57 20.21%
  • 2/5 Ehh..okay

21 7.45%
  • 1/5 Sucks ass

17 6.03%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz- "I" album review

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    thanks....i hope you continue to fuck off..

re: the "jargon"...actually Unseen's thread is much more articulate and eloquent than the one i made cuz in the one i made i was just trying to post links to this guy's lectures...

Unseen is trying to give u the facts straight up...
    Yeah i'd like to see facts because that shit came off real ignorant.......your on some left wing conspiracy theory bullshit

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This cd has been out for years, All the beats are OLD all the guests apperances verses are OLD, he redid all his verses. Peace
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

Cilvaringz truly has that Wu sound to his beats.

I aint feeling Cilvaringz flow or lyrical content on this album. I did like the flow though on Brothers Ain't Brothers and the lyrics were nice on that track.

What I like to know is why Wu generals or Killa bees dont use Cilvaringz more for there beats on albums?

It would be dope to get an album produced entirely by Cilvaringz like Muggs Vs Gza but Cilvaringz Vs Raekwon or another Wu General.

Can we look forward to more Cilvaringz beats on Wu generals or killa bee albums?

The stand out tracks for me are

Jewels/Christ & Judas
    In the name of Allah
    Dart Tournament
    The Saga
    Valentines Day Massacre

Default Official Cilvaringz "I" Review

1. Poison Ring Chamber Intro-Aight intro, i like all the kung fu shit. I can feel the message of it also, but it's the start of alot of wu tang and rza man love, which ill explain my thoughts on later.
    4.5/5

2. Wu Tang Martial Expert-Ill fucking beat. Cilva hits this with a sick flow and voice. I never really listened to much cilva out of loyalty to thecorpse before this, but i never heard him rip a track like that. Nice opening.
    4.5/5

3. The Weeping Tiger-Cilva comes nice and Rae comes with that straight grime. This is the type of shit that makes me wanna just be able to spend 5 minutes around raekwon before i die. This beat rocks hard. This is the type of wu shit i can bump to people to get them into cilva.
    5/5

4. Sherezad, My Beloved-Sounds like a love song, which i'm starting to dislike. It seems like the last 10 albums ive heard of had just 1 obligatory rapper in love songs. Another good beat though, ringz comes alright on this song. More wu man love taking the old hook.
    3.5/5

As for the wu man love, i understand that cilva is at heart a really big wu fan. I mean, if i ever was able to make a record itd have wu dickriding all over it. If this album had come out in 2002 i would have thought it stupid, and it was back then, and cilva kinda admitted that. But i think he's taken it down a little and its not too bad. I hope his future albums can start to branch off from it.

5. Death to America-Regardless of his beliefs, this is a pretty ill song. I like how he made it a spoken word kinda thing, cilva's rhyming ability really shines through in this format. As for his opinions, he's on track but misguided, a victim of being too personally involved with the situation. I can feel his struggle, but i think it's this militant attitude that leads people to become "terrorists". I don't want to call cilva a "terrorist", but i think less intelligent people with his attitude would feed into that mentality.
    5/5

6. In the Name of Allah-Tight song, i'm not even gonna try to wrap my mind around the jewelz dropped in this one. I feel like i just listend to disc 1 of wu tang forever. Props to cilva for not trying to dominate this track cause its his and he let the gods do the heavy lifting, an underappreciated key to posse songs. Beats on point.
    5/5

I would like to check who produced this song, but i download music, death to first week sales. Cilva shouldn't have backed out of the babygrande deal.

7. Jewels/Christ and Judas-Funny bush clip, but my dude 007 flipped it better. Another good beat. I can tell cilva is saying alot of shit on this track which i appreciate. Cilva is a decent rapper.
    4.5/5

8. Brothers aint Brothers- I don't yet know who cilva is talking about in this song, but i know that there is mad childish shit going on behind the scenes in wu. It's whatever, i understand how it comes about. Not sure if putting on a track is the best move, but crying about advertisement is also pretty weak. Beats pretty good. Rza speaking at the end is more man love, but a decent opinion to get on the issue.
    4/5

I just noticed this album is 21 songs, thats alot of material to drop but if he can do it then cheers.

