Thread: Apathy - Eastern Philosophy

Banned

Default Apathy - Eastern Philosophy

"Eastern Philosophy" is the debut album for AOTP and DEMIGODZ member Apathy. rarely does this cd get mentioned, but in my eyes it was easily in top 5 dopest of '06

1. Eastern Philosophy
    2. 1,000 Grams
    3. All About Crime
    4. 9 to 5 featuring Emilio Lopez
    5. Here Come The Gangstas
    6. Can't Leave Rap Alone featuring Celph Titled and Ryu
    7. One Of Those Days
    8. Me and My Friends featuring One Two and Celph Titled
    9. Chemical
    10. Doe Raker Check featuring Motive
    11. Philosophical Gangsta featuring Poison Pen and Bad Seed
    12. I Remember...
    13. The Buck Stops Here
    14. The Winter featuring Blue Raspberry

1) "Eastern Philosophy"
    Produced by "Chu,b the Skrilla Guerrilla"
    a good rhymin into, apathy holds it down solid for a minute over an old skool style beat - 3.5/5

2) 1,000 Grams
    Produced by Chum the Skrilla Guerrilla
    the first real song kicks off, and its dope as. instant head nodding with a tight beat from Chum and apathy shines lyrically. "youll get clocked in the face and rocket through space/shout out ya hood, watch ya whole block get erased" solid start, 4/5

3) All About Crime
    Produced by Celph Titled
    this beats a bit slower, but has major connection with the subject matter and delivery. a rap detailing crime is everywhere "now business do it with "progress" in mind/it aint all bout streets, projects and nines" and "even martha stewart do it". strictly DOPE song. 4/5

4) 9 to 5 featuring Emilio Lopez
    Produced by Q-Tones
    id say we can all relate to ap's state of mind on this song. fuck just stayin alive, he doin whatever takes to make it into the fast lane and live it up. ap and emilio keep their spits short and to the point, and when they alternate a few bars at the end it becomes remanisce of ODB's cuttin headz. 3.5/5

5) Here Come The Gangstas
    Produced by Chum the Skrilla Guerilla
    "Here come the gangstas uh huh and you cant see their face uh huh". This is the dopest shit on the album imo, my favourite cut. the beat is pounding, without being over the top. apathy's delivery is fuckin flawless, and lyrically he rips the fuckin heart out of this shit. 5/5

6) Can't Leave Rap Alone featuring Celph Titled and Ryu
    Samples a familiar Jay-Z line on the hook "cant leave rap alone the game needs me". starts off with apathy, tight as ever "im back bitch on some asshole rap shit/im rarely ever seen like asian dudes with black chicks". celph titled is solid and ryu doesnt disappoint aswell, but apathy steals the show, and yet another phat beat from Chum. 4.5/5

7) One Of Those Days
    Produced by Apathy
    ahh the female drama. atmosphere fans will enjoy this cut. for those of us who've had overly jealous bitches who nag and bitch for no reason and cause ruckus, this songs all too familiar. im feelin this shit because i can relate. "she flips like i should understand her pain/but she wont talk about it and she cant explain". but dont get it twisted, its certainly not on a slow moving, feeling down type shit. the beat is upbeat and Ap brings it the hardest because "looks like its one of those days". 4/5

8) Me And My Friends featuring One Two and Celph Titled
    Produced by DJ Cheapshot and Q-Tones
    "what i wouldnt give to see it again/doin ass stupid shit, just me and my friends......lifes changed, but this is how it be till the end/still doin dumb shit just me and my friends" another tight track, reflecting on how it was back in the day "when jay and mobb deep still lived in the projects" but keepin the memories and creatin new ones. one two came off pretty tight. smooth as beat. 4/5

9) Chemical
    this song really grabs you by the balls and makes u pay attention. its the third verse that makes you think the most. "red bull pumps your energy, weed fucks with memory/coke mixed with hennessy turns friends to enemies/pills to stop pregnancies, slow the flow steadily/incredible, we're based on a chemical dependency" deep. dope. (man, chum the skrilla guerilla is a pretty dope producer, havent herd much of this cat but hes on point" 3.5/5

10) Doe Raker Check featuring Motive
    for some reason im just not really feeling this song. maybe the beat is a little too slow. the small guitar riff in the hook and during motives verse gives it a bit of energy that could of been used during the entire song, probably the weakest song on the whole cut. 3/5

11) Philosophical Gangsta featuring Poison Pen and Bad Seed
    Produced by Exact Beats
    this beat imrpoves upon the previous, and fits the bill to the albums flow. all three drop some solid verses, an all round improvement that sets the train back on the tracks after the previous derailment. 3.5/5

12) I Remember...
    Co-Produced by Apathy
    no need to guess what this songs about. its about remaniscing how it was and how it is and what it look like. Chum again laces a phat beat and ap again delivers near perfect execution. 3.5/5

13) The Buck Stops Here
    Produced by 8th and Vertygo
    the buck might stop here but the dopeness doesnt. maybe this song proves apathy thinks too much, wondering "the same dollar bill thats stuffed in a strippers thong/ could be the same dollar bill thats out shoppin with ya mum" which leaves ap imagining life through george washington's eys. 3.5/5

14) The Winter featuring Blue Raspberry
    the end of our first feature journey with apathy. the beat is immediately into business, no fuckin around. dont fuck with ap on winter because "somethin in my mind snaps when its winter time" so you probably wont see him rockin norway any time soon. the hook has some chick Blue Raspberry, she seems nice, probably an R&B singer. chum finishes off with a solid beat, nicely concluded. 3.5/5

bottom line ? dont be fooled by consistant 3.5's. theyre not wack, theyre not filler, theyre all tight, you'll nod ya head and youll fall deep into a lyrical waterbed. Chum The Skrilla Guerilla provides some tight raw beats, only one off point, imo. i highly recommend this to everyone, especially to those who missed out and are feelin 07 isnt off to the best start, its a chance to catch up.

definately a 4/5 IMO.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

the way you described that cd made me not want to hear it lol

Banned

hmm ... im not professional reviewer ...
    Last edited by The Hound; 04-18-2007 at 11:01 PM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yea, I'll say it was either top 5 or top 10 of 2006, but how could you give it such a good rating when you only ranked one song 5/5? A+ Rating for me though. (not classic score)

4.5/5

great album. not a bad song on here. all the beats are above average and he's got an ill flow on every track. i like all the samples in the scratched choruses too haha

"The Rubik's Cuban's at your door but I ain't singin no carols
    I'm like Donkey Kong, i got you niggas dodgin my barrels"

"Claiming that you brawl in these fights
    But you got your nose broken by a white bitch from a volleyball spike"

celph titled hahaha

favorite tracks: the winter, cant leave rap alone, the buck stops here

Word, 4.5/5.. Awesome album, fav tracks: The Winter, Chemical, Philosophical Gangsta, All About Crime & 1,000 grams

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.