57 20.21%
  • 2/5 Ehh..okay

21 7.45%
  • 1/5 Sucks ass

17 6.03%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz- "I" album review

Veteran Member

Wu tang has always had religious undertones!

I'm not religious, I hate religious rap... but I've heard songs off this and it's more political/religious, which I like. We dont hear much from true muslims, ones who follow and know and their views on the world, we're stuck with the media's views on muslims.

Interesting stuff... actually got into a convo with my hip-hop hating brother about it.

QUESTION: Why does Cilva say the americans bought guns off israel? educate me someone.. lol

Veteran Member

excellent review. i'd agree with that.
    only i hate that killarmy song i'd give it one or 2. beretta is awful on it
    and i don't like the new cilvaringz verse on valentines day massacre, the original was better.

ok i just started listening to this and i have to say it's fucking retarded how much this dude apes wu-tang. the entire intro is about shaolin and "the abbot" and it's like, "Dude, cilva, you're from like holland or some shit."

beats sound good though. i'm listening with an open mind. i wish it just didn't have all the lame kung-fu samples cuz it just sounds like wu-tang mimicking.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    Poison Ring Chamber (Intro)
    love this shit....little skit from (i believe) 8-Diagram Pole Fighter...great opening
    5/5

Edit:

Look for an update to my wu tang kung fu list with the samples from "I". I know a few already but I've still not heard all of the disc.

Shit is dope so far. Ringz lyrics range from really good, to just ok. He has definitaly improved as an MC sO I give him props for that!

PEACE
    Last edited by mantis_fist; 04-01-2007 at 08:37 PM.

hahahaha "I know SOME good jews"

that love song on track 4 or whatever is mad fucking corny. and again, wu-tang jocking by borrwing the All I Need chorus.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

ur right that he is kind of "mimicking" Wu but when he sticks with that stuff (sorta like on the Moongod albums) i think it sounds fuckin GREAT...

when he ventures away from it i think thats when it sounds gay...

the Shaolin and kung-fu shit is Wu...i love that shit, i dont really see it as he's jockin' them or whatever..

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Thumbs down

The CD is not entertaining. Pass

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
    wtf???? why are you listening to wu tang if you just want a bunch of shit to dance to. You fear listening to people who have something to say.
    You should reread your review. You found something wrong with almost every song. You're only jocking it because Cliva is on this site.

I'm an honest person.

Yeah, I like to dance. I dance to several Wu songs. They enlighten AND entertain. I can't dance to any of this crap, especially while he's talking about things that I dont' want to hear!!!!!
    Last edited by rubyspirit; 04-01-2007 at 11:53 PM.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    You should reread your review. You found something wrong with almost every song. You're only jocking it because Cliva is on this site.

I'm an honest person.

Yeah, I like to dance. I dance to several Wu songs. They enlighten AND entertain. I can't dance to any of this crap, especially while he's talking about things that I dont' want to hear!!!!!
    i tried to be as honest as possible in my review too...

and i dont think maestro is jocking because Cilva is on the site, he actually dissed him a number of times in that review..

and thats a shame that u dont find this entertaining at all....theres plenty of stuff on here that i dont agree with or dont like (not just the political shit which i dont really mind, but some of the religious shit comes across really small-minded..."religious worship is WORTHLESS"--KP) BUT i still find it very entertaining....

for one thing, the beats are mostly spectacular....and im sure if u really wanted to u cood dance to at least one of them

I love to do the "Wu-Tang" while bumping "Wu-Tang Martial Expert" and "Death to America'.

Quote Originally Posted by crass xxx View Post
    ok i just started listening to this and i have to say it's fucking retarded how much this dude apes wu-tang. the entire intro is about shaolin and "the abbot" and it's like, "Dude, cilva, you're from like holland or some shit."

beats sound good though. i'm listening with an open mind. i wish it just didn't have all the lame kung-fu samples cuz it just sounds like wu-tang mimicking.

its true, but i would rather hear someone carrying on the wu sound over someone being wack like freemurda.

Also, even though he's a muslim dude from holland, he's all wu tang. Hes been down with the wu for awhile and is real tight with rza. Like he himself said in the interview, at first he was just jocking the wu and saying things to sound like them, but hes move ond past that and actually understands what he's saying now.

I'm an honest person.

Okay whatever, im not jocking cilva and i guess your problem is just that you're close minded. Go make more threads about people biting off meth for wearing a hoody.

Still agreeing with alot of my review, but the real test for the album will be down the road when the novelty wears off.

...."I love RZA, he gave me a start, he coulda given a fuck, but chose to give me a spar, he coulda fucked with somebody he heard about in the bronx, but he believed in my work and i believed in allah, so he gave me some shine, instead of keeping me dark, took me to 36 chambers and let me spit out my darts, thats why im rapping his name in every song i take part, some claim i'm riding his dick, but im just showing my love, cause if it wasnt for hiim, id probaly be in the biiing, playing the guards with my frieends, i cant be thankful enough,"....

Veteran Member

the entire intro is about shaolin and "the abbot" and it's like, "Dude, cilva, you're from like holland or some shit."

Chill, that intro IMO was representing Ringz's journey overseas to have a meeting with the RZA once he got to NYC

dope album i loved it! 5/5