9. Blazing Saddles- Says featuring killarmy, i dont know killarmy enough to know who is and who isn't on this track but it's nice to see that name out there again. Not really feeling the "CILVARAAANGZ" shit but its a pretty good hype track. Every beat has a banger so far on this album. I think the word nigga gets said 100 times on this track.
    4/5

10. Caravanseria - Chapter 1- I dont understand what the point of this track is, but raekwon talking makes it good enough.
    4.5/4

11. Damascus- First beat i dont like that much, but its alright. Decent track, cilva talks more shit about america in this song.
    4/5

12. Caravanserai - Chapter II- Not getting the point of these skits, but they create a cool atmosphere. I wonder if cilva is really in on deals with poppa rae, i dont think so.
    4.5/5

13. Two Missed Calls- Not really impressed with skateboard p calling ringz and i neo is a homo. He sounds like a woman when he talks. He is gay, right? Are these calls real also? I wasnt expecting this little arab nerd to have friends.
    4/5

14. Dart Tournament- Alright beat, i liked the first bunch of songs' beats more, but this works. Killa sin rips it and cilva comes well. Blue raspberry bothers me though.
    4/5

15. The saga- Back to an ill beat. Cilva is a pretty good rapper. His flows and wordplay are on point and i dont mind his voice. I dont mind that he doesn't rap with a dutch accent, cause i wouldnt want to hear that shit. Cilva says he came up on snoop and eazy-e, which i doubt. Good song. It's the late inning solo tracks that prove whether an artist can carry an album on their own.
    4.5/5

16. Forever Michael- Kind of a gay song. I didnt grow up on mj, maybe i just dont get it. Decent beat and in truth, on this album cilva is gonna hug more rza nuts then he does michael jackson nuts on this song.
    4/5

17. Elephant Juice- Decent track, nothing special. I'm really impressed with cilva's ability to carry an album on for this long.
    4/5

18. Deaf, Dumb, and Blind- I like this beat. I think theres only been one or 2 beats on this album that i havent really felt that much. People who say cilva is bringin back the old wu sound need to shut up. He just uses ill wu producers that pushing what the rza created back in the day.
    4.5/5

19. Warriors and Poets- I like this, anyone know where it's from? I hope cilva isn't trying to call himself a warrior of allah, cause like i said, it's that attitude in less intelligent people that leads to the "terrorist" mentality.
    4.5/5

20. Valentine Day Massacre- Ill track, sounds like gravediggaz. Everyone rips it better then cilva but he doesn't too bad. Shabazz is awesome, new sunz of man album! An odd track to end the album on, but i like it.
    5/5

21. Poisen Ring Chamber- Meth speaking on ringz to end it, i like it.
    4.5/5

Adding all that up gives cilva an 87%, 8.7/10, which is a gay way to judge an album but is actually fairly accurate this time. The beats on this album are killer throughout. Guest appearances are ridiculous, this is a wu fans dream. It sounds like parts of the wu fam are starting to come together once again. Cilvaringz shows himself to be a pretty good rapper. Technically and lyrically he's on point, i think some of his opinions are dumb but thats just me, i can appreciate him. I like this album better then the Wisemen one, a fact i myself wouldnt have believed if you asked me a month ago. The young stars of the wu camp like bronze and cilva are showing a strong future for the w. I admit i dl'ed this album, but ill definetley be picking it up when it comes to america and i know alot of people who'll be able to get into this shit.

