Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dolphin Massacre In Japan.........[graphic]

It's a common misconception that vegetarians don't get enough protein and other stuff in their diets, since they aren't eating meat. They wouldn't need to eat an extreme diversity of things, to make up for not eating meat. There are a countless number of non meat foods that supply enough protein. So I don't think it would be odd for a vegetarian to be a weight lifter. Usually, the only thing that a vegetarian or vegan would be low in is B-12. And they could take B-12 supplements. Like I said before, humans don't need to eat meat, contrary to what some people might say. Various studies have shown that a non-meat diet is healthier for a person, for things such as heart disease probability, cholesterol level, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    its that....but there is no thought of sustainability at all.

the meat i eat generally has come from a farmed animal, hence has no effect environmenatally.

eating wild animals is not necessary and its just servicing greed.
    I wouldn't say that farmed animals, especially cows, have no effect environmentally. Look at the very negative effect it has on the land and soil, surroundings, all the waste material, etc.

Regardless of health reasons or whatever. I'm still going to eat other creatures. Maybe some people can find other ways that are sufficient for them but I eat meat. I'm not bashing vegetarians at all, I'm just saying it's not for me.