Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Fell Off & Became Boring

Default Ghost Fell Off & Became Boring

For the life of me I cannot see what warrants all the hype about Ghost for the last few years. 'Ironman' was classic, SC was excellent, and since then he hasn't released anything that's cracked the average rating imo. 'Bullet Proof Wallets' was more or less horrible. 'Pretty Toney' was ok. Had a few good songs. There were a few good tracks on the Trife and Theodore Unit albums. And 'Fishscale' and 'More Fish' are 2 of the most forgettable albums I have heard. They have no appeal whatsoever to me.

Out of all the generals Ghost has been the least appealing to me over the last few years. I would be more excited about a new U-God album than a new Ghost album. 'Fishscale' and 'More Fish' were both purchased with no interest whatsoever, merely to add to my Wu collection, as a collector of Wu albums. They both lived up to my low expectations. He also almost ruined 'The W', although he came through on 'Iron Flag'.

I find it strange how in the mid-to-late 90's he was basically just another tight Wu member who created little fuss as an individual, even though he was 'spitting flames', and now that he's become average and boring people act as if he's some sort of God.

And don't kid yourself, a lot of his lyrics are more or less identical to what those mainstream artists you all pretend to loathe, are writing. My homeboy quoted one of his recent tracks in an email to me, and I asked him if it was a G Unit song or something, only to have him tell me it was a Ghost track. I really don't see what separates him from all those average chart rappers, lyrically. I can't remember the last Ghost verse I heard where the lyrics actually stood out to me. I really can't.

And spare me the childish insults and all that bullshit. I know how some Ghost fans are. This is just my opinion and if you don't like it then feel free to tell me so in a civilised manner. I just wanted to see if anybody here is feeling me, and agrees with what I'm saying. Because I know there are people out there who also feel that Ghost has become entirely unappealing.

then dont listen to his shit nigga got damn

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    then dont listen to his shit nigga fuck outta here
    And spare me the childish insults and all that bullshit. I know how some Ghost fans are. This is just my opinion and if you don't like it then feel free to tell me so in a civilised manner
    That didn't take long.

Curse this fucking forum. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a decent discussion here nowadays. IMPOSSIBLE.

GENERAL WISE

Although i disagree, I hate people who can't take their favorite artist being critisized.

Just move your shit to Bring da Ruckus and wait for stans to catch feelings.

honestly i like ghost best, and i found both fishscale and more fish to be good. i can see how u arent feeling him tho, his lyrics arent as good as they used to be, but honesty hes the only one really putting an effort out outta the wu, so i stick wit ghost..on those albums i had to pick and choose sum tracks because real talk, def jam effects sum of it

peace and 1luv
    no more albums like the 36 no more

what were the lyrics that you mistook for G unit?

just shut up thx

Just move your shit to Bring da Ruckus and wait for stans to catch feelings.

I didn't want to put it there because it's not a thread to hate on Ghost. I'm just expressing my opinion and seeing if anybody else here feels the same.
    what were the lyrics that you mistook for G unit?
    The song was 'Ghostface', from the PT album. Obviously the 'Ghostface' part would give it away, but the person who emailed it to me had edited it so that it had his mc name in the place of 'Ghostface'. There's also a line about wallabies or something near the start, but at first I thought it was just a joke rhyme the emailer had written, so I thought nothing of it. As I read on I realised it wasn't something he had written, so I thought it must be a G Unit song or something, forgetting the line about wallabies. Not necessarily G Unit, but just one of those chart rappers.

I didn't recognise the lyrics because I have skipped that song every time I've played that album bar my first listen. I absolutely can't stand that track.

yeah that song "ghostface" blows. i dunno. i'm not that into fishscale or more fish but i like ghost's rapping. dude's still got energy.

Wu Vatican

Top 10 all time.

Ok I will admit he has been on some bad tracks where he didn't have it lyrically, but this style he has is trying to reach out to a wider audience. We all know that's not the real Wildflower, Winter Warz, Nutmeg Ghostface.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    He also almost ruined 'The W',

Now this I completely disagree with. Did you forget about Jah World or I Cant Go to Sleep?

everybody hates the song ghostface its atrocious. Probably the worst song on the pretty tony album. But that album was dope, and ghost has been talkin bout wallabes since ironman, so I dunno what the argument is there. You hate because of one bad song that everybody hates? I don't even wanna get into an argument about how great fishscale is cause you probly listened to it once. Why don't you sit there and tell me that biscuits, holla, run, metal lungies, and save me dear were bad songs with bad lyrics. I'd rather argue about something worth arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody View Post
    Now this I completely disagree with. Did you forget about Jah World or I Cant Go to Sleep?
    co-fuckin sign brotha^^^^

I cant believe i am sayin this, but i agree. Ghost has gotten fairly wack these dayz.I mean I like some of his newer tracks but not most. And i suspect he is not going 2 work with wu much anymore. That would be really really GAY!