Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Tech Q&A Thread

Lightbulb The Official Tech Q&A Thread

This thread is intended for all minor Questions and Answers regarding anything techy! Wanna know the difference a byte and a bit? Ask it here! Need help to open a CD image format? Get it here!

Props to Robby D for the idea
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
    i got the game installed now its saying i dont have a disc
    I know exactily what the issue is. Most of the time when you're dealing with game copys the game itself will not read the burned copy like the original. What you need to do is DL a No CD crack. Basically it's a hacked version of the .exe file that will overlook the CD and boot straight from the HDD. Just go to google and type in "warcraft 3 no cd" without the quotations and see what pops up. Haven't seen a game so far that didn't have one.

As long as that S-video port on your laptop is output then definately. I hook my desktop up to my TV whenever I feel like playing F.E.A.R. on a big screen with full surround

Veteran Member

Default Downloading streamed shit?

Does anyone know how to download streamed material off the net. Say like i wanna take a song from off "xxl" or "crackspace". Can someone tell me how to do that.

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
    Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"

Quote Originally Posted by Dough Snatcher View Post
    Does anyone know how to download streamed material off the net. Say like i wanna take a song from off "xxl" or "crackspace". Can someone tell me how to do that.

i use High Criteria's Total Recorder for stuff like that. works good.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I have a question, I got 2 hard drives in my laptop, if one crashes will the whole computer crash with it?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

It depends.

If the HDD that is bad is the one that your OS (Windows for example) is installed on then yes. If it's just a HDD with other programs and files on it, your computer will start up just fine, but your data on that drive will either be unaccessible

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah, because I got two drives, my normal one, then I threw all my music on my other hard drive.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Does anyone know what video formats are compatible with ipods? If it makes any difference, it's an ipod touch.

you should've got the iPhone. Basically, MPEG-4 Video File is what used, you can download programs that'll convert your videos to iPod compatible. I would get Videora(I use that) or I heard some programs that can convert a videos file size into a mp3 size file so you can put even more videos without losing the quality of the video.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Does anyone know what video formats are compatible with ipods? If it makes any difference, it's an ipod touch.
    Explore your option set up for your iPod, it should tell you exactly which formats are supported.

JRoll

Ok I'm using the internet on my PS3, and some stuff requires a flash player to see. It has a message that says "You have either turned javascript off, or you need to download the latest version of the flash player. But I have javascript turned on. I don't know how to get the newest flash because you need to save it like if it was on a computer. And theres is no option for getting it for a gamesystem. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    you should've got the iPhone. Basically, MPEG-4 Video File is what used, you can download programs that'll convert your videos to iPod compatible. I would get Videora(I use that) or I heard some programs that can convert a videos file size into a mp3 size file so you can put even more videos without losing the quality of the video.
    Thanks, I'll try that Videora, all the converters I have tried are pretty shit and for some reason when I convert them using itunes it takes away the sound. And iPhones are a lot more expensive, plus a £50 ($100) a month phone bill. I'm happy with the phone I got.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Explore your option set up for your iPod, it should tell you exactly which formats are supported.
    I didn't actually have the ipod when I asked, I just wanted to know what formats of video I can download in advance. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else got an iPod touch or iPhone? It's fuckin sick

No problem. Yea, I was just saying that because over here its like a 100 dollar difference between the touch and phone. My cousin has the iPhone and yea it's really cool even though I hate typing in websites with my finger because I keep pressing the wrong due to the letters not being big enough lol.

^ Yeah I do that a lot lol, but I think it'll be easy once I'm used to it.

Anyone know anything about torrents? I've tried downloading a few torrent things using BitTorrent but they take fuckin aaaaaages. It took me like 2 hours to download 2 south park episodes. Is there some way of making it faster or is there a better program to use or something? I only just got it today so I haven't got a clue about it.

Edit: I don't think it's because of my shitty internet connection because it's about 10x quicker downloading any other type of file
    Last edited by Sean; 01-05-2008 at 07:39 PM.