AND MY OPINION IS NOT A OPINION BUT A FACT IF U FEEL WHAT I FEEL WE CAN BUILD IF NOT UR HOMO AND HAVE BAD TASTE

everythings tight till he sucks mjs dick and yeah its true a lot of the wu are just introing songs but rae is grimy. cilva basically tries to depeen his voice to sound hard

^ ALABAMA STAND UP!!!

oh and the review kinda sucked even though I agreed with the ratings for the most part

GENERAL WISE

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    1. Poison Ring Chamber Intro-Aight intro, i like all the kung fu shit. I can feel the message of it also, but it's the start of alot of wu tang and rza man love, which ill explain my thoughts on later.
    4.5/5

2. Wu Tang Martial Expert-Ill fucking beat. Cilva hits this with a sick flow and voice. I never really listened to much cilva out of loyalty to thecorpse before this, but i never heard him rip a track like that. Nice opening.
    4.5/5

3. The Weeping Tiger-Cilva comes nice and Rae comes with that straight grime. This is the type of shit that makes me wanna just be able to spend 5 minutes around raekwon before i die. This beat rocks hard. This is the type of wu shit i can bump to people to get them into cilva.
    5/5

4. Sherezad, My Beloved-Sounds like a love song, which i'm starting to dislike. It seems like the last 10 albums ive heard of had just 1 obligatory rapper in love songs. Another good beat though, ringz comes alright on this song. More wu man love taking the old hook.
    3.5/5

As for the wu man love, i understand that cilva is at heart a really big wu fan. I mean, if i ever was able to make a record itd have wu dickriding all over it. If this album had come out in 2002 i would have thought it stupid, and it was back then, and cilva kinda admitted that. But i think he's taken it down a little and its not too bad. I hope his future albums can start to branch off from it.

5. Death to America-Regardless of his beliefs, this is a pretty ill song. I like how he made it a spoken word kinda thing, cilva's rhyming ability really shines through in this format. As for his opinions, he's on track but misguided, a victim of being too personally involved with the situation. I can feel his struggle, but i think it's this militant attitude that leads people to become "terrorists". I don't want to call cilva a "terrorist", but i think less intelligent people with his attitude would feed into that mentality.
    5/5

6. In the Name of Allah-Tight song, i'm not even gonna try to wrap my mind around the jewelz dropped in this one. I feel like i just listend to disc 1 of wu tang forever. Props to cilva for not trying to dominate this track cause its his and he let the gods do the heavy lifting, an underappreciated key to posse songs. Beats on point.
    5/5

I would like to check who produced this song, but i download music, death to first week sales. Cilva shouldn't have backed out of the babygrande deal.

7. Jewels/Christ and Judas-Funny bush clip, but my dude 007 flipped it better. Another good beat. I can tell cilva is saying alot of shit on this track which i appreciate. Cilva is a decent rapper.
    4.5/5

8. Brothers aint Brothers- I don't yet know who cilva is talking about in this song, but i know that there is mad childish shit going on behind the scenes in wu. It's whatever, i understand how it comes about. Not sure if putting on a track is the best move, but crying about advertisement is also pretty weak. Beats pretty good. Rza speaking at the end is more man love, but a decent opinion to get on the issue.
    4/5

I just noticed this album is 21 songs, thats alot of material to drop but if he can do it then cheers.

9. Blazing Saddles- Says featuring killarmy, i dont know killarmy enough to know who is and who isn't on this track but it's nice to see that name out there again. Not really feeling the "CILVARAAANGZ" shit but its a pretty good hype track. Every beat has a banger so far on this album. I think the word nigga gets said 100 times on this track.
    4/5

10. Caravanseria - Chapter 1- I dont understand what the point of this track is, but raekwon talking makes it good enough.
    4.5/4

11. Damascus- First beat i dont like that much, but its alright. Decent track, cilva talks more shit about america in this song.
    4/5

12. Caravanserai - Chapter II- Not getting the point of these skits, but they create a cool atmosphere. I wonder if cilva is really in on deals with poppa rae, i dont think so.
    4.5/5

13. Two Missed Calls- Not really impressed with skateboard p calling ringz and i neo is a homo. He sounds like a woman when he talks. He is gay, right? Are these calls real also? I wasnt expecting this little arab nerd to have friends.
    4/5

14. Dart Tournament- Alright beat, i liked the first bunch of songs' beats more, but this works. Killa sin rips it and cilva comes well. Blue raspberry bothers me though.
    4/5

