?

Was it in his mind, i'm not saying he imagined it(like most would have you believe)- but was there outside influence-energy-entity- whatever, that was showing him this in his mind?

Or was it a real place that he experienced? I guess it doesn't matter either way, if it's inside or out, like you mentioned......but drawing a line between may help us understand our universe a little more.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 03-28-2007 at 10:45 AM.