15. The saga- Back to an ill beat. Cilva is a pretty good rapper. His flows and wordplay are on point and i dont mind his voice. I dont mind that he doesn't rap with a dutch accent, cause i wouldnt want to hear that shit. Cilva says he came up on snoop and eazy-e, which i doubt. Good song. It's the late inning solo tracks that prove whether an artist can carry an album on their own.
    4.5/5

16. Forever Michael- Kind of a gay song. I didnt grow up on mj, maybe i just dont get it. Decent beat and in truth, on this album cilva is gonna hug more rza nuts then he does michael jackson nuts on this song.
    4/5

17. Elephant Juice- Decent track, nothing special. I'm really impressed with cilva's ability to carry an album on for this long.
    4/5

18. Deaf, Dumb, and Blind- I like this beat. I think theres only been one or 2 beats on this album that i havent really felt that much. People who say cilva is bringin back the old wu sound need to shut up. He just uses ill wu producers that pushing what the rza created back in the day.
    4.5/5

19. Warriors and Poets- I like this, anyone know where it's from? I hope cilva isn't trying to call himself a warrior of allah, cause like i said, it's that attitude in less intelligent people that leads to the "terrorist" mentality.
    4.5/5

20. Valentine Day Massacre- Ill track, sounds like gravediggaz. Everyone rips it better then cilva but he doesn't too bad. Shabazz is awesome, new sunz of man album! An odd track to end the album on, but i like it.
    5/5

21. Poisen Ring Chamber- Meth speaking on ringz to end it, i like it.
    4.5/5

Adding all that up gives cilva an 87%, 8.7/10, which is a gay way to judge an album but is actually fairly accurate this time. The beats on this album are killer throughout. Guest appearances are ridiculous, this is a wu fans dream. It sounds like parts of the wu fam are starting to come together once again. Cilvaringz shows himself to be a pretty good rapper. Technically and lyrically he's on point, i think some of his opinions are dumb but thats just me, i can appreciate him. I like this album better then the Wisemen one, a fact i myself wouldnt have believed if you asked me a month ago. The young stars of the wu camp like bronze and cilva are showing a strong future for the w. I admit i dl'ed this album, but ill definetley be picking it up when it comes to america and i know alot of people who'll be able to get into this shit.
    damn as a jew u must have had a bias?!?

btw elephant juice is sick 5/5 def...not hatin on jews though.

you think it was better then 8.7/10???

ps. your credibility took a major hit when you said hell hath no fury was the best album of 2006

GENERAL WISE

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    you think it was better then 8.7/10???

ps. your credibility took a major hit when you said hell hath no fury was the best album of 2006

I said/Meant:
    Fishscale was #1 (lassic
    Hell Hath no Fury #2 (still a classic IMO, HHID=3.5/5 at best)

and I also meant that it was hard to overcome your prejudices on this review.

Now ask for forgiveness.

Veteran Member

Yo not to start beef but The clips and Skateboard P, lousy fucking producer and even worse singer, are 3 "mcs" who should shut the fuck up! WACK!

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Thumbs down

Ugh. This album is turning me OFF of Wu-tang. I hate it! All this po-lie-tricks, religious crap.

I didn't hear any song I wanted to listen to twice.
    Last edited by rubyspirit; 04-01-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Sherezad, My Beloved is overproduced, the simple beat of Masta Killa - Queen is muuuuuuch better than this...

Holy shit, this album is def. a classic!!!! Props!!!
    Lovin' it
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

im loving this so far, gotta wait a little while and see if it has any longevity

Quote Originally Posted by ERIC_CARTMAN View Post

I said/Meant:
    Fishscale was #1 (lassic
    Hell Hath no Fury #2 (still a classic IMO, HHID=3.5/5 at best)

and I also meant that it was hard to overcome your prejudices on this review.

Now ask for forgiveness.

still wack opinions

Ugh. This album is turning me OFF of Wu-tang. I hate it! All this po-lie-tricks, religious crap.

I didn't hear any song I wanted to listen to twice.
    wtf???? why are you listening to wu tang if you just want a bunch of shit to dance to. You fear listening to people who have something to say.